yortem
yortem Posts: 22 Member
What was that food item?

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    What are you asking?
    What helped you stick to your diet and calorie deficit?
    Or just do you mean that you go crazy for, cause you thought you had to cut it out completely to lose weight?
  • yortem
    yortem Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    no, but maybe you found out a new healthy item that you never tried before and you started to use it.
    or for example, changed your regular bread to another one and you really liked it.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Nope
    Just eat the same foods I normally do....just make sure I hit my macro goals.
  • Jadedinosaur
    Jadedinosaur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really like mini pittas. I use whole pittas if I want to fill them, but mini pittas for dipping.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I learned that have greek yogurt around in flavors I liked a lot helped when I was feeling really hungry and wanted something that I could eat without going crazy. I think realizing that (for me) protein really made me feel full helped guide my "on hand" food choices as well. I am also appreciating adding fiber from veggies to help with the fullness feeling- and not just salads. Experimenting with different veggie I like have helped (asparagus, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, etc).
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    veggies
    chicken
    eggs

these are my three staple items to have in the house when trying to lose weight.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I used to love potato chips, which are both fattening and have more carbs than I need as a diabetic. Thinly sliced and salted radishes satisfy my cravings for salt and crunch, and I can use them instead of chips with dips such as hummus.

I also really love Mrs. Renfro's green salsa, which is basically jalapeño purée, in cooking. I hate cutting up jalapeños and I can just toss a little green salsa in for added heat and flavor.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yortem wrote: »
    no, but maybe you found out a new healthy item that you never tried before and you started to use it.
    or for example, changed your regular bread to another one and you really liked it.

I just started putting avocado and pumpkin seeds in my lunch salads and i'm loving it... I stay full a lot longer I suppose because of the fat and fibre. They are quite calorie dense so at first I was a little pissy about it (cause it's *just* a salad lol) but I'm sold now lol
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    fat bombs. so difficult to add enough fat in otherwise.
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, or any type of berry. Low in calories, sweet. Strawberries must be the most "perfect" food!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles. Nom nom nom.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Mio. The more the merrier. For zest and variety.
    Air popped popcorn, wheat puffs, and rice cakes (low calorie to volume ratio).
    Greek yogurt, eggs, and protein powder to keep my protein levels high.
    Diet soda daily.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    yortem wrote: »

While I went through a stage of having no bread, and then a stage of having Dave's Killer Bread, which lasted several months. I'm now consuming my own homemade bread. I make a 1 lb loaf on the weekend and use it daily.

The real fabulous discovery for me in the bread department was Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas. That highly processed industrial product is an amazing source of fiber, Omega-3, and protein for only 50 calories. I have been using it for my breakfast burrito for most of a year now.

The other indispensable food item on my journey is a digital kitchen scale.

Baking my own bread is certainly a biggie. Not just for calories/fiber/etc. - there's something about the commercial loaves that keeps the fat on our body like crazy glue. Now I bake about 80% of what we eat.

I was on coumadin (warfarin) for years. Recently switched to one of the new anticoagulants. Eating green stuff freely now is a great help, seems to have unstuck the bathroom scale gauge from where it had been for a while.

Home cooking in general. Eating out regularly, no matter what, seems to impede dietary progress.