Does your SO know your weight?

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't know. I'm not hiding it from him and would tell him if he asked but it's not something that comes up.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    missvyris wrote: »
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.
    Sounds like a real winner
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    He does and then harangues me for eating less. Says all I need to do is just move more instead of cutting calories.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    My husband knows. He isn't with me for what the number on the scales says. :) I don't even think he remembers what it is lol. This is my thing anyway.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.

:( how sad
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Yes. We're doing MFP together, and celebrate every new low.

I can imagine, though, that if I weighed more than him, I'd probably want to keep that to myself.
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yep, dh knows what my maintenance range is because I've mentioned it to him.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    He does. He also helps me take my measurements and vice versa.

Yup, mine too.

When I first started my weight loss journey, one of my biggest hopes was to be lighter than him.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Yes, both of my SOs know my weight and I know theirs.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh....yeah, he knows my weight...or a general idea I suppose the last time the number came up. We support each other. However, we don't subscribe to the social beliefs that your weight determines your value. We don't stigmatize a number, so it's never been something that we've had to associate shame or pride in.
  • elphie754
    Options

I know why most have trouble with this statement, but jumping right to telling them the dump them is a bit extreme. They could be comfortable in their body, but obese and their loved one wants them to be more healthy. We don't know the full story. Also-some people enter controlling relationships willingly, not anyone's place to judge.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Yes he knows and I know his. We are working towards being healthier together.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    He knows mine and I know his and none of it really matters to us, just that we're healthy.
  • purpleychick
    purpleychick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine does - we're going through this journey together. I've got the best cheerleader in the world and even when the scale goes up, he's very supportive and helps me work that much harder. I know that he loves me no matter what the number, but know the healthier we are the longer we can love on each other.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I know why most have trouble with this statement, but jumping right to telling them the dump them is a bit extreme. They could be comfortable in their body, but obese and their loved one wants them to be more healthy. We don't know the full story. Also-some people enter controlling relationships willingly, not anyone's place to judge.

There is a difference between entering into a mutually consenting controlling relationship and having your SO call you fat and put you on a diet.

• roxskow
    roxskow Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Sounds like it's time for a new boyfriend!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

Leave him now.
  • elphie754
    Options
    MizMimi111 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

There is a difference between entering into a mutually consenting controlling relationship and having your SO call you fat and put you on a diet.

Again, only part of the story.