Food that made your diet much easier

Options

Replies

• KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    egg whites, low fat cheese, low fat ice cream, english muffins, jam, PB2, italian ice, low fat cottage cheese, jello, etc. To sum it up, low fiber and low fat foods. Easy on my digestive system.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wrong thread.
  • Amy_QueenInTraining
    Amy_QueenInTraining Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bananas and bran flakes. Coffee flavored protein shakes. Green beans. Almonds. Walnuts. Eggs. Flax seed bread. Peanut butter. Milk. Skinless chicken. Apples. Pineapple. V8. Juicing. Spinach leaves.
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started using oats flour instead of all purpose flour and rice flour for lots of recipes. Now I have oats waffles and pancakes, I even substitute them in indian dishes like idle and dosa.
  • _tannyw
    _tannyw Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bagels instead of bread! you dont really need an entire bagel to feel full, but eating only one slice of bread in a sandwich feels very lackluster
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    SarahFromWalthamForest Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Montezuma's absolute black 100% cocoa dark chocolate, Lindt excellence 90% cocoa chocolate, mushrooms and green olives.
  • sydneyrester
    sydneyrester Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Halo Top ice cream. It's low calorie and carb and freaking delish
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Shelled pistachios, they take time to eat and satisfy crunchy, salty cravings. I have a serving of those and a piece of dark chocolate every night. Also, 15-20 cal Popsicles and 40 cal Fudgesicles. Also, if I just need something "junky" Del Taco turkey tacos are my go to. I fully admit my entire strategy is nothing more than calories in/calories out. I have found getting bogged down in a bunch of strict "rules" for dieting doesn't work for me.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want it to. You can't look at this is a diet. diets suck you're constantly miserable and that's why you fail. I lost 80 pounds over an eight month. and I've been maintaining for about eight months.

During both phases I've still had Wendy's hamburger, pizza and beers on the beach if I had to give those things up I could have never done it. As crazy as this sounds losing the weight was the easiest thing I ever did and so is maintaining it. To lose the weight it's just a matter of eating less calories than your body Burns and be consistent.
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Switched my hamburger to turkey. 100% dong regret.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Potatoes! Plain! So filling
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, bran cereal, hard candy, coffee & tea
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Turkey, I realized how much I love turkey sandwiches. And the fact that turkey tacos taste the same as beef, so does chili! So love making those home made. Carrots with vegetable dip. (I mix light sour cream with hidden valley ranch packet seasoning) I meaure out the amount and love it. Also! Edy's slow churned ice cream, the mint chocolate chip is my favorite, but it's 110 for a serving of ice cream, although most times I have two, but it literally doesn't taste any different than regular, just a bit less calories, aka easier to fit into my day.

Other than that, it's not really a food but a strategy, I always try to log something I'm craving before I eat it. Sometimes, I figure it out and it's worth it, but equally as much or probably more I figure out it will take too much out of my day and find something else I want that works better. Basically, sometimes 700 calories of pizza seems worth it, other times it doesn't. Lol
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Avocado!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Strawberries. Thank god it's summer and berries are in season. My love for spinach salads with nothing but strawberries and a little drizzle of homemade balsamic vinegarette knows no limits. I eat a lot of spinach because of the strawberries..more than I would normally.

The tuna in the 70 calorie packets. It's so easy to make a quick tuna salad. I just use a pack, add a tablespoon or so of light olive-oil based mayo (gotta be Dukes), celery and dill. I could eat it every day.

Also, hardboiled eggs. I eat one every day around mid-morning and it keeps me full to lunch. I love eggs.

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. Thank god it's summer and berries are in season. My love for spinach salads with nothing but strawberries and a little drizzle of homemade balsamic vinegarette knows no limits. I eat a lot of spinach because of the strawberries..more than I would normally.

The tuna in the 70 calorie packets. It's so easy to make a quick tuna salad. I just use a pack, add a tablespoon or so of light olive-oil based mayo (gotta be Dukes), celery and dill. I could eat it every day.

Also, hardboiled eggs. I eat one every day around mid-morning and it keeps me full to lunch. I love eggs.

Good point. In the summer I eat these huge bowls of fruit/berries and wind up being full the rest of the night. I love when berries are in season
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

Oh man- I LOVE strawberry and spinach salads, with balsamic vinaigrette and some shredded mozzarella. So good.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    fat bombs. so difficult to add enough fat in otherwise.

what on earth? now I'm curious, what is that? :D
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight on a restricted diet, so foods like avocados, salmon, and evoo are life saviors...and they're delicious!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    fat bombs. so difficult to add enough fat in otherwise.

what on earth? now I'm curious, what is that? :D

You wouldn't want that. It takes a big chunk out of your calories if you're not careful. It's basically pure fat sweetened with artificial sweeteners and some added flavors like peanut butter and the like. They taste like dense sweets and some people use them on a ketogenic diet, but they can be hard to moderate if you end up liking them too much and end up eating the whole 1500 calorie recipe in one day :(