40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good {Friday} Evening Cool Kids.

Nice pictures Beeps. Hope you are having a blast.

I've had a long sleepy day here at work. I had to come in at 1000 to set up, then wait around all day. It's a lockout for the annual free school supply event the Health Department holds. There will be about a thousand folks {mostly kids} come through tomorrow. {I will be wishing for a long quiet day}

Hope everyone has a good weekend,

Larro

The numbers for the week:

20.8% Body Fat
    23.9 BMI
    170.6 Pounds

That is a loss of 0.1 pounds.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    28 hour trip back starts tomorrow.
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Taken a much needed 2 weeks off from working out . Hit a plateau and was so over it from working out lol but as of Monday fresh vibes and recharged glad I stuck with eating healthy I lost 2 pounds! So guess I did a good thing enjoy your weekend everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Day: 69 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Kenpo Cardio Plus"=Done!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    For various reasons I came to Philmont searching for some answers as to my purpose and role in scouting. My Eagle Scout is grown and gone. I needed to reaffirm that a place in scouting ministry was still my call. It may look different in the future but I am now convinced it still matters and I'm still supposed to be there.

It's been a good week.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, busy day here. Cleaned all day after all the guests left. Cleaned, laundered, ironed, and then went for a 5 mile run. I am bushed!

Larry, your numbers are getting pretty low.
    Gam....great job. Congrats on continuing to bring it.
    Allen, glad to hear you feel good about where you are.

Good night all.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hiya - another 40+ here (actually closer to the five oh than the four oh, but I hear the 60 is the new 40...whatever that means). Dig the thread - in no small part to some of the great pics! Really like the Iceland pic above - beautiful shot. Also saw some great ones from Florida - larradarro...glad to see someone else can blow out a shirt as well as I can. That is some sweat and grime there! Love it. I guess I will have to start takin' some shots around central NC when I am out.

So, I guess with that little intro I am part of the club. I am part of the club now right? My profile will tell you more about me if you wanna know. The short version is husband, father, dog lover...trying to drop pounds and get back in shape to improve my softball game and even run a tri-sprint in the spring.

Today I slept late because the teens were at the movies till 1am. I don't sleep till they are home. Got a good workout in - treadmill, weights (chest-shoulder-arm day; my fave) and some time on the stationary. Took the wife for a ride in the jeep...topless of course (the jeep, not the wife). Made supper and getting ready to do some desk work.

Looking foward to more stories and pics from the cool kids.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to get in kettlebell and Kickboxing plus biking there and back. Vacation is officially over and it'll be back to the grind on Monday and it'll be brutal since I have a bunch of deals closing this week that I have to prepare.

Trying to convince myself to get up at 530 on Monday and Wednesday and go to the 6am kettlebell class but not sure that'll happen!

Beeps awesome pics! So jealous of your trip. Hoping you are having a wonderful time.

Allenpriest glad got have found your way and I'm sure you'll reach your goal and do that trek!

Steve welcome! Sounds like got have a good plan in place.

Sdereski you are one ambitious lady! I've yet to get the house clean. I've decided to enjoy the summer weather that finally arrived!
  • MsDvine
    MsDvine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, i would like to join.

I'm 45, mother of 2 boys (1 adult, 1 teen). I would like to think that I'm pretty active but have always struggled to loose weight no matter how hard i work at it. My goal is to change my eating habits to that which is more healthy, become more fit, and become a little stronger than i am. I've been battling a thyroid condition and i think it keeps me plump no matter how active i am. I turned 45 in Feb. this year and 3 months later sciatica pain dropped in for a visit, long term. Drs tell me to limit my activity. If i do then i will blow up. For now I'm a walking fanatic. If anything its a stress reliever. Would like to jog or run but the pain is to great. Been with MVP for some time now. When I'm serous about it i do pretty good and loose a few lbs. It's time to get serous again. I'm looking forward to seeing everyones hard work and success. It will serve as my motivation. Have a great day everyone.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 70 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid REST Plus"=Done!
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Options
    30m treadmill; ab/back on weights, 30m stationary bike.

90 minutes hitting baseball infield practice.

made the weekly menu, did the grocery shopping, getting ready to cook dinner.

Kids grumbling about doing some chores. ROFL. It seems I am a meaner. I can live with that as long as the house is clean.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 46 and joined MFP 50 days ago. So far I've lost 8 lbs, but mostly what's changed is my outlook and attitude about myself. It's been a really difficult 2 years for me personally and professionally, with health difficulties and loss (and my weight has been really creeping up through it all). I'm realizing that whether I chose it or not, I'm a different person and life is different now. I'm just starting to believe that there can be some good in that and I can work towards being healthier and maybe some happiness will follow.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all and join in on the support and hanging out. Love seeing people share pictures and little parts of their lives.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Omg!!! I've been MIA too long!!!! Thanks everyone for the compliments! My gluten free pound cake today was a disaster though. LOL I've been making my own almond milk and wanted to get creative with the leftover almond meal. Found a nice recipe on YouTube but I must've done something wrong. It came out like a bread pudding, very mushy, ugh!! The taste is awesome just wondering if it needed more baking time. When I did the toothpick test after 50 mins it can't out clean. Any ideas what to do with leftover almond meal?? Everything else going ok but scale hasn't moved much.

So many cool kids!!!!!! Welcome! Keep posting, let's inspire each other!!!!

All the berry picking!!! I'm jealous! I guess I have to be up north fit that! My little strawberry plant is dying. But it's sooo hot here!

Take care everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 71 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Back & Biceps & Abs/Core Plus"=Done!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Just came back from a wonderful week in Disney World....gotta get back to the program..scared to weigh in... gonna give it a few days first or I will just be depressed.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

I'm off to a slow start this morning, recovering from a long work weekend. Haven't even made it to the garden yet. Later this morning I have to pick up my niece and her youngest from the Panama City airport, so I don't have long when I do get out there.

All my berries are gone now, but I'm just a couple of days away from picking cucumbers from my 2nd planting. The 1st planting played out before my tomatoes and onions hit their stride. Now that the tomatoes and onions are about all used up, I will be up to my ears in cucumbers again. Never got that perfect salad timing this season. But my peppers are still producing like crazy. I did a peppery sausage breakfast casserole yesterday before work. Turned out pretty good.

z12gmk90sa4p.jpg

Welcome to the new guys, and hello to everyone else.

You guys have a good one,

Larro
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Had a great Sunday, a fun"play date with one of my bffs. We went Stand Up paddle boarding. I had been before, but my friend had not, so we took a lesson, which was extremely beneficial. Strong headwinds on the way back, so am feeling it in my shoulders today.

Hey, we have an "extreme heat warning" here today! Imagine that. We are expecting temps of 32C today. :smile:

Larro, how I would love to have some of those fresh garden cucs! I bought some from the farmers market and ate them all already! Have to wait until Friday for more. Your breakfast looks yummy!

More B&B guests tonight.

Welcome to all the new folks!
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Options
    weather was fantastic all weekend so I popped the top on the jeep. Forecast was for sunny, clears skies till Tuesday. Had my head down in my job today and went to talk to the wife (we both work from home) and looked out her office window and saw...yup...rain. Good thing Jeeps are made to get wet inside.

hope y'all had a better Monday than me.

Salmon, brussel sprouts and roast cauliflower for dinner. Yum.
  • larrodarro
    Options

Steve, stop in over at "What's for Supper????" if you want to brag about it. It's always interesting to see what other folks are having.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1216261/whats-for-supper#latest

• Steve_ApexNC
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

Steve, stop in over at "What's for Supper????" if you want to brag about it. It's always interesting to see what other folks are having.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1216261/whats-for-supper#latest
    thanks for the tip. some good looking chow in those pics. I guess I am gonna have to figure out how to post some pics over there.