Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Thanks furballs!!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Larro thst looks like a barn swallow nest.

The nest is right, but the birds are drab looking. Not near the color of a barn swallow. And the split tail is not as pronounced either. But then there are tons of swallows, all with differing airspeed velocity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    glad it's not leg day. went on a trail run with bro yesterday. I messed up the tracking because I paused it at a water fountain and forgot to un pause it for a bit so it didn't track part of it. it counted 9.63, but I think we went a little better than 10 miles.

"Day: 43 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Back & Biceps & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!! Heading out to the coast with hubby and granddaughter! My son is at camp. Excited for the little break.

Beeps, glad to hear you are better.

Ruby, I'm loving ChaLean and seeing results. I'm definitely feeling stronger. Taking a few days off while on vacation but planning on doing bodyweight exercises. Starting second phase next week. Glad to hear you are continuing riding your bike.

Welcome to all the new members!

• Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks alf!

I walked with a friend this morning....so nice to have company! I could have walked and walked and walked for hours!!!
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm 45 years old, married, mother of two and grandmother to one. I have a daughter who is 27 and a son almost 20. I'm hopping back on the bandwagon looking to lose 20 or so pounds.
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome Grahamckas88 good luck in your journey
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    glad it's not leg day. went on a trail run with bro yesterday. I messed up the tracking because I paused it at a water fountain and forgot to un pause it for a bit so it didn't track part of it. it counted 9.63, but I think we went a little better than 10 miles.

"Day: 43 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Back & Biceps & Ab Ripper X"=Done!

I hate leg day lol today is back and biceps for me
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I saw this and had the share:

6ttkpn0ytbdr.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 44 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Plyometrics"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I walked for 90 minutes yesterday and for 140 minutes today....just felt SO great!

Is it okay to LOVE walking, outside, while the weather is nice??!??! And, of course, while lifting is OFF-LIMITS anyway?!?!?

:)

ZOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I love walking! It'll be especially fabulous when you are walking in Europe!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 45 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Chest, Shoulders & Triceps & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, happy hump day. I got up to go pick strawberries again today and they were closed, so I got some out of my cousin's fridge that she had picked a few days ago and made strawberry rhubarb jam, two batches .My house smelled so good. I will have to go pick another day. Got a lot of laundry done and cleaned out some old freezer burned food out of the freezer before the garbage truck comes. I finished a mini quilt for a gift, still need to do the binding. Has been a productive day, but the house is a mess. I got my elliptical done too, so that was great. I usually do my excercising first, but did it before lunch. I was trying to get the picking done before the rain today. Anyway, I hope you all had a great day.
  • skinnerfamily151
    skinnerfamily151 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would like to join also and I don't know how either. I am 44 years old. I was hit by a drunk driver when I was young and that damaged my ankle bad. My foot finally gave out to the point that I had to have another but major surgery several years ago. This brought depression at first (but I have accepted and have no problems with that) and leaves me unable to exercise (since some day I do good to walk across the room). When all this happened I put on over 100 pounds. Now I need to get my health back in check.

I need this for myself but also for my kids. My first husband passed away over 10 years ago. This means I am the only parent some of my kids have (of which one child is not a adult yet). They deserve a healthier parent. I owe it to myself after all I have been through to have a healthy life but as you can imagine it is hard when you can't exercise.

I am looking forward to getting to know others that I can talk to. Thanks
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well it's Canada Day here, so not much got done exercise way. I did ride my bike home from work (15 min) since I left it there yesterday and I visited with a friend and then primed 6 huge book shelves and primed and painted a dresser I bought so it was productive. Oh and I drank beer! It's weird having a Wednesday off, tomorrow it's back to work. Wish sometimes the holiday didn't have to be celebrated on the actual day!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 46 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Glorious morning walk kbpzo6nktclh.jpg
    9aujuv54gjyh.jpg
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Aalf1163, that's gorgeous.

Morning, everyone! Thank goodness this is a four-day work week because I don't think I could do another day of work. It hasn't been *bad*, it's just been one of those weeks where everything is bothersome. It probably doesn't help that I've got a cold/virus that just won't go away, so I've been sneezing/coughing and feeling plain rotten for a few days. On the plus side, I hit the 10 lb mark yesterday for lbs lost, so that's exciting! :) Since I don't have to weigh in for another week, I'm going to treat myself to some pho from my favorite Vietnamese place for lunch (I swear, it's a cure-all - it has helped knock out some colds this winter - it'll fit into my calories for the day, though :)).

Have a great day!
  • ldalvarado
    ldalvarado Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Newbie here. I will be 46 next week. I wax and wane on my fitness. In 2001 I lost almost 50 pounds with Weight Watchers, and other than the period of time around the birth of my 2nd child, I have maintained my weight pretty well. But I am always looking to be more fit. I started running in 2008 and have done so off and on since then. O am currently in an "on" phase. I get motivated in the summer when it is warmer, and light outside longer, but then my interest fades when it gets cold, dark and rainy.