Power walking works!! (50lb weight loss)

Options

Replies

• ripsjcollier
    ripsjcollier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go! This def inspires me
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    nice job. thanks for sharing
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look amazing!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Congratulations!
  • jeremywaddell72
    jeremywaddell72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am being completely honest!!! You are a great inspiration!!!!! Congrats and keep up the great work. You have given me hope. Thank you. Jeremy (rapid city SD) :)
  • chantalgal
    chantalgal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fabulous!! You're an inspiration, I also walk as well this gives me hope that I can do it too!! Thanks for sharing your success. :smile:
  • Mel3933
    Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am being completely honest!!! You are a great inspiration!!!!! Congrats and keep up the great work. You have given me hope. Thank you. Jeremy (rapid city SD) :)

Awesome compliment thank you :)
    chantalgal wrote: »
    Wow you look fabulous!! You're an inspiration, I also walk as well this gives me hope that I can do it too!! Thanks for sharing your success. :smile:

Thank you! It truly encourages and motivates me that I've helped others in just sharing my story :)
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mel3933 wrote: »
    BriChisolm wrote: »
    ared10 wrote: »
    unreal transformation! do you mind me asking how many calories you stuck to?

1300 calories a day very healthy foods. And like 3 times a month would have a day I wouldn't count calories and eat more relaxed like wine and pizza

What kind of healthy foods do you eat? I'm starting up my workouts again, and I really want to hit my goal. Do you have any suggestions are what I should eat through the day?

Eggs/egg whites, oatmeal, almond milk, Greek yogurt, tuna, string cheese, baked or grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, steak, shiritaki noodles, turkey ground meat, natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, veggie burgers, quinoa, protein smoothies, nuts, dark chocolate and of course fruits and veggies. These are all different foods I will eat.
    An example for a days menu for me would be
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, and a vanilla Greek yogurt for breakfast
    A tuna salad that is lettuce, tomatoes, onions, feta or Parmesan cheese, can of tuna and a light dressing for lunch
    Baked chicken breasts, avocado, tomatoes, green beans for dinner
    And snacks would be natural peanut butter with sliced bananas on whole wheat bread
    And a small serving of dark chocolate
    I weigh and portion my food servings and I always stayed within my 1300 calories but still had good portions of food bc the healthy stuff tends to have less calories. I grew up eating big portions so I can't be eating little rabbit food servings and be satisfied but if it's the right foods you can still feel like you're eating a lot and stay within your calorie range. Hope this helps :)

Thanks! This is helpful! Your walking post started my walking and exercise a week or so ago. I now go on a daily 90min (4.5mile) walk.

Tonight I didn't feel good/soar throats and I walked to the store and back vs driving. Only about 30mins total but at least j got it in!
  • reidsmommy59
    reidsmommy59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Gives me hope to keep going...all I do is power walk as well and lost 24 lbs so far...
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You look freaking AMAZING...I had 3 babies too and trying to bounce back and now you're my idol <3
  • amrita14sri
    amrita14sri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    U look awesome. . Gr8 job. I agree , power walking does work.
  • Mel3933
    Options
    Jesi1011 wrote: »
    Mel3933 wrote: »
    BriChisolm wrote: »
    ared10 wrote: »
    unreal transformation! do you mind me asking how many calories you stuck to?

1300 calories a day very healthy foods. And like 3 times a month would have a day I wouldn't count calories and eat more relaxed like wine and pizza

What kind of healthy foods do you eat? I'm starting up my workouts again, and I really want to hit my goal. Do you have any suggestions are what I should eat through the day?

Eggs/egg whites, oatmeal, almond milk, Greek yogurt, tuna, string cheese, baked or grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, steak, shiritaki noodles, turkey ground meat, natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, veggie burgers, quinoa, protein smoothies, nuts, dark chocolate and of course fruits and veggies. These are all different foods I will eat.
    An example for a days menu for me would be
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, and a vanilla Greek yogurt for breakfast
    A tuna salad that is lettuce, tomatoes, onions, feta or Parmesan cheese, can of tuna and a light dressing for lunch
    Baked chicken breasts, avocado, tomatoes, green beans for dinner
    And snacks would be natural peanut butter with sliced bananas on whole wheat bread
    And a small serving of dark chocolate
    I weigh and portion my food servings and I always stayed within my 1300 calories but still had good portions of food bc the healthy stuff tends to have less calories. I grew up eating big portions so I can't be eating little rabbit food servings and be satisfied but if it's the right foods you can still feel like you're eating a lot and stay within your calorie range. Hope this helps :)

Thanks! This is helpful! Your walking post started my walking and exercise a week or so ago. I now go on a daily 90min (4.5mile) walk.

Tonight I didn't feel good/soar throats and I walked to the store and back vs driving. Only about 30mins total but at least j got it in!

I'm so glad I helped for you to start walking and 90 min is awesome!! And so is the 30 minutes! We have to know when to push ourselves and when to take it easy so sounds like you're doing great
  • Mel3933
    Options
    You look freaking AMAZING...I had 3 babies too and trying to bounce back and now you're my idol <3

Lol thank you :)
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bravo! So inspiring and so simple! Consistency and accountability is key. Your goal is my goal right now (to lose 50 lbs by New Years Eve). Thank you for sharing!
  • rhps84
    rhps84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love walking also.
  • nicknock01
    nicknock01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look ahhh mazing!
  • jrolls79
    jrolls79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look like a college freshman! I can't believe​you have a 20 year old.
  • Ashley2733
    Ashley2733 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back any of your exercise calories ?
  • deedsedai
    deedsedai Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're a great inspiration, I saw a dietitian and she said pretty much the same, as long as you eat 1300-1400 and be active for about 15-60 minutes a day, then you will see results. If you don't, then they'll have to test me for other medical conditions.

I was doing some workout videos for strength training and was retaining water weight, but I think after walking for two weeks instead of doing strength training, I saw the results from it finally (number wise). It's slow but it's working. It's nice to know that I can walk because I enjoy walking more and its easier to fit in. Seeing your before and after is awesome and I hope to be there soon. I'm at your starting weight and hope to lose as much as you.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You're such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!