Salads

Options
13»

Replies

• SarahBelle43
    SarahBelle43 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One big help to me has been keeping flavored tuna (in a pouch) at my desk for emergency salads! I like Spicy Thai tuna and Ranch tuna, added to whatever lettuce and vegetables I can find. It almost doesn't need dressing because it's full of flavor already.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I get a bag of 50/50 spring mix and baby spinach and cherry tomatoes as my base. I add a sprinkle of different cheeses, something crunchy and random dressing.. today is tortilla strips, chicken breast, bolthouse ranch and some salsa...mexican cheese blend.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I believe this dressing is both amazing in the taste department and pretty good for you, if you use fairly quality olive oil.

1/2 C Olive oil
    2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 garlic clove, crushed (or minced)
    fresh herbs (I prefer thyme)
    Dijon mustard, 1 tsp
    Brown sugar, 2-3 pinches (go more or less depending on your sugar preference)

I throw that on most of my salads, including my wife's amazing beet / kale salad (roasted beets, kale, spring mix, dried blueberries and/or cranberries, quinoa, goat cheese).

I also like to make "man salads," which usually have grilled steak or chicken breast, bacon, bleu cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and spring mix.

Those are my go-to salads for the week. When I eat salad, I am not afraid of eating a lot of fat and/or protein.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm eating hot dog salad tonight. 3rd night in a row!
  • Karmadolph
    Karmadolph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    d7x4lpgsxslf.jpg
    Grilled chicken breast on baby kale and spinach topped with dried cranberries, feta cheese, praline pecans and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. 395 Calories.

• pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I LOVE SALADS.

My favorite salad of the moment:

3-4 cups of arugula
    1-1.5 oz prosciutto
    1 heaping tbsp olive oil
    1 just under tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 small/medium-sized apple, sliced or chopped
    1 tbsp burrata cheese
    salt
    pepper

Top that ish with sliced almonds and you are in BIZ-NASS.

SO. EFFING. GOOD.

Literal image of me enjoying this salad:
    4mop4ew2mxa4.jpg