Hair weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• gal_amy
    Options
    Honestly.. has anyone that's laughed about this ever had thick, long hair up in a pony tail?

It has to be 2 pounds, possibly more. Hold a butt length thick braid in your hand away from your body for 5mins.

:happy: I have to agree with you on that one. I would always get a headache when I pulled my long hair up.

[b}~~~~Amy~~~~
  • gal_amy
    Options
    I'm getting shorter and losing my hair - so can I expect my BMI stay the same?

LOL

~~~Amy~~~
  • marshalla348
    marshalla348 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just love how people are supportive!!!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I had 18 inches of fine, straight hair cut off once. I weighed the lot afterwards, because I was curious, and it came to 125g.

I hope this helps.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh hell if we can do this im going to say my hair weighs 15 pounds. its halfway down my back. i mean, surely i can deduct that, right? like a tax loophole?

LOLOLOLOLOOL
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    How do people find these ancient posts?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It would depend on a lot of things. My hair's pretty thin while I have a friend whose hair is really thick. She can't wear hers long because the weight gives her headaches. Mine is super light and it's down past my waist. Also, I doubt it's enough to really worry about. If you're this ridiculous about weight loss, you probably aren't going to have much success long-term.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Honestly.. has anyone that's laughed about this ever had thick, long hair up in a pony tail?

It has to be 2 pounds, possibly more. Hold a butt length thick braid in your hand away from your body for 5mins.

There is no way it's 2 pounds. Sorry, but no.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i did a weight loss challenge once, and one of my guy friends told me to shave.... I think he was joking about... you know..
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    People who don't think hair weighs anything have never had extremely thick long hair.

OP, I've been there, I know cutting even a little bit of thick hair feels like a big difference, and when I chopped off a truly huge amount of hair I felt so light I thought I would float away.

But really, although it feels like a huge difference, it isn't much of one in the grand scheme of things. Yes, the difference will probably show on the scale, but unless you weighed the hair that you cut off, there's no good way of knowing.

I wouldn't worry about it. Normal human bodyweight fluctuates by more than a haircut's worth--even a big one--from day to day, anyway. That's good news! It means you get to count your haircut as valid weight loss!

EDIT: But to be fair, I do make sure I'm not wearing jewelry, glasses, or even a hair tie when I weigh myself, so I count ANY KIND of weight loss as a win, even if it's not really bodyweight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This could be the oddest zombie thread yet
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    whoaaa I didn't even notice how old this was. Whoops.

OP could have six feet of hair by now! Wonder how much it weighs!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    This could be the oddest zombie thread yet

I dunno, the one about burning calories crocheting was pretty darn odd :neutral:
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    great thread lol 11/10
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I wonder if I'm not losing scale weight because my losses are being hidden by hair growth....

dem hair gains tho
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Wonder if shaving legs helps also
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    True life but I worked with a girl whose hair was so heavy she could not wear it up without her neck hurting. Pulled into a pony tail it was probably 3-3.5 inches diameter. Beautiful hair. I also went to school with a Native American who never cut her hair her whole life until she joined the Air Force. It was longer than she was tall and I believe she said when she it cut it weighed about 4.5 lbs. also very thick though. If my hair were it's weight in weed you could probably get pulled over and not go to jail in most states lol!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    talk about majoring in minors...

stupid zombie threads...