Military Diet??

Options
I've thought about trying the military diet on multiple occasions. Has anyone tried it and does the weight stay off?

Replies

• Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Had to look it up, since I've never heard of it. Looks like a low cal meal plan. The "meals" seem to do okay on veggies/protein, but there really isn't much to it and it doesn't seem like it's adapted to an individuals caloric needs. So basically, you'll be in a calorie deficit for 3 days...and once you're done, unless you adjust your activity/calorie intake level for the long term, you'll likely gain whatever you lost back.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've thought about trying the military diet on multiple occasions. Has anyone tried it and does the weight stay off?

So why haven't you ever done it?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The whole food combination thing is woo. This diet has been around for decades, it keeps getting renamed. It's very low calories 3 days at a time. Nothing special.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's made up -- there's nothing special about the food choices and they are unappealing to me, and I've never been attracted to diets that require a particular menu.

It's low cal, so you lose based on that.
  • BeauTluv
    BeauTluv Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I tired it. Didn't lose the 10lbs or so that some people claim to lose. Longest 3 days of my life (can't even stand the smell of hot dogs) only thing I got out of it was, I actually enjoy cottage cheese.
    Just stick with a calorie deficiency plan. You'll get the same results with eating foods you like.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    BeauTluv wrote: »
    I tired it. Didn't lose the 10lbs or so that some people claim to lose. Longest 3 days of my life (can't even stand the smell of hot dogs) only thing I got out of it was, I actually enjoy cottage cheese.
    Just stick with a calorie deficiency plan. You'll get the same results with eating foods you like.

One of my favorite snacks is cottage cheese and Doritos.

Being at a calorie deficit for three days is going to make you lose water weight. Try eating a at a resonable calorie deficit for a few months and adjust your macros so you don't feel hungry all the time. You don't need some special diet to lose weight you just need to make small sustainable changes over time.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'd lose very much living on MREs. :D

But I do like the chilli mre
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a silly, nonsensical Pintrest diet with no connection to the Military.
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've tried it weight did stay off but I only lost 2lbs on it. The food was terriable. Especially eating tuna alone...without anything was just bad
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree, the tuna is the worst. *shudders* I plan on exchanging that for chicken next time.

I also thought the 2 TBsp of peanut butter was too much for one piece of toast.

Lost 4lb though. I'll see what I weigh on Tuesday (that'll end the week, including the 4 'normal' 1500 calorie days that everyone seems to forget about).
  • meccanaje
    meccanaje Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Y'all to judgmental on this thread!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    makes me shake my head with disbelief as to why someone would want to eat like this and why they keep repeating the same thing over and over. pure insanity I tell you. I cant see starving myself for 3 days just to lose a few lbs that could be mostly water.I think I will stick to eating at a regular deficit and eating the foods I like and losing that way.