Wow, alf! How beautiful!
  • skinnerfamily151
    skinnerfamily151 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree what lovely pictures.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures Alf. Hope you are having a blast. I got about half of what I wanted to get done in the garden before a thunderstorm chased me inside. I have night 1 of a 2 night family reunion at work tonight, then office relief tomorrow. The boss is starting her holiday weekend off a little early. She gave me the option of getting in touch with my Monday customers, the Quilter's Club, and telling them I wasn't going to work. But I will only get paid one day for the holiday. I would rather work Monday night and get paid for Saturday.

Welcome to all the new guys and hello to everyone else. Have a good one.

This cloud looked worse a few minutes earlier, but I had to go inside to get the camera. The blackest part was already overhead by the time I took the picture.

jz1ewsejlr0s.jpg
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hi gang
    Back to work this week and catching up from scout camp. I'm also planning a move for my elderly father. This sandwich generation stuff can really suck.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 47 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Legs & Back & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Alf, the pictures are amazing. Enjoy wherever you are. Looks so beautiful.
    I had slacked off on my excercising a little bit the last couple weeks. Not on purpose, went to exercise with my cousin after I had done my normal routine a couple weeks ago, and did a bunch of leg exercising from on line and holy cow, I was miserable for too many days. that delayed me for sure. Now I am back to my normal routine, and doing good. Down 2 more lbs this week. I was at a stand still for awhile. I think this last 20 lbs is going to be a struggle. I am willing to put in the work and be patient.
    I hope you all have a nice 4th of July weekend. My hubby works today, and daughter the whole weekend, so we're not doing much, but it will still be good. I think I need to find a farm stand somewhere, I have been totally craving cucumbers and the only thing in our garden that is ready is radishes. Its kind of nice when you're craving vegetables for a change. Yea....
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey all, and welcome to the New people ... nothing special that all y'all need to do in order to join, just bookmark the group!

Had an odd "injury" this week.

Ran 7+km this past Saturday. Didn't get to do my normal "obstacle" practice on Sunday, so rested instead. No pain at all ... felt really good.

Suddenly on Monday, my right knee suddenly had what I assume to be cartilage issues. Bending the knee was excruciating.

Here's how I describe it:

- do you know when you have a home sandwich press, and you make grilled cheese with 2 regular-sized slices of bread...and it fits perfectly with no squishing or crushing? Imagine if you took two slices of Texas toast instead ... then added a third slice. Imagine how much you'd crush at least one side of it!

That's what it felt like.

Now, it feels about 95% today, but won't be testing it on a run until tomorrow.

The good news is that it took all of my attention away from the tendonsis/torn labrum in my shoulder :)
  • SugarFreePanda
    SugarFreePanda Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am a 46 yo female, 5'5, 160#. My virtual it's to lose 15 lbs. Been using mfp on and off for a year. Got discouraged before because measuring and walking 4 miles, 4-5 days per week has not moved the scale.

Then someone suggested I 'eat back my burned calories' which was confusing. I was told that my body was not getting sufficient nutrients otherwise. Anyways, scale remained the same.

Now I am back to mfp, daily exercise and not 'eating back calories'. Feeling frustrated that I think I eat pretty well, but still feel fat.

Looking forward to trying this online group support. Thank you.

Dee
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, we are back home. Had an amazing time! Still on vacation mode though. Ugh, craving the bad stuff, gotta shake it off LOL

Larro, hope you are getting better weather now. Have family and friends in the Orlando area and they got stormy weather.

Webbeyes, I hope your knee feels better, ouch!! My hip has been hurting lately, I have a labral tear. I hate having all these injuries but somehow manage...I have bad knees, arthritis everywhere and tendonitis in my left shoulder. Yikes!!!

Dee, welcome!!!! I know how frustrating and confusing all this nutrition stuff can be. You just have to experiment and see what works best for you. I too cannot really eat all my exercise calories, normally eating about 1500-1700 works best for me. What works best is to consume most of those calories from clean foods, veggies, fruits, lean meats healthy fats and whole grains. The moment I start eating away from this plan I gain. Ugh!!! It's a lifetime commitment. We are all here to support each other.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Friday Evening Cool Kids.

I had office relief today, the 2nd day of the 2 day family reunion. One Ralph Cotton novel down. Christian Women's Conference scheduled for tonight. One Ralph Cotton novel to go.

Getting ready for the Grateful Dead concert on SXM Radio. They have gotten back together {minus Pigpen, Keith, Bret and Jerry, who have already gotten off the bus} for a 5 show tour, {including a 3 night run starting tonight in Chicago} to celebrate 50 years of making music. Knowing how tech savvy deadheads are, there will be 50 versions of the shows on You Tube by the time they do the last encore on Sunday.

Now let it be understood I'm not try to take over anyone's duties on here, but I thought I'd just leave this for you guys until there is a better one posted.

funny_friday_dog.jpg

Hope everyone has a good 4th.

Larro

Here are the numbers for the week:

21.0% Body Fat
    23.9 BMI
    171.2 Pounds

That is a loss of 0.5 pounds.
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Legs done!killed it today woot woot.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 48 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo Cardio Plus"=Done!
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 next month, so I suppose I will apply for provisional membership now. :) Single mom, 3 kids (shared custody) and a cat. I started losing weight in Feb 2103 on doctor's orders, found MFP in August 2013, and all told lost 75 lbs on that effort. I've tried to maintain in the last year, but the weight is creeping back on (I gave 10 back :( ) and I want to get back on track.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Happy 4th Cool Kids.

We did the whole family gathering at the creek thing today. I could post lots of pictures of old folks sitting in lawn chairs in the creek. But who wants to see that? So here is a nice one of the glass tree.

5qsa6vuysdib.jpg

The show {next to last grateful dead concert ever} is just starting, so I'll go now. {Shakedown Street is the 1st set opener}

Hope everyone had a good day,

Larro
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 49 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid REST Plus"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 50 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Core Synergistics"=Done!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well Kickboxing tonight. Trying to eat between 9/10 am and 8pm. So needless to say I'm hungry so off to bed!
  • unmatcheddiscipline
    unmatcheddiscipline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! My fitness/health goals are to become a cyclist, weight lifter, be totally toned, fit, lean with a bit of muscle, just a bit, oh and also lose all of this fat I do not want. In the end I want to help others reach their fitness/fatloss goals too.

-Dreams without goals, are just dreams.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Here is my morning Cardio. 3 hours plowing and hoeing peas, corn, squash, melons and cucumbers. An hour planting.

4us6t96o8sw7.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 51 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Interval X Plus"=Done!