Halo Top, where have you been all this time?

Sooooo, I just discovered this magical treat. Commence happy dance...

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    It's been there. Where you been?
  • Annemarie101
    Annemarie101 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2017
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    It's been there. Where you been?

I have no idea. I usually avoid the ice cream section. I learned about it on here. :)
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Thanks for posting about this ice cream. I've looked it up and can't wait to try it.
  • mfpanyko
    mfpanyko Posts: 21 Member
    Now I want some...
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Dont get it in the UK :(
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Walmart in maine is finaly carrying it. couldn't find it in the state before. 8 flavors but ill take it.
  • Annemarie101

That stinks. It's really good and only 60 calories per half cup.
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    LMAO I expected to be reading about a bra :D
  • BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Halo Top is awesome! Just had the birthday cake flavor (my favorite). Arctic Zero is another brand. Their "higher" calorie ones (75 per serving) are good and Walmart carries them! Try Chocolate Cherry Chunk or Brownie Blast!
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    There's one called Enlightened (I think that's the name or something similar ) that's good and low cal. I had the choc chip cookie dough and it was really good!
  • Annemarie101
    LMAO I expected to be reading about a bra :D

A missed marketing opportunity! :p
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Can't get it here in Canada either :(.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member

Not all flavors are the same cals...I had peanut butter cup last night which is slightly higher and totally worth it.

• Annemarie101
    SCoil123 wrote: »

Not all flavors are the same cals...I had peanut butter cup last night which is slightly higher and totally worth it.

I only bought the lower cal ones this time, they were pretty good and rich tasting.

Of course, I immediately opened each one and tried them. :smiley:
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    I too just discovered halo top!
    It's definitely nice to be able to have some ice cream without completely destroying your macros for the day.

Just curious do all of the flavors have that somewhat "snowy" texture, or just the one I tried?
    By "snowy" I mean gets almost kind of powdery, instead of creamy like you'd expect from ice cream.
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    medic2038 wrote: »
    It's definitely nice to be able to have some ice cream without completely destroying your macros for the day.

Just curious do all of the flavors have that somewhat "snowy" texture, or just the one I tried?
    By "snowy" I mean gets almost kind of powdery, instead of creamy like you'd expect from ice cream.

They all do. I don't buy it anymore, I prefer real ice cream. When I did try all of them though I would let it sit out and melt a little bit before eating it and then it had more of a ice cream texture to me!
  • ninjamere1
    ninjamere1 Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2017

Definitely let it sit out for a few minutes and it changes to creamy ice cream. They have a note about it on the carton with some explanation :)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member

ninjamere1 wrote: »

Definitely let it sit out for a few minutes and it changes to creamy ice cream. They have a note about it on the carton with some explanation :)

^This definitely. As they said, the container has a big paragraph on the back that starts with "Let's not rush this. It's worth the wait." with a big spiel about freezing harder and to let it set out on the counter for a few minutes. It's not made to be eaten instantly from the freezer.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I have only just noticed it our stores in the past month, but I have yet to try it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member

They all do. I don't buy it anymore, I prefer real ice cream. When I did try all of them though I would let it sit out and melt a little bit before eating it and then it had more of a ice cream texture to me!

That's why they are called instructions. Just saying.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2017
    I LOVE halo top. I've read lots about people letting it sit out before eating but I've never had to do that, always tastes/feels like real ice cream to me right out of the freezer. My least favorite is the birthday cake, that one has a chemical-y flavor to me and yucky. I love peanut butter cup, red velvet, mocha.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member

I don't find that they're all like that. It's different from flavor to flavor for me so far. I haven't gotten the same flavor twice so I have no control sample. Sometimes lousy ice cream texture can be can be a storage thing.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2017

Wondering if this new Alpro ice cream will work for us Halo Top-deprived Brits? 166Kcal for 100g, no idea how that translates in cup measures to compare to this Halo Top. (Who ever thought cups were a good thing for measuring, America? ;) ) Think I'd prefer frozen and blended banana but when we eventually get a summer, I'll try one tub of the Alpro

https://www.alpro.com/uk/products/ice-cream
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I take the tub out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before i eat it, doing this also prevents 'spoon bending' while trying to scoop it out.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    It's on sale by me right now and oh boy has it been great this week. I'm fighting a wicked cold, and being able to eat a pint of ice cream in one go without the "ugh, so many calories" feeling is great!

So far, I like chocolate and peanut butter cup best. I've also had birthday cake and mint chip - both were good, but they're better paired up with something else.

I just have s'mores left to try, and then I can go stock up on my favorites!

~Lyssa
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    It's on sale by me right now and oh boy has it been great this week. I'm fighting a wicked cold, and being able to eat a pint of ice cream in one go without the "ugh, so many calories" feeling is great!

So far, I like chocolate and peanut butter cup best. I've also had birthday cake and mint chip - both were good, but they're better paired up with something else.

~Lyssa

Try the Oatmeal Cookie and Chocolate Almond Crunch. Two of my favorites.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa

Try the Oatmeal Cookie and Chocolate Almond Crunch. Two of my favorites.

Ooh I think I have the oatmeal cookie...and I'll pick up the almond crunch one! Guess I'm going grocery shopping again on Monday.

~Lyssa
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sooooo, I just discovered this magical treat. Commence happy dance...

Check out Englightened too. They're even better, but I like Halo Top too. :) I just tried Enlightened for the first time today... Fudge Brownie - so good! (400 cal per pint 28g protein) https://www.eatenlightened.com/collections/ice-cream-pints
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member

Do you get Enlightened? https://www.eatenlightened.com/collections/ice-cream-pints
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    It's soooo good. The peanut butter cup flavor is my favorite so far