Your Daily Routine

TVDMD
TVDMD Posts: 50 Member
I'm just curious as to how you all fit fitness and health into your day, along with all the other demanding things that needs to be done. Nothing too personal, just share a basic overview of your day.
Here's mine:
5:45a-6:15a - get my 2 year old ready for daycare
6:15a-7:15a - coffee, free hour that needs to be filled
7:15 - 8:40a - get myself and 9 yr old ready for day, pack lunch, etc.
8:40a- 6:30p my work day.. commutes etc
6:30 - 7:30 pm quick errands, greet family, eat dinner
7:30 -10pm .. 2 1/2 hours of inconsistency and no substance :(
10pm .. kids bedtime
10pm - until... me time if I'm not exhausted.

I'm interested to know what other people are doing in those time slots I have no set routine. Thanks!

Replies

• livesinpjs
    livesinpjs Posts: 27 Member
    6:45am - Get up and get ready for work
    7:45am - Climb 3 flights of stairs to the office
    4:15pm - Go back down the 3 flights of stairs
    4:45pm - Pick up daughter from school
    5:00 pm - Walk the dog then have a snack
    6:00 pm - Go on a 2 mile bike ride with my daughter
    House chores and misc the rest of the night

That's been my routine this week. I am sure its subject to change soon, as I get bored with routine easily.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    7am: wake up/shower
    8am: drink my daily iced coffee while answering e-mails (I have an online business)
    9am: breakfast
    10am-1pm: work on online orders/trip to post office
    1pm: lunch
    2pm: walk outside or ride stationary bike for an hour (depending on weather)
    3:30pm: kids home from school
    5-6pm: dinner
    7pm: relax/TV
    9pm: bed (usually go on iPad for a while in bed)
    10-11pm: lights out
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    5:15-5:30 AM: Wake up, get dressed, walk the dogs.
    6:00-6:30: Read the news, catch up on social media
    6:30-7:30: Run, resistance training
    7:30-8:30: Shower, breakfast, commute to work (walk or bus)
    8:30-11:00: Work
    11-11:45: Quick walk, eat lunch
    11:45-4:30 PM: Work
    4:30-5:00: Go home, maybe do quick shopping for dinner
    5:00-7:00: Talk to husband, watch news, clean house, walk dogs again, read, do any work projects that need attention
    7:00-8:00: Prepare and eat dinner
    8:00-9:00: Organize things for next day, read
    9:30-10:00: Go to bed
  • TVDMD
    TVDMD Posts: 50 Member
    livesinpjs wrote: »
    6:45am - Get up and get ready for work
    7:45am - Climb 3 flights of stairs to the office
    4:15pm - Go back down the 3 flights of stairs
    4:45pm - Pick up daughter from school
    5:00 pm - Walk the dog then have a snack
    6:00 pm - Go on a 2 mile bike ride with my daughter
    House chores and misc the rest of the night

That's been my routine this week. I am sure its subject to change soon, as I get bored with routine easily.

That's exactly my problem, I get very bored very easily. I like the fact you go on a bike ride with your daughter though.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2017
    5:30 wake up, shower & dress, eat breakfast, get kids' meals ready
    6:30-7:30 kids up, feed them and make lunches, make my lunch
    7:30-8:30 drop kids off at daycare, drive like a madwoman to work
    8:30-5 at work, I try to walk 45 minutes at lunch
    5-6 break all sorts of traffic laws driving to pick up kids and get home
    6:30-7 try to get something on the table to eat, even if it's fast-food
    7-8:30 clean up from dinner, help my 7 year old w/ reading (he's autistic), help daughter study, do laundry, etc
    8:30-9 get kids into bed
    9-9:30 finish up some chores/laudry, catch up on work emails, etc
    10-11:30 go to the gym and (no lie) do grocery shopping, plan for the next day
    11:30-12 read
    12-5:30 sleep

So, I don't get a lot of sleep and I spend almost no time w/ my husband.
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    5:45 AM: Wake up, shower and get ready for work
    6:30 AM: Wake toddler (though he's usually awake) and get him dressed/fed
    7:00 AM: Commute to work
    8:00 AM-1:00 PM: Work
    1:00 PM-2:00 PM: 1.5 mile walk and then eat lunch
    2:00 PM-4:30 PM: Work
    4:30 PM-5:20ish PM: Commute home
    5:30 PM: Hang out with toddler/husband/cook dinner
    6:00 PM: Dinner, dishes, other household chores
    7:00-8:00 PM: Game time with toddler/TV
    8:00 PM: Toddler bed
    8:30 PM (or 9:00 PM): Exercise
    9:30 PM: Shower and prep lunches for next day
    10:00 PM: Bed
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I am so impressed by all of you that get to bed at 10!!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    5:15am - get up and workout
    6:30-7:30am - get ready for work and make sure little man is ready for school
    7:30-8am - kid drop off and start work
    8-5pm - work (with a 1 hour lunch break where I either go home and make a nice lunch or run errands)
    5-5:30 leave work and pick up munchkin
    5:30 help with homework, pick up house/laundry/empty dishwasher, cook dinner
    7-7:30 dinner and clean up
    7:30-8:30 - family time (games, TV, general stuff)
    8:30-10pm - next day food prep, time with hubs, watch hockey
    10pm - time for sleep

schedule is very different on weekends
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    6:00am - First alarm, catch up on social media
    6:30am - Out of bed, get ready to leave for the gym
    7:00am -8:15am Workout
    8:20am - Shower, get ready for class
    9:00am -2:00pm class, lunch
    2:00pm -4:30pm Homework/browse internet
    4:45-8:30pm Work (Kitchen job, on my feet a lot, mopping, sweeping)
    8:45pm - Dinner
    9:30pm - Bed

Can't wait for this to change once I move. I will start working out right after I'm done with work from 9-3!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    7am- Get up / see oldest child off to school
    7:15-8:30am - Shower, get myself ready for work, and get 2 younger kids ready for school
    8:40- Drop younger kids off at school
    8:45-4:45- work, commute
    4:45-8:00- run an errand if needed, cook dinner, dishes, maybe do a load of laundry, catch up with my kids and fiance
    8:00- All kids to bed
    8pm- 9:30ish- relax, watch t.v.
    9:30ish- Lights out

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    7:30am - get up and ready for work
    8:30-5pm - work at desk job
    5:30-6pm - work out in apartment gym on stationary bike
    6pm-7pm - hang out at the pool
    7:15pm take shower
    7:30pm - make and eat dinner
    8pm - hang out with husband, household chores, surf internet, watch tv, etc
    10pm is usually bedtime depending on the day

Weekends consist of getting up usually by 8am Saturday morning, showering, figuring out which beach to hit, bring lunch, hang out on beach while husband fishes, go home, have dinner, repeat on Sunday!
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    My kids do an online school program, through a local public school district, and every day is different. What my schedule looks like today-

up at 6:30: get dressed, online time +coffee
    7:30: out the door and get oldest dd dropped off to orchestra practice
    8 to 8:45: sit in my car reading while 2 younger kids play at a park
    8:45: pick up dd from orchestra, head to a different park and sit in van reading some more while all 3 kids chase ducks around lol
    10: orthodontist appointments for 2 kids
    11: stop at the in-laws and take care of their chickens for them
    11:45: home and meal #1 (2 slices sprouted grains bread, toasted, with a fried egg, triangle of light cheese spread, bacon pieces and tomato, served with Harvest Snaps snapea crisps)
    Noon-now: finished book, check in MFP and next up- doing weekly budget stuff
    1pm: change focus and work with kids and their schooling until 4pm (second cup of coffee during this time)
    4-6ish: prep family's supper/housework/family eats
    6ish: eat meal #2 (salmon, sauteed mushrooms, asparagus and a large salad)
    6:30: help husband with our house renovation project
    10pm: lights out, early morning tomorrow chaperoning a field trip
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2017
    I am so impressed by all of you that get to bed at 10!!

I've found it's virtually essential for me if I'm going to exercise before work. I'm not built for prolonged sleep deprivation. Plus, I don't have kids . . . so I have that going for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I get up every morning around 5:45 to walk the dog. She's old, so it's usually only about 1/2 - 1 mile depending on how she's feeling.

From there, every day is different. My wife and I are both into fitness, so we share and trade off a lot of home economic stuff.

Monday is the easiest because other than walking my dog, it's a rest day...if I'm so inclined and things are going smoothly on the home front I might go for an easy 30 minute ride when I get home from work. I'm on dinner duty on Monday though.

Tuesdays are busy but it's one of two days that I don't have a commute so I'm in charge of taking the kids to school and picking them up. Since I work close to home (about 10 minutes) on Tuesdays, I go home at lunch and do a quick 30 minute sprint interval session on my bike. I pick up the boys from school and take them to their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class; I have my BJJ class right after their class so my wife comes to pick them up and take them home. Wife is on dinner duty on Tuesdays.

Wednesday is my dog's rest day so instead of walking her I go for a 12 mile ride...it takes me 40-45 minutes depending on my tempo. I have a 1 hour each way commute on Wednesday so I arranged with my employer to work through lunch so I can leave at 4 and head to the gym to lift. I get home just after 6 usually from the gym...kids have already been fed and whatnot, so I play with them a little and then get dinner going for my wife and I.

Thursday I have the same arrangement with my employer to work through lunch and leave at 4...this gets me home around 5 and I go ride my 12 miles. I'm on dinner duty. I walk the dog in the AM.

Friday I check to see if my dog is up for a walk...if she is, we walk...if not, I go ride 12 miles. I have no commute on Friday and the office is close to my gym so I go lift at lunch. I pick the kids up from school and we usually swing by our favorite local pizzeria to pick up some pizza. If I didn't get my ride in the morning, I usually take it when I get home.

Saturday - Get some coffee and take the dog out...take kids to BJJ...my BJJ class is right after there's. We usually go do something fun as a family in the afternoon...little family bike ride, hike in the mountains, rock climbing gym, go to the park, etc.

Sunday - 20-30 mile ride sometime mid morning usually. Usually chore day around the house and yard.

This is something that is ever evolving...things happen and I have to be flexible...sometimes I don't get it all in but most of the time I do, even if that means I just have to re-arrange some of my timing on things.

It would seem that you have some time between 7:30 and 10:00 to get some fitness in...it doesn't have to be crazy...just do something for 30-60 minutes.

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    6:00 AM - Wake up, shower, take dog out for a little while, get lunch together
    7:15AM- 5:00PM - commute and work
    5:00-6:00PM (or 7:00PM) - do whatever workout I have planned for the day (lift weights or 9Rounds or walk at the park)
    Walk the dog when I get home (unless I went to the park, then he goes with me)
    7:00PM - prep and eat dinner
    7:30-8:30PM - laundry, clean, TV on listening to whatever is on
    8:30-9:30PM - lay on the couch, internet, watch TV, see of there is anything on the DVR I want to watch
    9:30PM - walk the dog again, not as long though
    10:00PM - figure out what I am wearing the next day and pack my gym bag with clothes

next day repeat, unless I decide I want to swim, then I have to be out of bed at 4:50AM. Then I have more time to lay on the couch at night, or go to dinner with friends, or a movie or a sporting event or whatever.

It's pretty easy for me with no kids.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    I pretty much only workout after the kids go to bed (between 8 and 9, my kids are 4 and 1). I usually stay up til midnight for my "me time" and that's also study time during the school year because I'm a part time college student (I also work part time) Sometimes I manage to after dinner time if my husband can wrangle the kids by himself for a little while (he always tries, its not that he's not willing, but my 1 year old is extremely attached to me, and if I'm in the house pretty much wants to cling to me and only me).
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    I have three kids and work full-time (so does my husband.) My schedule is crazy and varies, depending on whether I'm working from home or the office or traveling.

My tomorrow looks like this:
    5 am alarm
    5:30 spin class
    6:30-7:00 shower and eat breakfast
    7-7:30 get kids ready for school
    7:30-8 am drop them off
    8 am-5 pm work from home
    7 pm-Going out to dinner with kids & my mom, who is visiting
    10 pm-bed

Food wise, I eat breakfast at 6:30, a snack at 9:30, lunch at 12 (at my desk), sometimes have a snack around 2-3 pm, and dinner at 6 pm

On most weeknights I also have to deal with packing lunches and helping with homework...TGIF!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    3:00 AM - Morning calisthenics (Jumping jacks / high knees / squats / push ups / abs)
    Put my breakfast/lunch/snack together for work. Wake up dog and take him out, play with him, feed him, cuddle him for a few minutes.
    4:30 AM - Shower
    6:00 AM - On train heading to work
    6:30 AM - At work and heading down to the fitness center
    6:45 - 8:00 AM - Lift HEAVY - body part depends upon the day of the week
    8:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Work
    11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Back to fitness center for 30 minutes of sprint intervals or other HIIT cardio. Additional core work, calves, back and if I have time any other part I want to work on like Glutes or Hams or Bi's/Tri's.
    12:30 PM - 3:00 PM - Eat lunch, work, grab black coffee, work, work, work
    3:00-4:30 PM - Commute home
    4:30 - Whenever - Get dinner plated for me and my husband, feed my dog, play with him, hang out with him, chug some amino's.
    Depending upon the night of the week I have Dance on Monday nights, Muay Thai on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.
    Friday I work from home and follow the same schedule only going to my own gyms and instead of commuting to the city I take a Thai Bow class early morning and do my lifting in the afternoon.