1 litre of water first thing in the morning

jla2425
jla2425 Posts: 67 Member
Have you ever tried this and found it beneficial? I have started it yesterday and this morning and it clears you out completely. Apparently it also boosts metabolism by 24%.

Replies

• jla2425
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Staying hydrated is a good thing - but no way does it boost your metabolism by 24%. Drinking lots of water makes me pee.....is that the "clearing out" you're referencing?

http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-drinking-water-on-an-empty-stomach/#gref

https://www.davidwolfe.com/drink-water-first-morning-5-reasons/

These were two sources that i read about boosting metabolism. I am not entirely sure if accurate lol. Also it clears both #1 and #2 completely you will have to go but not in a bad way like the runs or something. It will just remove excess sludge in the colon. Sorry if thats TMI.
  • jla2425
    jla2425 wrote: »
    Staying hydrated is a good thing - but no way does it boost your metabolism by 24%. Drinking lots of water makes me pee.....is that the "clearing out" you're referencing?

http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-drinking-water-on-an-empty-stomach/#gref

https://www.davidwolfe.com/drink-water-first-morning-5-reasons/

These were two sources that i read about boosting metabolism. I am not entirely sure if accurate lol. Also it clears both #1 and #2 completely you will have to go but not in a bad way like the runs or something. It will just remove excess sludge in the colon. Sorry if thats TMI.

There is no excess sludge in your colon. Otherwise you would be in the hospital.

Hmm i am just going based on the articles maybe colon was the wrong word I should have re read it.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    I drink water all day at work and go through 2-3 bottles working out. I sweat a lot so I drink a lot. Every night I have water by my bed in case I get thirsty at night.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I have a pint of water in the morning at 7am before I go to work, and then eat my breakfast at 8.30... a litre would be overkill!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    With everything that's been said, I do drink a big glass of water first thing every morning. I know for certain that it doesn't increase my metabolism by 24%, but I do feel like it helps to wake me up and get my body going. Our bodies lose hydration through sweat while we sleep, so you need to replenish it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    It's weird that both articles reference it boosting your metabolism by 24% without any citation (very specifically not 23% or 25%). That should be a red flag for you right there. If that were true or backed up by any kind of research, it shouldn't be a problem for either article to point to some kind of source for the claim.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I probably drink a litre of tea before 9am.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member

The 'purple' made me giggle, lol. Seriously, though - good info.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    AliceDark wrote: »
    It's weird that both articles reference it boosting your metabolism by 24% without any citation (very specifically not 23% or 25%). That should be a red flag for you right there. If that were true or backed up by any kind of research, it shouldn't be a problem for either article to point to some kind of source for the claim.

right, and if we could all simply boost our metabolism by 24% by just drinking water in the morning then why dont we???

this is more woo woo from the interwebs...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    jla2425 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. I was really curious to see all of your opinions as I am the last person who knows anything about science. Its so hard to get a straight answer now a days but it seems fairly clear here now. Thanks :)

Just go with logic and common sense...if something you're reading seems to defy these things, then it's likely a bunch of woo.

this..

and stay off the interwebs ...