Does your SO know your weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes he did when I was heavier than him (most of our 16yr relationship) and he does now, drive him mad announcing every loss, lol!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    I was finishing my food log this morning for last night and looking for an item I asked my bf about. I went to complete the log and got the little page that says "if you ate like this the next x weeks you would weigh ..." And he saw the number. I've never shared my weight with a SO and it's probably because I'm insecure about it. He said it didn't matter and told me his weight which is lower than mine.

Anyway, does your SO know your number?

Mine knows mine approximately - he doesn't pay enough attention to know the precise # lol. I know his approximately as well.

At the moment I am a healthy weight and he is overweight. Over our history of 20+ years, it was not always so. I remember a time when I could not wear his sweat pants because they were too small for me.

Weight is not a taboo topic in our house. Neither is age which is another topic some women would rather not discuss, or so I've heard. :)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    He didn't when I was in the 300's (to the best of my knowledge). I think I finally started telling him when I was close to 200. He certainly knows I've been stuck at 165 for a while. He loved me at every size, to his credit. Smart man.
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah, I was complaining about it the other day because I have gained some without realizing it. I told him for acountability. I need to be embarrassed for me to do something about it. He is always supportive but now he knows how I feel about me weighing as much as I do and he is supporting me so much. We have been together for 14 years so I'm not concerned with him knowing it.

I text him as soon as I found out at the Dr office the number, I was so embarrassed and just was feeling crummy. He just told me he loves me at any weight but will help me reach my goal of where I want to be.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight-no way. Now I don't care who knows my weight. And I am a little over weight at the moment. But I look decent and I'm athletic so I just don't care.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My first serious boyfriend kept poking fun at my weight and treating me like crap ('I like women smaller than that' pokes my belly. 'I don't feel attracted to you physically' 'my last girlfriend was skinny' 'I can't show you off to my friends') because I had gained 5-10 pounds over the 2.5 years we were together. I never mentioned how he had let himself go in that time too. These comments started about a month before I broke up with him. That is one of the reasons he is an ex.

For the record, I'm currently ten pounds lower than I was when we started dating but two clothing sizes bigger. I doubt he even knew just how much I weighed because I didn't even know.

Moving on.

I have no problem sharing goals with my future partner as long as they respect me and my body. This body has done amazing things and it's part of me and I lived with it big and love it smaller too. I am all parts of me and hope to find someone who will love me for everything not just the bit they see now.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have told my husband but his memory is odd at the best of times- he recently told some woman who asked him at work about my weight loss that I weigh 120lbs...he forgot the whole "plus 10" :D
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's just number. And we are the same height so we generally weigh close to the same, except when I was pregnant and then I was 30lbs more.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Eh. The number on the scale doesn't change how I look and people are really bad at guessing.

My boyfriend knows mine and I know his because we just started a cut and we talk about that sort of stuff.
  • mollyingrid92
    mollyingrid92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm highly embarrassed about it so I don't tell. I just let him know how much it fluctuates when I weigh myself. He also doubles as my trainer/motivator.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anyone that can see you, can see your size. No one needs an exact number to know whether you're packing a bunch extra or packing light.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the room when I do my morning weigh-ins, so yes, he hears the number. And has cheered my loss and healthy lifestyle. We have bee together for almost 24 years, and he has loved me throughout regardless of size. I know his weight too. And ditto to everyone who has said we see each other naked...and in bathing suits, jeans etc.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Theoretically. I tell him when I meet a goal (e.g. break into a new "decade" on the scale or need to go down a pants size), but odds are really good he doesn't remember the number.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yep! He's my personal trainer so i update him pretty much every week
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bore him with my weight loss/ gain on a regular basis. :blush:

Haha, same here. My wife was with me every step, and seeing me jump on the scale every morning, asked of my progress regularly. She also knew my "before " weight, actually to figure out the amount of supplements i was going to take that was based on weight. I told her, although it felt weird, me being over twice her weight and almost same height, but i felt comfortable to admit that, although we were just in the beginning of our relationship. Obviously, i know her weight too ;)
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    missvyris wrote: »
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.

@missvyris. Dump him? What good does that to you, him putting you down like that. I'm sorry he's disrespecting you. You deserve better. If he can't accept you now, he never will. Changing for someone isn't the best option for you as an individual. Name calling is very low of him, for sure. Sorry that he's putting you through this.