Does your SO know your weight?

Options

Replies

• armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The guy that I am seeing knows what I weigh and has since before we even went on a date. I know what he weighs. Mutual interest in fitness, health and maintaining normal healthy weight is part of what created the interest in each other to begin with.
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband knows my weight, infact presently it's few kg more then him. He is fit for his height and age it's me who is over weight.

As someone mentioned above your SO looks at you naked, when I can't hide those elephant thighs and tummy that looks like a pregnant women then why hide those numbers.
    I have always been open about my weight in all relationships and never has it effected the relation. i had met my husband during the time when i was in the upper range.

Just not my husband I tell my weight to my mother as well, it helps be keep accountability ( this is completely a personal choice ).

This way when I loose even 1 kg I proudly discuss about it with the two most imp people of my life. They are helping me in this process of living a better life.
  • commsgirl2016
    commsgirl2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm too embarrassed to tell him! Based on that he is 6ft1 and only 12 stone he probably thinks I'm similar to him and just look bigger because I'm short :-)
    When we met years ago I was around 10/11 stone then so I'm happy he doesn't really notice how much I've put on but then that's probably why I have been a bit too content the last 5/6 years!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    More or less. He probably doesn't care enough for remember. Heck, my friends (even men) know my weight too (we talk about food and diets and fitness, so it came up. I know theirs too!).
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Weight is just a number. That being said I understand it's an insecurity thing and you're definitely not alone. My husband and I know each other's weight since we're in this together regarding weight loss and general health, but that's it.
  • missvyris
    missvyris Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't let her forget it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I recently passed my husband going downhill! For a long time we were neck and neck since I was cooking healthier food and he was eating it too - and being a man was naturally losing weight without any special effort, just to make me crazy :# but I did pass him eventually and left him in my dust! Seriously though, he has been supportive of me at every weight and told me I was beautiful when I'm pretty sure that objectively I looked awful. And right now his attitude towards my stretch marks and loose skin is, "You should be proud of those, they show how far you've come." So yes, he knows my weight.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I don't wake up in the morning and tell him my weight, but he knows it as I've mentioned it before. He's pretty into fitness himself; he could probably tell me my body fat percentage and guess my weight within 5lbs.

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    missvyris wrote: »
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.

He sounds like he's THE one!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    He knows because after each weigh in I have, I usually tell him (he knows I'm working on weight loss). I haven't told other people though, they just see the results.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned it in conversation if the topic arises but I doubt it's information that he has retained. Not a bit deal. I only weigh half a stone less than him which I hate but I don't think he gives two hoots about it all
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Mine probably knows but I don't think I've actually ever told him. He's been to a bunch of medical appointments with me lately so I'm sure I've been asked my weight when he was in the room. Now, whether he remembers it or not is another issue. I think baseball stats may have crowded out that info in his brain.