40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids!! I'm 43, been at this for a month and a bit, lost 15 lbs and am pleased as punch with that. I just got a fitbit and have been using this week to figure it out, so far I love the info i'm getting from it!! I also love weighing my food and seeing/using the numbers, logging my food. I have a fitbit charge hr and LOVE the fact that I can see just how many calories I'm burning. I'm just sorry I never tried to loose weight this way before!

So cheers all! Can't wait to get to know everyone :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    So this is where you are!

I wanna hang with the cool kids

Good morning all.
  • hsp11
    hsp11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    alex_dale wrote: »
    I'm In

I'm 41 would love to join the group

Feel free to add me

Me too!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »

Gam, awesome picture! And I love Yoga X.

Take care!!!
    thanks.
    Yoga's tough for me but I usually do alright. last week was unpleasant. wrist didn't like the vinyasas AT ALL. it was the upward flexing. pulling/twisting/lifting are all ok...upward flex was bad.

• Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like a party. I would love to be a part of the group. I'm 52, love yoga and love to be active. Fell free to add me.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    2 hours in airport for one hour flight, 1hour to take the L downtown Chicago and walk to union station, 4 hours wait, 21 hours on the train to New Mexico, another hour on a school bus and I'm finally at the boy scout ranch called Philmont. That plus little sleep on the train and going from 350 feet elevation to 6000 feet and I am whipped.

But I made it!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 64 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Total Body Plus & Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • Juniper1221
    Juniper1221 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 42 and just getting started on my weight loss journey. Would love to join the cool kids.
  • chrisoldroyd
    chrisoldroyd Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yep count me in, 44 and have a load of experience now with this weight loss thing!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    NSV
    I had to buy new underwear as the old size was falling off.
    And the new pants purchased a month ago are getting a bit loose already.
    Scale progress has slowed but clothes progress is good!

FANTASTIC!!!

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Alf - What a beautiful family you have. The bowling themed cake is amazing! Great job! You are very talented!

allenpriest - congratulations!!! You have made so many milestones. Hats off to you.

Welcome newbies!

Saturday - 5 mile run/walk and then did a 24 mile bike ride. Felt good to be back on my bike.
    Sunday, another run/walk, about 6-7 miles in all. I forgot my garmin at home after charging it. :/

My cousin and his wife are visiting for a couple of days, so had a full day after my workout getting dinner ready for our guests. Had the family over as well.

A new strawberry u-pick opened up here on Saturday. My husband and I went and picked 2 full baskets in about 15 minutes. We are heading back there on Wednesday as they berries were DEE-LICIOUS!!!Sweet and juicy. YUM!

No workout for me today as I have to head home right after work and prepare for my guests.
    Have a good day!
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job Alf!

Allenpriest that is one heck of a journey, wow.

Got a couple hours working in the garden done today, man I feel good!! I finally had to stop as I hit a large weedy patch and I guess there were a few THOUSAND mosquitoes in it. I thought it would be the horseflies or the heat that drove me out this am but nope, it was the mosquitoes.

Actually they were so bad, that I even left my first few ripe tomatoes on the plants instead of going and picking them to enjoy for lunch. Perhaps I will brave the bugs when I get hungry enough, lol.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    NSV I didn't need a seat belt extender on the plane today!!!

That is so awesome! You are an inspiration!!! Sometimes we all get so caught up in a certain number or size but really what it is about is making progress and getting/staying healthy! I am proud of you. Have a great vacation!!!
  • cmsmco
    cmsmco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! 41 year old female, 5'6" at 163 planning on losing 13 more pounds.
  • Cherri3770
    Cherri3770 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    40+ and looking for more friends to help with losing weight
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm 47 and I love being fit and being outdoors! Easy to do on the beautiful West Coast of Canada!

I run 3x per week, around 24 km in total. I do yoga on my non-running days (Yoga with Adriene on YouTube). I ride my bike at once or twice a week (usually about 15 - 20 km each time), more if I can. I also enjoy hiking and standup paddleboarding.

I'm just shy of 5'6" and when I started this journey two years ago I was 154 lbs. I got down to 138 but over the next year I slowly put it all back on (stopped counting calories, no surprise!).

In the New Year I made a resolution to lose the weight again, but I was being wishy-washy with my counting and it was coming off very very slowly. Then a couple of weeks ago I saw myself in a big full length mirror and decided I'd had enough of looking like a dumpy old lady!!

So I'm back on it and doing GREAT. I've lost 8 lbs so far and I feel great! When I was in my twenties I weighed close to 130 lbs, so that would be a good goal for me. Not sure if I'll get there, but anything in the 130's would be awesome.

• Niteraven918
    Niteraven918 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Forty eight here. Nice to meet you. :)
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Alf, such a beautiful family and great cake. Must feel good to make something so awesome for her.
    Welcome to all the new people out there. You don't have to do anything to join here, except post something once in awhile and say hi, tell us how you are and what you're doing. It's good to help inspire each other or to get advice or input sometimes.
    I finally got to the Dr. my daughter and I have a virus, water behind the ears, and mine is starting to be infected. So at least we have meds now and can get feeling better.
    After a massive hand washing session, went out picking raspberries, invited an aunt and mil to come get some, so it was really fun, and so many huge ripe berries to get. They taste so good, ours are a little on the sour side, but melt in your mouth.
    Hope everyone has a great week.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 65 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Interval X Plus"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well we had fun in Birch Run shopping. Miss were really well behaved overall since it's not a lot for them to do. Still trying to lose this 6-9lbs. Was teeing to just eat between 9am-8pm. Not sure if I should continue getting or just scaled back calories. If I could just lose the belly/butt extra padding I seem to have put on I wouldn't care about the numbers. However I'm not sure how good I am restricting calories. I think I'm going to lower my calories to 1700 for now and see how that works.