40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome race finishes @elizabeppes and @Djproulx !! Sheer determination there @Djproulx - sorry the weather was so crappy at the Beach (my original hometown).

Been traveling this week and generally just have been slacking off while in maintenance. My race season is starting in 2 weeks, so I need to get back to some focused workouts and stop making excuses. Unfortunately, the weather isn't cooperating for getting out on the water today, so I'm doing land-based training (planks and squats, and some mileage later).

Stay cool, kids - and have a wonderful weekend!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    14km on the rower. Took just under 1:20. Followed by assisted chin-ups and dips. Followed by a lovely pear, goat cheese, and candied walnut salad with champagne vinaigrette. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    LeoT0917 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=Done! 23:37!

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing Max 30. Is this the first time you've done this workout series? Can you let us know how you like the program and maybe what you don't like, if anything?

I'm very interested in your feedback.
    let me get back to you Friday. this is my fist time through and first week of month 2. haven't tried "MAX STRENGTH" or "Friday Fight: Round 2" yet.

Awesome! Thank you.

ok...here goes. I think "MAX:30" is better than the original and Asylum (damn jump rope!!!!!!). more thought out, better presented.
    first...there's a warm up, not just getting thrown in the deep end. after the warm up...deep end! no time is wasted on long, wonky stretching. the whole MAX OUT thing seems to work for me too. I made 9:03 today...progress=even just 9:04 next time. it's written down so I can't even screw that up! I know what I gotta do. :) what I don't like?...some of these moves and circuits are HARD!!! but the things that we struggle with make us stronger...so, still at it.
    that said...there is a cool down, but it's not part of the 30 minutes. there are 2-3 minute cool downs AFTER each routine. and 3 days a week there is a 10-15 minute ab routine. so some days you're looking at up to 48 minutes.

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just did my farthest run yet at 5 miles. Can't quite believe it. I think it will be a year before I can say that I am a runner.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Just did my farthest run yet at 5 miles. Can't quite believe it. I think it will be a year before I can say that I am a runner.

congrats! How long did it take for you to get this far? I'm starting from scratch and hope to run 5 Miles by summers end.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

NEWSFLASH: YOU ARE A RUNNER!!!! Congratulations on completing a 5 mile run. Look forward to reading more of your running reports.

• Dray222
    Dray222 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 42 year old mom of 3 boys ages 16, 10, and 1. My goal is simply to be the healthiest version of me I can be. Feel free to add me.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse"=Done!
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Woot! After over 2 weeks of being off the water (weather, travel, life), I finally got a nice paddle in today - 5.69 miles, just under 2 hours. For me, race season starts in 2 weeks, so it was good to be back on the water even though it took me a while to get my water legs back. Was super happy to paddle the whole time without a break, though I'm exhausted and likely will be feeling it tomorrow (when I have another paddle with my race buddy). :#
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "rest" day!
    stupid grocery shopping=Done!
    Laundry...in progress.
    should food prep...but i'm behind on my movies. so...Kong: Skull Island this morning. probably gonna hit Power Rangers this afternoon. YES POWER RANGERS go ahead and laugh.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Woot, second day of stand up paddleboarding in as many days - 3.28 miles with a friend. We also practiced our cross over turns. Just prepping for a race in two weeks. We kept it a bit easy as she had run a road race yesterday and I had done a long paddle, so we were both a bit tired and sore. Gorgeous day on the water, though only saw a few rays.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Switching to maintenance for a couple of weeks, still want to lose 3-4lbs, but need a break. Though really I'm not good at changing so I'll just eat the same and then hopefully cut down my night time protein bites, or weekend beer! Managed to get to 142 from 148/149 so I'm happy, I'd love to get under 140 to have some room for summer beer or December indulgence! Off to focus pad class tomorrow and then a focus pad/striking class with Leo Loucks on Tuesday, kickboxing Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and kettlebell Saturday. Skipping kettlebell on Tuesday for the striking/focus pad class.

Managed to get a long walk in today and got my meal prep done. Glad everyone is keeping busy!
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=Done! 23:37!

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing Max 30. Is this the first time you've done this workout series? Can you let us know how you like the program and maybe what you don't like, if anything?

I'm very interested in your feedback.
    let me get back to you Friday. this is my fist time through and first week of month 2. haven't tried "MAX STRENGTH" or "Friday Fight: Round 2" yet.

Awesome! Thank you.

ok...here goes. I think "MAX:30" is better than the original and Asylum (damn jump rope!!!!!!). more thought out, better presented.
    first...there's a warm up, not just getting thrown in the deep end. after the warm up...deep end! no time is wasted on long, wonky stretching. the whole MAX OUT thing seems to work for me too. I made 9:03 today...progress=even just 9:04 next time. it's written down so I can't even screw that up! I know what I gotta do. :) what I don't like?...some of these moves and circuits are HARD!!! but the things that we struggle with make us stronger...so, still at it.
    that said...there is a cool down, but it's not part of the 30 minutes. there are 2-3 minute cool downs AFTER each routine. and 3 days a week there is a 10-15 minute ab routine. so some days you're looking at up to 48 minutes.

Thank you, so much! I watched a couple of YouTube videos on the the series over the weekend. Based on your feedback and what I have seen, I will likely get the program to start once I finish with my current P90X Plus program. Thanks, again! Looking forward to hearing more of your progress.

Take care.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Just started a new 12 week workout cycle after a repeat of the last 4 weeks of P90X Classic, finishing off with a recovery week of cardio, stretching and yoga. Fitness Progress and Numbers have been good. I started in late November 2016 and I've gone from 204 to 174 lbs, lost 5 inches from my waist and 1.5 inches from my neck. Resting pulse has gone from high 70s to mid 50s. Seeing a lot more muscle definition all over and strength has increased significantly.

Just completed week 1/day 2 of P90X Plus hybrid, where I am subbing various cardio workouts (spinning, rowing, other) for Kenpo Cardio Plus), adding an additional Yoga session to the strength workouts on day one every week and extra pull up session on day's 3 and 6 to advance from band-assisted pull ups to the real deal by week 12.

Looking to get down to Fit and lean 155 to 160lbs.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Starting recomp today :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT CARDIO"=Done! 21:07!
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Ab Attack:10"=Done! 9:21!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. My trainer took it to me today. When I say I was pushed to my physical limit, indeed I was. I was definitely challenged. Have a good night.