I have a big problem and i am sure i will be laughed at!

I watched Extreme Makeover weight loss edition and saw that Chris made that girl that was 445lbs do 20 drops to the floor and lift her weight back up. I decided hey i can do it also weighing 351 pounds only i did it on hard carpet. Well i realized half way through my left leg was getting sort of numb but i fought through it. I sat and watched the end of the show and now i can barely walk.. when i walk my knees are wobbling like they are gonna give out and i will fall. It's hard to bare any weight on my legs while walking without feeling like they will give out. What the heck did i do? Yikes!

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    You probably pinched a nerve. Too much impact for you at the time. Give it some time and it will be OK.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    I have no idea but I don't laugh at pain (unless cause it ;);) jk) I think you should maybe call a doc in the am?
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    I don't think anyone's going to laugh at you!!! I'm not a doctor but it sounds like you've pushed your muscles to "muscle failure", a term used in the army to describe the feeling in your muscles when you just can't do ANY MORE!!! If the feeling persists then you should probably call your doctor!
  • Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!!

Chin up mate, and get back on it!!
  • Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!!

• dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    I don't think anyone will laugh about this. If I were you and the pain persists for a few days or becomes unbearable I would call your doctor...Good luck...
  • Hmmm ... NOT FUNNY AT ALL.
    The best advice I can give you is to call your doctor as soon as possible.
    You don't want the situation to worsen, so better act on it.
    Good luck!
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    have you been exercising as of late?

If not, it's probably just because it was strenuous and you worked muscled you haven't in a while. Also, it could be a result of not warming up prior to doing it.

As long as you aren't numb and it's just a wobbly feeling, I'm sure you'll be fine. It might last a few days, too.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!!

exactly what I was thinking!!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    My goodness hun, you should be kinder to yourself! Yes, you probably pinched a nerve ... Next time you get the urge to watch these crazy people on tv do insane things in the name of weight loss, go take your babies for a walk. In the meantime, rest and if the pain persists, you might want to see a dr. Take care.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    I don't think anyone will laugh about this. If I were you and the pain persists for a few days or becomes unbearable I would call your doctor...Good luck...

I am not having any pain just wobbling and having a hard time bearing weight on both legs without feeling like i am going to fall over. uhg
  • sicklittle
    sicklittle Posts: 21
    When I started exercising again, my first workout (30 Day shred) was HORRIBLE. My feet were falling asleep, tingling, sore, I could barely sit down to use the restroom or get back up because my legs hurt so so bad. I kept at my workouts every day and it gets better. Don't let that discourage you, it will get better. If it truly doesn't get better though after awhile, then I would call the doctor.

I watched that show as well and I wish I had did what you did. Instead I had a low-cal snack and made my hubby snuggle with me haha
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    "muscle failure", a term used in the army to describe the feeling in your muscles when you just can't do ANY MORE!!!

I personally love that feeling, lets me know good things are coming :)
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    ...sounds like you've pushed your muscles to "muscle failure", a term used in the army to describe the feeling in your muscles when you just can't do ANY MORE!!!

I'm in agreement with the comment above ~ I did that once doing squats with weights. I pushed myself too far and could barely walk up the gym steps when I was done and then was VERY sore for the next few days ~ but it passed. Just relax and maybe do some easy stretching starting tomorrow - Ibuprofen and muscle cream will help too. Hope your feeling a little less wobbly real soon. :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    at the very least, I'd ice & rest it. take a hot soak & do some other exercise. if it's not better in a day or so, call the dr. Should ALWAYS warm up your muscles first, even just for walking or stairs
    drink lots of water, eat high protein
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Warmup muscles, stretch, exercise, cool down, stretch. Do these things in this order to prevent injuries. Be careful to listen to your body and only push to your limit. Know your limits. Good luck.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Sounds like muscle exhaustion. Take it easy, massage them or a warm bath if you think you need it, and see how you feel in the morning. You'll probably be fine, but if it hurts don't be afraid to go to a doctor. Note- if you do feel okay be on the lookout for DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness) to start up later in the day or maybe even the day after. It's a stretchy ache-not pain-that you get when you start using muscles more or in a different way. But it should be achy, not painful.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!!

I have the same t-shirt. Sempre Fi!!! But yes, you will have lots of pain through this journey. Fight through it. It's wobbly today, wait until tomorrow. Whoooooooweeeeee! But He/She who endures, conquers! -Perseus-
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    You probably pinched a nerve. Too much impact for you at the time. Give it some time and it will be OK.

This is exactly what I was going to say!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Yeah i guess they should have a disclaimer
    "Do not attempt at home without a trainer nearby" LOL i feel like such a dummy for trying this i got through the 20 of them but i am paying for it now......