40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey All. I want to join too. I'm 60, work way too much, am on the road more often than I would like and gained a boat-load of weight over the last 14 months... now I'm getting back in control. Have been on MFP for about 3 months and I'm doing well, but sometimes you just need to log in and hear from others and get support.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    *waves at the new folks*
  • ekgtec69
    ekgtec69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I think I'm the oldest here but WTH, I'm younger than my age of 62. My ex broke my heart 3 years aho and I just stayed in and ate. I gained weight lots. Now in ready to get on the rich track again. Screw him!!. I have 2 grown thin daughters 40 & 42 and a 19 year old Granddaughter. We are all doing this together which makes it fun. We have a group text that we send pictures of what we make to eat, our exercise, and ask for ideas. We help each other when not loosing. My first 2 weeks I went from217 to 204.7 I have been working out on treadmill but have had a knee replacement and a shattered tib & fib on the other keg so it's hard but I'm doing it. Level5, 2.8mph. Well that's my story between the 3 of us we are coming up with some good ideas. Send me a message maybe we can share ideas.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 39 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Surviving scout camp - so far.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard to all the newbies! It's a fun group here.

Nerdy Girl, my niece lives in Austin. How's the flooding?

Well, I've made it through the first three days of Insanity, and I did better than I thought I would. I do get my heart rate up a little too high, so I'll have to watch that. Overall, though, it's a heck of a workout!

Our daily thunderstorms have arrived along with temperatures and humidity in the 90s everyday. If anyone wants me, I'll be the one melting in front of the AC!

Have a great day everyone!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

The rainy season has reached the Larro Ranchero. That means less time watering the garden, but way more time mowing. We've had late afternoon thunderstorms three days in a row. Yesterday's was over fast though, so Margie and I did get our after supper walk in. {which I forgot to log} There is lots that needs doing around here, but I'm going in for office relief at noon, so I doubt much of it will get done today.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else. Ekgtec, I would love you have you and your supper pictures @ http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1216261/whats-for-supper#latest

Hope everyone has a good day,

Larro
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 40 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Legs & Back & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    Options
    All kinds of rain at scout camp here in central Ky. Tonight is family dinner and the rain is supposed to be coming down hard then. Should be interesting.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    All kinds of rain at scout camp here in central Ky. Tonight is family dinner and the rain is supposed to be coming down hard then. Should be interesting.

It's not really camping until the mud is ankle deep. It sounds like this camp is one the kids will remember.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi cool kids. What a long couple of weeks with school stuff stealing my energy. I turned in about 100 pages of forms for 3 kids school and 1 camp today. Both I and my wallet are lighter...but not in the scale way...
    I am looking forward to getting to enjoy some of summer including hopefully a beach day. I haven't walked less than 2 miles a day since I got the dog and sometimes more than 3 miles. I am hitting my longest streak on MFP. Now I need to buckle down on the logging and reducing the junk food. I never drink soda - 1-2 per year and I've had coke every day this week. Drinking my lightly sweetened earl grey to stave off the caffeine headache. Burning the midnight oil needs to stop. Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have done 30 min on the elliptical this morning (last 3 mornings) and went out and weeded in the garden. It felt great to get it done, then mowed a lot and helped my hubby get the hose drug out to the garden, quite a ways from the house. He is getting some of his tractors and saw mill ready to go to a local tractor show. He and Jared love to go each year, so hopefully it will be nice and have lots of participation. We have seen 3 times now, bear poop in our yard. It makes me nervous. We have a raspberry patch and they are still white and brown berries on it. I am jokingly saying he keeps checking to see when they're ripe, when he probably really is. I really don't want to come close to a bear. Now everytime I go outside I am looking all around for it.
    Hope you all have a great weekend.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Friday Evening Cool Kids.

I've had office relief for the last day and a half, so not as much garden and more snacking. Did do lots of reading though. If the dang customers would just leave my alone, it would be the perfect job.

Here are the numbers for the week: 21.1 % Body Fat, 24.0 BMI & 171.7 Pounds. That is a gain of 2.8 pounds for the week. I did increase my breakfast calories, but I think it was that big batch of parched corn {sweet corn, olive oil, salt & pepper} I've been snacking on all week that is doing the trick. This was my first time parching corn, and I think it came out pretty good.

Does corn put weight on you? Does a bear poop in Natalie's yard?

2s3axqw84ksg.jpg

Got a halfway good picture of some chicks under the eves at the Civic Center. They are some kinds of swallows, maybe Martins.

diw19o4head9.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend,

Larro
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 41 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo Cardio Plus"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Saw eye surgeon today for a scheduled post-op check he is verrrrrry happy with my progress!

He cleared me for general activity!

No weightlifting for another week....i told him I am okay with waiting until i return from Europe.

:)

I can wear an eyepatch when the "blur" bothers me....when the eye gets tired....etc.

I see him again mid-August....when we will schedule next eye surgery (to remove the silicone oil).

Yahoo!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Larro, never hear of parched corn? looks good though. And yes a bear does poop in my yard. Still haven't seen him though, thank goodness.
    It's a super beautiful day here again today. Tomorrow is going to be a washout though. I tried 2 places to pick strawberries, but they were all picked out at 7:30 am. they had a radio station there at one of them yesterday and got so many people out, there are no more berries for a few days now. I got the stuff to make jelly though so when they're ripe I will be ready.
    I went to a card class at a friends house today, I hadn't been in a few months. Had a nice time. Had a piece of cake she made that was very yummy and within my calories for the day. No snacking tonight for me though.
    I planted some flowers, dalias (not sure of the spelling) you have to dig them up every fall and plant them in the spring in our area. They were a relative's mothers, and was weeding them out. they are some kind of oblong bulb. Anyway, we had just tilled the garden, and it being later planting them than they should be, I just stuck them in where some cukes didn't come up for this year and see what happens with them. The relative I got them from had them for awhile and hadn't planted them either. They were trying to grow right in the box. Poor flowers.
    Glad of the good report from the eye dr. Peeps. enjoy your trip.
    Welcome to all the new folks, logging really helps. Keep track of your calories, and knowing we are all in a similar spot, trying every day to make good food choices. I have been logging for almost 6 months now. Yea.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Beeps glad you got the good news from the doctor.

Well I biked to and from working out and did my kettlebell and Kickboxing workout. Then spent the afternoon shopping and ate food court food. I really wanted to get painting the dresser and shelves but it's been raining all day. I did get out and price the carpet for our living room but I think I have expensive taste and should down grade my choices so it's less expensive!
  • larrodarro
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Larro, never hear of parched corn? looks good though. And yes a bear does poop in my yard. Still haven't seen him though, thank goodness.

When I was researching 1718 North Carolina, I learned there was only one public gristmill in the colony. Rich folks had small hand mills, but most people had to grind their corn by hand with wooden mortar and pestle. Eating bread made from this was a risky prospect, so most people parched their corn. You can just crunch it, crush it or add it to soups. The Indians had taught them how to do it. I learned that it was still a common practice when Mamma was a little girl. I had always wanted to try it, and I had some corn that had got too hard to boil. It is very good, but if you try it, just eat small amounts. I went a little crazy for several days, and it played havoc with my digestion.

i3_6A.JPG

I got three rows of Crimson Sweet melons planted this morning before work. Then mowed the graveyard after work. Or at least most of it. A big thunderstorm gave me an early shower. It's a 1/4 mile down to the graveyard, so I was soaked when I got in.

My 2nd planting of peas, corn and Sugar Baby melons are all coming up nicely. But the Armenian cucumbers have only one here or there, and the squash and Charleston Gray melons have not made an appearance at all.

I'm off tomorrow and we are thinking of going shopping. Had an idea of going to Panama City, but it's just too close to the 4th. It will be a madhouse down there. So likely going to Marianna instead.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else.

Hope everyone is well,

Larro
  • allenpriest
    Options
    Larro thst looks like a barn swallow nest.

We got all Momma's darlings home safely from scout camp. All 14 of them. Now the scoutmaster has to catch up at work.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    since July 11th is "core synergistics" AND my Spartan race, it's unlikely i'd do both. so..."Day: 55 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Core Synergistics"=Done! I know, it's all out of order, but this is how it needed to happen.