Food that made your diet much easier

Options

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Chobani Simply 100 Crunch bowls as well as the Dannon Light & Fit version in Chocolate Coconut Crunch
    baby bell cheese rounds
    Ezekiel 4:9 bread - especially the Cinnamon Raisin
    Twinnings Ultra Spice Chai tea
    ON 100% Whey Protein Powder in Chocolate Coconut
    Stur Water Enhancer in Coconut Water + Pineapple
    Halo Top
    Fat Bombs
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100 protein yogurts, Fiber One brownies, Halo Top ice cream, Laughing Cow cheese
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    A wide variety of whole foods...
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.

Learning to make chocolate fit in my calories every day has kept me from freaking out and binging because I cut it completely out.

This. While I can't fit it every day, learning and being okay with this also helped me stick to a deficit/diet whatever you want to call it OP
  • Fathater36
    Fathater36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, onion, tomato salad with lemon. Great for summer , cheap, very low in calorie.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    yortem wrote: »
    What was that food item?

It's not really a single food item, but adding more fiber to my diet helped me immensely. That's about the only change I made. Fiber keeps me full longer.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Shirataki noodles. Nom nom nom.

So this! On days when my hunger was insane, these were a lifesaver. 30 calories for the whole bag. I add half a can of tomato sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese. With these ingredients it came to about 200/250 calories.

ETA:I'm also a big proponent of everything in moderation, but when your having one of those days go with shirataki :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Quinoa, because it is so versatile and also gluten-free, which I need for medical reasons. Protein is an added bonus. Also, siracha, because it makes everything taste better.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Prophets pocket's pita breads
    Cauliflower
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Special K sea salt cracker chips. 120 calories, 4g fat, for 28 chips. Half of that is usually enough to satisfy that potato chip craving especially with a sandwich.
  • polvo71
    polvo71 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles.

Definitely this. I do 5/2 fasting and the Shirataki noodles are a life saver. I found a zero calorie one too! You can mix whatever you want and it helps to fill you up. I do sautéed veggies and a fried egg sometimes. Also I love kimchi and sautéed spinach but I know that won't be everyone's cup of tea.
  • polvo71
    polvo71 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't do the quote thing right. I'm a newbie!
  • skybleu329
    skybleu329 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say green veggies, BUTTT the REAL SECRET of me having 6 kids and ALWAYS GOT (and am currently getting back to 97-102lb at hght 4"11 and going up to 202 lb was one very important and still is as I'm losing the last pounds of being 202lb is BETWEEN EVERY MEAL I make crushed ice like snow! It's like I'm eating food or a dessert but it's just ice that tastes like snow in your mouth!
  • rachyfb
    rachyfb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All of them. Yes, that's right - letting myself eat all the foods I like, but in sensible amounts.

I agree with this completely. Cutting yourself short can lead to overeating of those items later on, or undereating which can lead to disorders like ana/orthorexia. Give yourself cake on your birthday, and chocolate on Halloween and you'll do fine
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Shirataki noodles. Nom nom nom.

I tried those and I couldn't get the sauce to stick to the noodles. Got any tips for if I try it again? @polvo71 any tips as well? :smile:
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Halo Top, Diet Coke, shirataki noodles, sugar free ketchup, fun size candy bars, quest bars, and veggies!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    All of them. Yes, that's right - letting myself eat all the foods I like, but in sensible amounts.

I like this.
    yortem wrote: »
    no, but maybe you found out a new healthy item that you never tried before and you started to use it.

or for example, changed your regular bread to another one and you really liked it.

I don't "use" food. I eat it. I also didn't really start eating anything different with my weight loss. I focused on eating plenty of protein and vegetables and mostly whole foods, but I did that before, and I usually don't eat the same thing all the time but more based on mood or season.

That said, I find eggs + vegetables a really easy way to start the day and dairy (low fat, especially cottage cheese and greek yogurt) to be a simple way to add protein, although I'm currently eating mostly full fat. Shrimp is also an easy way to up protein without upping calories, and find smoked salmon an easy thing to have on had (regular salmon too, but that you have to eat more quickly).

Knowing how to make a quick dinner out of whatever is in the refrigerator and knowing how to use up a box of random vegetables without letting them go to waste are probably the two skills I have that were most useful to me in losing weight. That's more important than any specific food.

Hmm. Maybe coffee, since if I want to eat when everyone else is or for a break, coffee is a good substitute and I like it black.