feeling awful sick after cheat meal?

Options
Has anyone else had this happen? I ate two slices of pizza

Replies

• serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yes. Once accustomed to eating primarily produce and lean meats, heavy or greasy meals make me feel sick now. So do sugary foods but I find those harder to quit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Is that more fat than you would typically consume in a meal? Cheat meals, in and of themselves, probably won't make anyone sick. But consuming something that has way more fat than you're used to can make you feel ill.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat lean meat vegetables fruits every day but cheat day
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Then it's probably the higher fat in the meal, not the "cheat day."
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I don't cheat on food and have a healthy mindset about it.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nope, my gut is industrial strength.
    Though I might feel a little mental trauma when I've been 'bad' on my meal plan.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nope never happened to me.

A Treat meal most times still fits up to or a bit over maintenance calories for me. I had Pizza Hut last Friday 2 slices, the worst that happened was I was super gassy the next day. I blame the pizza but it was well worth it. nom nom nom

I eat tons of whole foods but I don't "eat clean"
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    yup - gut bacteria changes - If I eat things that aren't in my usual repertoire, I get gassy or bloated. 2 slices of pizza would probably do that.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I can have, um, bowel issues if I eat something higher fat than I normally would be that's actually much less of an issue now than when I was 220lbs.

So no! Pizza doesn't but would have at my highest. Go figure.

I also don't cheat. If I want pizza I log it and eat it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Yes, but probably not just after two slices of pizza. If I binge I feel sick afterward. This was also true when I wasn't dieting.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Two slices of pizza is not a cheat, if you are feeling sick after maybe something went bad that was on the pizza.
  • ChristianFitMom101
    ChristianFitMom101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal should not be a cheap meal. You work hard for the body of your dreams, dont ruin it by giving it food of its nightmares.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I often think these kinds of things are physiological rather than physical...

• MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My "cheat" meals are usually just a bigger version of what I normally make fit into my calories. For example, while I love nachos, I usually keep my plate small and well within my goal, but every once in a while I splurge and have a bigger plate with more yummy stuff on top.

The only thing I usually end up feeling is bloated until it digests. I haven't really cut anything out of my diet though. Just cut back on portion size, or how often I eat it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

How often do you have cheat meals? If it's weekly then I wouldn't expect the extra fat to be a problem.

Does this happen with every cheat meal or just this once? Was there sausage on the pizza?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal should not be a cheap meal. You work hard for the body of your dreams, dont ruin it by giving it food of its nightmares.

Damn, pizza is ruining my body even if I'm within my goals?!

And yeah, two slices, depending on the size of pizza, is something I can easily fit into my day with alright macros. No biggy.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Nah