How much caffeine do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    About the only caffiene I consume is a glass or 2 of diet soda with a resturant noon meal on weekends
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 mugs right after waking up, pre-gym, and 1-2 additional mugs post gym. I :heart: coffee.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I drink around 10 black tea a day and then take caffeine pills before long runs.

I drink strong Assam (black) tea every day. If I drink room much, I feel sick!
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can drink up to 5 cups of coffee a day!! Trying to decrease amount of coffee because too much cream and sugar.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee. The smell makes me nauseated. The taste is even worse, for me. I do drink tea though. I drink enough tea, that if it were wine, I would have a problem (about 2 litres per day). It keeps me awake, doesn't stop me from sleeping, and I rarely add sugar or cream to it, so it doesn't effect my calorie intake.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I drink about 16-20 oz of coffee with breakfast and another 16-20 oz around lunchtime.
    I'll occasionally drink a diet soda, iced tea, etc., but not that often anymore.
    I'm not sure if/how it affected my weight loss or hunger, but I love my coffee.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    16oz of coffee a day. 200mg caffeine pill as a preworkout...sometimes I wash it down with 12oz of Red Bull if it's a particularly sluggish day.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have one cup of green tea per day, no soda no coffee. I never got addicted to caffeine, so it really affects me and makes me feel weird.

Caffeine can be good for us - coffee and tea are the biggest source of antioxidants in the American diet. But the good effects can be lessened if people are putting too much cream and sugar in, or if you are consuming more than is recommended for adults. Here's a good article from the Mayo Clinic on how much is too much (generally), and whether a person should cut back in certain circumstances.

• mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    At least one 32oz mug of coffee every day.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Most days - one cup of coffee, one cup of green tea, and one 12 oz can of diet soda. Weekends I often have two cups of coffee (or more) and no green tea, but still one (two, if my wife and I go out to eat) diet sodas.

eta: Hasn't had any effect on my weight management. While it used to keep me up, if I had caffeine in the late afternoon or evening, that hasn't been true in about 10-15 years. The only jitters or other ill effect I've had was back when I had cut out caffeine for a couple of weeks (trying to desensitize myself before my last meet), then consumed a lot right from the get-go. Went away the next day.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Sorry, why do •people* advise me to cut back??

Maybe because "people" give a *kitten* about your health? 400 mg of caffiene a day is the recommended safe amount for healthy adults.

Moderate caffeine consumption is considered to be in the range of 300-400 milligrams per day (mg/day), or about three to four 8-ounce cups of home-brewed coffee per day. According to FDA, the European Food Safety Authority, and Health Canada, caffeine consumption of up to 400 mg daily is not associated with adverse health effects in the general healthy population of adults.

Complete article: http://www.foodinsight.org/everything-about-caffeine-science-amount-safety

Just in the news today the coroner determined this 16 year old died from caffeine overdose:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/16/coroner-south-carolina-teen-died-too-much-caffeine/101739718/

From the article:
    The official cause of death for Davis Allen Cripe was a “caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia,” said Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. It was the result of the teen ingesting the caffeine from a large Diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonald’s and an energy drink over the course of about two hours

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I don't drink caffeine

I'm sorry, I don't understand? :no_mouth:

My intake caffeine is 0.0 mg per day. Unless I eat chocolate I guess.

yeah, i was being facetious. lol. i am very reliant on and love my daily coffee habit.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much caffeine. 1 cup of green or black tea a day usually. I don't think affects my weight much one way or the other.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    About a pot of coffee, + 1-3 diet cokes.

eta: I do think caffeinne suppresses my appetite somewhat. But that's not really why I consume it.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Probably 24-30oz... not sure how much my cups hold lol
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of coffee personally. My Mom has always told me I would eventually acquire a taste for it but that has yet to happen to me so far. I do, however, like caffeine, which I have quite frequently in the form of sugar and calorie free options like diet soda and energy drinks.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Typically, 12-16 oz of dark roast coffee. On the occasion a tall flat white with almond milk (12 oz).