feeling awful sick after cheat meal?

Options

Replies

• weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It was all in my head yet I had diahrea.... Okay?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Then maybe it was something bad with the food as in spoiled or food borne illness.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    Eating 2 pieces of pizza isn't even a "cheat" for me. I just account for it in my daily allowance. So, no-- it doesn't make me feel sick at all. I have an iron gut with the exception of too many beans or too many almonds (for some reason my tummy can't digest them in excess.)

2 pieces of pizza isn't a "cheat" for me either but perhaps the OP is talking NY-sized slices. I'd feel sick after two of these:

slice.jpg
  • kshama2001
    Options

Since you normally eat very lean, the unusual amount of fat for you could have upset your stomach.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It may not be the food itself so much as the grease on top. Maybe try blotting it off with a napkin next time?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    YES!! I sure do. It wasn't cheating & I hardly ever eat out but I did 3 times in a month & each time I felt sick to my stomach. One meal was a steak & green beans at Applebees, & the other 2 were similar. I don't want to eat out any more. Also years ago, before mfp, I worked 5 days in a row & ate "well" chicken, veggies & some rice & one first day off I'd eat whatever I wanted, usually more greasy & 2nd day off I spent recovering from it
  • searl89
    searl89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    YES! I had a hand full of Doritos yesterday and bad the worst stomach ache. I guess it's a good thing, for me anyways, because I will remember for the next time the pain I felt and will not cheat.
    I have also been having some GI issues that my Dr has been trying to figure out, so pain has been normal with eating anything outside of fruits, veggies, and lean meats.
    Good luck!
  • ChristianFitMom101
    ChristianFitMom101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal should not be a cheap meal. You work hard for the body of your dreams, dont ruin it by giving it food of its nightmares.

So my body knows how much I spend on food? I do not follow...

I was just thinking that a better quality pizza probably wouldnt give you a stomach ache like a pizza from little ceasars, pizza hut , Dominos or papa johns. Im sorry if i offended you .
  • ChristianFitMom101
    Options
    A cheat meal should not be a cheap meal. You work hard for the body of your dreams, dont ruin it by giving it food of its nightmares.

Damn, pizza is ruining my body even if I'm within my goals?!

And yeah, two slices, depending on the size of pizza, is something I can easily fit into my day with alright macros. No biggy.

Cheap ( poor quality) pizza has so much salt, MSG, grease and other junk. It may not ruin your body forever but when you get diarrhea its not good. I eat pizza often, its always home made and I dont get sick. I have eaten pizza from pizza hut and had to buy peptmo bismo because i literally had diarrhea so bad.
  • ChristianFitMom101
    Options
    ferd_ttp5 wrote: »
    I can eat pizza whole day and still lose weight, but I wouldn't do because it's unhealthy. The key for me to healthy eating habbits is not depriving yourself from anything I can enjoy that two slice of pizza if it fits in on my daily calorie budget.

I shouldve explained myself better by cheap i didnt mean money wise i meant quality wise. Most fast food chains have the worst quality food. I can eat pizza, burittos and burgers everyday and lose weight as long as im cooking it. If I allow a restaurant to cook it for me the quality is not the same. They dont use the same kind of salt or oil. I have literally had my stomach pop out after a few bites of pizza hut, but eating my own pizza doesnt have the same effect i can eat 5 slices and just be full not swollen like the michelin tire guy.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I can eat pizza whole day and still lose weight, but I wouldn't do because it's unhealthy. The key for me to healthy eating habbits is not depriving yourself from anything I can enjoy that two slice of pizza if it fits in on my daily calorie budget.

I shouldve explained myself better by cheap i didnt mean money wise i meant quality wise. Most fast food chains have the worst quality food. I can eat pizza, burittos and burgers everyday and lose weight as long as im cooking it. If I allow a restaurant to cook it for me the quality is not the same. They dont use the same kind of salt or oil. I have literally had my stomach pop out after a few bites of pizza hut, but eating my own pizza doesnt have the same effect i can eat 5 slices and just be full not swollen like the michelin tire guy.

Um. ok.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This happens to me, I find the grease in the meal has to do with it. I fast on Saturdays and eat out at a restaurant on Saturday night. I end up feeling sick if I eat something too greasy...not sure why but it happens every time :D
  • kshama2001
    Options

I'm glad you've found what works for you, but it's really just an interesting anecdote. I've made pizza from scratch, eaten it in a Jesuit monastery, a Hindu ashram, and Pizza Hut, and for that matter at various establishments all over the United States, and never experienced what you're talking about.

I am in complete accord that you have control over ingredients and calories when cooking from scratch.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    This happens to me, I find the grease in the meal has to do with it. I fast on Saturdays and eat out at a restaurant on Saturday night. I end up feeling sick if I eat something too greasy...not sure why but it happens every time :D

Dr. K prescribes more fat on a regular basis to build up your tolerance :lol:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I've known people who get migraines from MSG.

However I am not one of them and chain store pizzas are no problem for me ( not sure if they are actually high on MSG or not) and 2 pieces of pizza has never made me feel sick.)

I don't follow the cheat meal concept but have occaisionally felt sick after eating too much of something like cream cakes.
    Generally when I should of stopped at one portion and did not.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    nope. i don't do cheat meals. i had a whole pizza by myself once i reached maintenance, (hadn't had pizza in a year and a half), no adverse effects. Then again, i've been eating plenty of carbs and fat during my weight loss, so why would it affect me?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

I wouldn't say it is "all in your head" myself.

But in my experience, digestive issues can absolutely be triggered or aggravated by psychosomatic causes.
  • FlattoPhat
    FlattoPhat Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, it has happened to me. I made my fav cheat food, cookie dough. It made me sick, but it was sooooo good. I ate some dough and some cookies. I could really taste the crisco.
  • RebeccaGabriele375
    RebeccaGabriele375 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Maybe Eat In Moderation? The Doctors In The Weight Management Programs I Have Been Too Told Me To Eat A lot At Dinner And Drink As Much As I Can At The Dinner Table And That Would Be It For The Night But I Cheat Lol So Oops