40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I know you are all busy. I am too. I was just shaking the tree to see who would fall out.

After it got too dark to work in the garden, I've been watching fishing knot tying videos on You Tube. I learned a new knot and have hooks on the new reels. The bad news is I have office relief tomorrow and events tomorrow night, Saturday and Sunday. Maybe the fish will wait on me.

Hope everyone has a good one,

Larro

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 54 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Cardio X"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    I am here, too....so, "hello" to all.

I don't have much to post....still not lifting....about to leave on summer vacation....will lift when I return (but will be sidelined, again, for next eye surgery, too)

Weather is phenomenal here....the end.
  • Patsalmer
    Patsalmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im here too, just been real busy... Started going to a health and wellness center, seeing a chiropractor.. He is stripping my PF and after 2 painful visits to see him I must say the pain in my heel is gone... I only feel pain in the side of my inner foot... But the majority of my pain is gone. He also does acupressure. And since Ive been going to see him, I noticed Ive sleeping better and have more energy...good thing too, cause These kids keep me very busy...My little guy was sick, had an asthma attack about 2 weeks ago, and just got better from that, and got stomach bug..was sick for 2 days.. had also been complaing of knee pain, and stiff neck. Started taking him to the wellness center as well and after 2 visits, he no longer says his knees and neck hurt, and Ive noticed he hasnt kept me up this week with wheezing....I believe it was the acupressure that helped, what ever it was I am going to continue to take him there...I really want to keep him healthy without so many medications, and I really enjoy sleeping through the night again. Lol
    Have a good weekend people...

• Patsalmer
    Options
    Larro, those are great pictures!!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Patsalmer wrote: »
    Hello, Im here too, just been real busy... Started going to a health and wellness center, seeing a chiropractor.. He is stripping my PF and after 2 painful visits to see him I must say the pain in my heel is gone... I only feel pain in the side of my inner foot... But the majority of my pain is gone. He also does acupressure. And since Ive been going to see him, I noticed Ive sleeping better and have more energy...good thing too, cause These kids keep me very busy...My little guy was sick, had an asthma attack about 2 weeks ago, and just got better from that, and got stomach bug..was sick for 2 days.. had also been complaing of knee pain, and stiff neck. Started taking him to the wellness center as well and after 2 visits, he no longer says his knees and neck hurt, and Ive noticed he hasnt kept me up this week with wheezing....I believe it was the acupressure that helped, what ever it was I am going to continue to take him there...I really want to keep him healthy without so many medications, and I really enjoy sleeping through the night again. Lol
    Have a good weekend people...

Several years ago Margie had TMJ {jaw pain} really bad. The strongest drugs were not helping her. She went to our local chiropractor, who also did acupuncture. After a few sessions with the needles the pain was gone, never to return. The Chinese have been doing it for thousands of years, they still use it for blocking pain in surgeries today.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HELLOOOOOOOO!!!! Just MIA for a little bit. Busy busy...mini summer break was great, plumped up some though. Back on track with my clean eating and workouts. Knees have been hurting a little more though ugh!!!

Welcome newbies!!!!!!! Keep posting! This group/thread has been very active since I created it years ago!!!!! People come and go but that is normal. We, after 40, struggle more to lose those extra pounds and stay healthy but it can be done!!! We are here to help one another.

Beeps, are you excited for your trip?!?!?!

Plans for the weekend?? I want to take my granddaughter to see The Minions movie. LOL

Has anyone heard from Kelly Sue???? Caramel??

Curious, nice to hear from you again!!
  • need4change41
    need4change41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I have been on MFP before....I need to change myself around. Check out my profile to get to know me and where I am at right now....I'd love some friends. Thanks
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    codehandle wrote: »
    Hey folks. Started losing at 41. Down 80+ lbs so far in the last year. I eat paleo, I've been doing 5x5 for 6 months. After about 20 years of fighting obesity I finally found a combination that works for me thanks to stronglifts.com and myfitnesspal.com ... There's before and after photos on my profile.

EDIT:
    Feel free to ask me what I did, I'll let you know... but I firmly believe that diet and exercise are not one-size-fits-all ... and I came to that belief through a long personal journey.

Welcome!!! Great job! Your feed is private, couldn't see your pics

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I took a break from MFP and felt the need to check in on this forum today. I am doing well - my bicycle vacation in Holland was AMAZING! Loved every minute of it, including the daily headwinds and rain / hail we had. It was all good. Came back to a very busy time at work and am now in full blown B&B season. It has been good so far. Am planning a 60/80 party this weekend for hubby and his mom. This party has become a monster with no way of stopping it. I was planning on 40 and will probably end up with 70-80! Oh well, at least the weather forecast looks favourable.
    I am doing well - haven't lost any weight, but did do bootcamp in June after my return from vacation. I am meeting with a PT on Saturday - hoping to start with her on Monday.

Nice to see some familiar faces and beautiful pictures Larro continues to post. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Cheers!
  • Patsalmer
    Options

Several years ago Margie had TMJ {jaw pain} really bad. The strongest drugs were not helping her. She went to our local chiropractor, who also did acupuncture. After a few sessions with the needles the pain was gone, never to return. The Chinese have been doing it for thousands of years, they still use it for blocking pain in surgeries today.[/quote]

Yup true!! Only I dont like needles!! Lol
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My #1 goal for the week: To log every bite I eat BEFORE it enters my mouth. Perhaps if this had been my strategy last week, I would have made some better choices.

I hope you all have a great weekend. (I have really been enjoying reading through the pages of great support here.)
  • larrodarro
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I've had such a long and boring day at work, that I'm reading A History of the War of 1812, published in 1882. Most of the time I save these old dusty projectgutenberg.org reads for when I can't sleep. {That is e-dust of course} The bad thing is I have about 5 hours to go.

My only cardio {other than my infamous squats} was setting up tables and chairs for tonight's party. About midnight I'll get to take them down, though.

I see Caramel's posts on my news feed everyday, and I got a PM from her a couple three weeks ago. She is still losing weight and knocking out big cardio numbers. Like some of the rest of us, she is taking a vacation for the thread.

Sdereski, good to see you back. Glad the bike tour tuned out well. Good luck with the big double party.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. You guys have a good one,

Larro

PS: Here are the numbers for the week.

21.1% Body Fat
    24.0 BMI
    171.7 Pounds

That is a gain of 0.5 pounds for the week.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    War of 1812? The most volunteers and highest casualty numbers came from my state of Kentucky-which points out how different and brutal that war was on the then western frontier.
  • shonitahb
    shonitahb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a newcomer. I turned 44 in March. Is this group still active?
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @Larro,

I have been on MFP off and on for a while, and I could never figure out how to post a picture. Thanks to you and your practice page, I was able to practice without everyone in the thread having to look at my practice attempts. So here's for you...

thank-you.jpg

and one of my own...

ft7oki1eoq1b.jpg

• msjanjan337
    msjanjan337 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well,I suppose, 55 would be considered over 40 (a great deal over 40, lol) but it's my accomplishments or lack of that make me feel like this may not be the group or thread for me, just now anyway. Although I have to admit reading everyone's accomplishments are very motivating and if nothing more when I need a little or a lot of encouragement I can come here and see how well my peers are doing. It would take me too long to tell my whole story of how I got where I am, but it either change now or there may not be another chance. Health is poor and on meds. I am fatigued and obese and although I need to exercise my health issues and weight make it difficult but I'm determined to give it 110%. But this time I am just starting, again. So here goes, I'll will keep watching the room and wish everyone success at fighting for and reaching your goals. Maybe one day I'll be able to come in here and encourage someone new with my accomplishments and the fact that I had reached my goals but have a few pounds I've gained back to re-lose or a new program I am starting. Until then, all of you keep me in your thoughts and if you believe in the power of prayer, as I do, I would appreciate you remembering me there as well. I can use all the help I can get!
  • msjanjan337
    msjanjan337 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @lcantrell65...I am also starting out posting everything I eat and drink before hand. Like everyone else, I have tried EVERYTHING but no matter what the progress I end up back at the same place and oftentimes even worse than before. I also have a personal coach through DailyBurn / Vita app and so far she is very encouraging and helpful. She is who turned me on to MyFitnessPal! So maybe this is what I have been missing. It will certainly make me look differently at what I am eating and drinking. No matter how healthy I had eaten I was not losing weight and I really thought it was because I wasn't exercising. My breathing issues and joint pain has made this so difficult. The exercise is a key piece to this puzzle but in just one day I have made a huge discovery by tracking what I consume and that is my portion size is my enemy. Doesn't matter how healthy you choices are, if you are overeating or eating more than your allowed calories then you body isn't burning or using them. I was horrified at how quickly in the day smart choices will use up you allowed calories if you aren't watching your portion size! So I am right there with you. I believe this consumption tracking is going to be the key for me. I hope it is for you as well!!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    War of 1812? The most volunteers and highest casualty numbers came from my state of Kentucky-which points out how different and brutal that war was on the then western frontier.

You are right, most of it was fought in the wilderness. Indians made up the bulk of the British side, and they didn't play nice. I had forgot how bad our forces were commanded, but then the Brits were just as bad. Other than some nice Naval victories, that war was a draw. After the war all the borders were the same as before. We did realize we could be a naval power though.
  • larrodarro
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Larro,

I have been on MFP off and on for a while, and I could never figure out how to post a picture. Thanks to you and your practice page, I was able to practice without everyone in the thread having to look at my practice attempts. So here's for you...

Your welcome. I needed some place to practice, so I figured other folks did too.

PS. I really like the flower picture over on the other thread.