Walden farms 0 calories??

How is this even possible... I was lookingaround the grocery store and came across walden farms products peanut butter, BBQ sauces, ranches, syrups all were 0 calories on the nutrition! Has anyone ever bought these items before?? And is this even possible?

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    I use blue cheese salad dressing almost every day. It's not like the other blue cheese dressings, but it's eatable and I don't think it's bad at all.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Most I have tried have been utterly disgusting IMO, with the mayo and the bleu cheese dressing being the worst of the lot. That said, I have heard from several people that the syrups and fruit spreads are much better. These I have not tried. I have found that it is easier and much more satisfying to just allocate calories to real products that are low/fat calorie.

So much this!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    I don't like any of the products I've tried. I haven't tried the PB but I've heard it's horrible.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    I don't like any of the products I've tried. I haven't tried the PB but I've heard it's horrible.

FYI - no need to try Walden peanut butter......there are low cal substitutes made from actual peanuts. Look for PB2 or PB Fit.

The only Walden product I've seen (uniformly) good reviews on are the syrups - maple or chocolate. I've not tried them though.
  • gmartina85
    gmartina85 Posts: 1 Member
    Pancake Syrup was terrible Chocolate Syrup was decent.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    I find the strawberry jam and apple butter jam pretty good as well as the pancake syrup. Other than that all the other products I can't really stand.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I would say 99% of these are just plain disgusting. Especially the ketchup, ranch, and other "savory" type options.

I do use something similar from bodylab, but essentially the fake maple syrup, blueberry syrup, and raspberry syrup i use on skyr with berries or on french toast though.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I can stomach the chocolate syrup on occasion. I am 100% friends off with the pancake syrup after it made me puke on my last long run. Honestly Walden Farms is something I avoid in general :/
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    The products they offer are definitely hit or miss. I like some (fruit spreads, pancake syrup, maple walnut syrup, ginger sesame dressing which I use on meat not on salad, white pear balsamic dressing, super fruit balsamic dressing, etc.) and hate others (ketchup, cocktail sauce, thousand island, honey mustard, marshmallow dip).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    There are a couple of their products in my refrigerator (my dad is diabetic) but I refuse to touch them
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I dont mind the chocolate and pancake syrups, and the coffee creamers, but i wont touch the salad dressings again. I'll stick with bolthouse. None of the other stuff is available around here that ive seen.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    The salad dressings don't coat the salad. They need oil for that. So, the veggies don't absorb much flavor and the dressing pretty much collects at the bottom of the bowl/plate.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    The pancake syrup is the only one that reminds me of the real thing. The coffee creamer is just wrong. I do use the ranch dressings on occasion.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    I've tried a lot of their products - the jams are not the right consistency and taste too fake for me. The marshmallow fluff can be useful depending on what it's being paired with on occasion, but the consistency is a little funky. The peanut butter was very disappointing - took one bite and threw out the container. The chocolate and caramel syrups are decent - good consistency and pack a pretty good taste when mixed with other ingredients. I haven't tried all their salad dressings, but I found the Italian and Honey Dijon to be very strong - would taste okay if they weren't so overpowering in flavor; Super Fruit Balsamic is the best product they have in my opinion. Their mayo can be useful in certain situations - I add mine to tuna fish since the tuna is such a strong flavor. Think that about sums up almost everything - only product I haven't tried is their caramel dip. Hope that helps!