40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @msjanjan337

Good luck with MFP! You are right about using up your calories quickly. Good food, junk food...I love it all. (Well not cantalouple and collard greens so much, but everything else is fair game. LOL) I have found that I can eat right or I can exercise right, but I am really struggling to do them both at the same time. I have read posts from so many successful people on here that losing weight is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. So I am going to focus on food first. The gym that I used to go to closed down. A new one opened up in its place, but I hear it isn't very female friendly. There is one other option in town. It's a little farther from home, but it offers Zumba and Kickboxing, so I think I may check that one out.

Again, good luck to you!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You cannot out exercise a poor diet. Many of us who are obese have to start with nutrition because we just aren't able to do much exercise due to physical issues. Once we can start snd lose some then we can start exercising and that helps the weight loss accelerate.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    8gw28k6bjiql.jpg
    You know what I'm doing. LOL
  • nailgirl70
    nailgirl70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22.5 pounds from last April to Sept. using mfp. I've managed to keep it off and when I turned 45 this June, I decided to go back to paying attention to what I eat in addition to working out and I started 3 weeks ago. I'm in no rush and I am not particularly focused on a scale #. At this point it's about being healthier, stronger and being the best me I can be. Not going to lie some days it's a struggle getting up and out to the gym but afterwards the satisfied feeling I feel is priceless not to mention the difference in how my clothing fits. I guess my point it's mfp is a great tool to get your eating choices and nutrition in check but it can only take you so far. Balancing food and exercise is key.

• bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and trying to master the life long battle with my weight. I need good motivators and inspiration to keep on track. My will power lately sucks. My husband is a chocoholic/snackaholic and brings forbidden foods into the house and sneaks them into the grocery cart. Looking for musician friends as well! Thanks!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my Spartan race! lots of fun! today...I slack. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    was at a ski resort. the first mile was a 3,200 foot incline.

fgn5e9pc1gxh.jpg
    qex1d9vplgma.jpg

• gam3rguy
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    All great photos!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym yesterday....first time in three weeks. It. Was. HEAVEN!!!

My body craved every single second.

I am wickedly sore, today, but no matter! I am off to Europe tomorrow....so, won't see the gym for a month, anyway.

Will have limited wi-fi during my vacation. Stay STRONG everybody! Take care of what you put in your mouth. Stretch!!

And drink lots of water!

BOOM!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have had three days in a row of being under my calorie goal. Today is Sunday Family Lunch day. Here in the GA, my 68 year old mother likes to fry most everything. Here's hoping I can make it through this challenge so I can have four days in a row!

@alf1163
    I'm jealous! I don't have any grandkids to use an an excuse to go see this movie and my nephews are at the age that they would think it was very uncool to be seen at something like this. I may have to just go anyway.

@gam3rguy
    Congratulations! Right off the bat you were going uphill for a mile??? Awesome.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @lcantrell65 there were adults there with no kids at all, I saw people of all ages. There was a group of adults that came in with a pitcher of beer!!!! I thought it was a little too much for a 1:45pm show full of families with young children. We had a great time though!!

@Beeps2011, have a safe flight and an awesome time in Europe!!!! Share some pictures if you want and can!!!!

@gam3rguy, AWESOME JOB!!!! Congratulations!

@nailgirl70, keep up the good work.

@bodymindmusic, take it slow, set small goals so you don't feel overwhelmed, I know it is hard if people close to you aren't very supportive, I struggle with that. Luckily it has gotten better. Talk with your husband about how important this is for you. Let us know how you are doing.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello to you all, hope everyone had a nice weekend. We went to Jefferson, NH to a great family friendly amusement park called Santa's Village. It was so nice, a little too hot, but such a beautiful place to be. The kids had a great time with their cousins there and at the hotel. The buildings there and the landscaping was amazing. They have so many flowers planted, it's really nice. The weekend went real fast, now it's back to the real world. Back to eating really well, and exercising better this week. Also the raspberries are ready, so I will be picking for the next few weeks. I'm tired just thinking about it. I will be doing a lot of squatting and reaching for sure.
  • gam3rguy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    thanks. and yea...it was tough, but glad I did it!! :smiley:

"Day: 57 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Chest & Back & Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
    still a bit sore, but managed to beat at least a couple of my #'s from last time...matched the rest. wrist started out a little tight, but loosened up after a few pull ups. feeling better now. still no skin on a couple of finger tips and underside of knuckles on ring fingers. I just wrapped them up in band aids and pushed through.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    my brother took a couple "before" picks...

qkkh80faltvk.jpg

ljox65nsh1d3.jpg
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I had a fabulous time away for our anniversary. Still did my kettlebell and Kickboxing Saturday morning and then headed out. Yummy food, relaxing spa and a great motorcycle ride.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, folks. Rainy day here and I really just want to be home, snuggling with my son and my kitties. Sent the kiddo to trampoline camp this morning (half-day camp at one of those indoor trampoline places) and he loved it, but is exhausted, according to my mom. Going to swing by Trader Joe's on my way to pick him up in a few hours, and then we'll take it easy tonight. Have been fighting the same cold for a few weeks and it kept me up most of the night last night, so I'm two minutes away from falling asleep at all times today.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Cool Kids.

Avery, my grand-niece, is here from Denver for three weeks. We went down to the river for a couple of hours. I swam a little, but mostly sat in the edge of the water and read. {I had cut grass all morning} She wasn't ready to stop swimming, but I had to get ready for work.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

af5ee74u27qh.jpg
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids! I've been MIA for a million reasons (company staying with us for a few weeks, busy prepping for this Saturday's BadAss Dash, moving offices...by myself since we have no budget for moves, etc).

Great pics from the Spartan race gam3er!

Welcome to all the newcomers, and welcome back to those who came back!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids,
    Been lurking for awhile. I'm 47 and think I'm pretty cool, so this must be the place for me lol! Just starting my journey, lost 5 lbs and have about 80 to go. Been tracking everything and following steps etc with my fitbit! Looking for some great support and of course giving some too!!