40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Another NSV I can finally zip up my lightweight fleece sleeping bag all the way and actually be comfortable enough to sleep. Also i bought a belt today 10 inches shorter thsn the one I was wearing when I started 18 months ago. It's tight but i can fasten it.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Way to go Allenpriest! !
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Another NSV I can finally zip up my lightweight fleece sleeping bag all the way and actually be comfortable enough to sleep. Also i bought a belt today 10 inches shorter thsn the one I was wearing when I started 18 months ago. It's tight but i can fasten it.

Great job. I bought several new belts when I had lost first 30 pounds, thinking I was about done. Then as I lost 40 more pounds, I ended up buying a hole punch, and learning that belts with holes all the way round were smart.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 66 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Upper Plus & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

Great job. I bought several new belts when I had lost first 30 pounds, thinking I was about done. Then as I lost 40 more pounds, I ended up buying a hole punch, and learning that belts with holes all the way round were smart.

I've done some of that too, but then the "tail" gets too long. I really wanted a Philmont leather belt. I didn't think the largest they offered would work but I'm losing so perhaps??? And then I was able to connect it. Yippeee
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

It has been so hot I've had to work in the garden early and late.

mhfxtjr5rkfs.jpg
    0f5su0oby0xx.jpg

But day before yesterday I did get in a little of this during the middle of the day.

9pyktv67ryl2.jpg
    bz7j7czgd37k.jpg

And this yesterday.

qc3aszqxk7e7.jpg
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, safely back at work and in the 45+ deg heat here in Abu Dhabi. Completed my first 7 weeks of 5/2 IF and managed to keep it pretty much on track, even including a 5 day trip away with the family at a town called Broome, a 2hr 40 min flight from Perth, did a 2 hour ocean kayak trip and a sunset camel ride which was pretty impressive.
    So with my IF I have finally managed to keep below 100 kg, and even if I did stray above, it came back down again quickly. Now I'm back at work I'll go back to my alternate day fasting and aim for my next goal at 95kg. I'll also try and shift my lazy butt and start using the gym on the camp instead of just lounging in my room, at least I have taken my Play Station home, so the temptation to spend 4 hours shooting things has gone.
    Good luck to all the newbies and to all the oldies too.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, busy, busy at the B&B! I took the morning off to make sure everything was clean and ready for today's incoming guests. Managed to get to the U-pick strawberry field as well and pick more beautiful fresh berries. The wait in line to pay took longer than it did to pick 8 quarts of berries! This is a first for our community and people are coming out in droves!

I haven't worked out in two days, so really NEED to get something in today after work. The guests will have to wait!

Allenpriest - your posts just keep me smiling! That is just wonderful! All those NSV must feel amazing!

Larro - love the pics

gam - great job on the P90Xworkouts!!! They are not easy.

Now, need to get some work done! Have a good one.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Allenpriest, WTG!

Sdereski, the strawberries sound wonderful! I love fresh strawberries!

Weekend away went well - I'm maintaining so far (although I think I'm holding onto a truckload of sodium from the pho I ate yesterday). Not sure if it's my new medicine or the weather, but I had a whopper of a migraine last night (and am still fighting the remnants today).

NSV for me - I've been actually RUNNING on the treadmill at the gym. Like, not just once and then walking the rest of the time, but running in intervals. I have NEVER enjoyed running in my life and I am actually loving it. I may run a 5K one day after all.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Still 40+. Haven't figured out how to improve on that and get back in my 30's yet.
  • hollyb69
    hollyb69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just getting started - this looks like a great forum! Lots of encouragement and def in the 40+ club now. Looking at my first goal of 30 lbs and getting off of sugar completely. I work out 3-4 days/week but sit at my job all day :( Any encouragement/advice/clean eating on the go tips are appreciated!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you. I've been on meds for a couple days now, and am feeling quite a bit better, although the cough still is not great, getting better though.
    Went out to the berry patch and picked 5 quarts and had picked 2 earlier in the day for a friend. Mike and Jared picked one each. I really need to start doing it every day because they are too ripe and falling off too easily. Now that I am feeling better and not coughing as much I will try to get it done. I wish the season wasn't so fast. The garden is looking good. Nothing is ready except for yucky radishes, but it's coming.
    Larro, I love the lilly pad and flower. So neat to see. Your garden looks really big.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    What do you do when it's 95F with 110F heat index, but you have stuff that really needs doing in the garden? Make it rain. All of you guys with a weak stomach might look away now.

65tna7si9w9p.jpg
  • allenpriest
    Options
    At Philmont we are at 6500 feet elevation. Temps here at around 80 F on a hot day. But for a lowland southern boy the wondrous thing is 30% humidity.

To do a back country trek here I have to be another 100 lbs. lighter minimum. And I have to be in much better shape. That's becoming my next motivation. It takes 18 months to plan a trip. Can I make it by 2017?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 67 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 68 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Legs & Back Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    fyk2idml30n6.jpg

Bruges!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Paris!

bellhgazy0kc.jpg
  • Beeps2011