Exercise you dread most.

Options

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I won't say dread but very dislike?!
    I don't like running in any form or in any kind of environment... Running outside equals to sun exposure and bug bites plus air pollution, and running on a treadmill is just boring for me. I also don't like to listen to music with headset/earbuds cuz it's not very healthy to hearing... that might be other reason why my boredom level is always high, lol.
    I also don't really like yoga, but I feel like I need it. Every time when I do yoga, I feel like my patience would run low very quick and I'd lose my motivation to keep going for another 5 min. For those I really love, I can make myself going for another 20-30 min with much less effort.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I hate hate HATE HATE crunches, situps, generally the entire subset of core/ab specific workouts
    Crunches.

No need to do any of these.

You can develop your abs/core sufficiently by ONLY doing compound lifts, like squats, DLs, OHPs and BPs.

Lose enough BF and you'll have a visible and well defined 6 pack w/o doing anything else. Worked like that for me. Should work that way for you too.

Just saying . . .
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Ab work. I hate it so much.
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Burpees and mountain climbers. *Barf*
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    burpees and overhead press.

Have finally upped the overhead press consistently to 15kg! come on! 15kg! my brain tells me that is nothing cos I leg press 80kg.

I know, smaller muscle group, but come on shoulders! pull it together! :p haha
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything I dread either ... anymore.

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago when I had a trainer, he had me doing leg extensions. Hate those, can't ever get the machine adjusted right. Felt like my quads had been dipped in acid and my knees would pop in a sickening way.

Would much rather do heavy squats or lunges of any kind.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Anything overhead....my shoulder mobility sucks.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Bulgarian split squats. I won't do them. Refuse.

lol . . . i get that, because lunges. a person can measure how much i hate lunges by the fact i'm actually willing to consider split squats as an alternative.

I have found my people on this thread! I just despise split squats, and to a lesser degree lunges, and to a greater degree, side lunges. I do them, but not quite to parallel, LOL. Screw that!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Basically, it's the one coming up next. That's the exercise I dread the most. Once started, it's fine. But, then it becomes the next one inline. It's always the next exercise, never the current or past ones.
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Squats. *kitten* squats.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Push ups!

No matter how many I do, I still suck at them.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Any type of plank. lol never my favorites!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine doing anything that I truly dreaded. I cycle and I love to cycle...hill repeats aren't my favorite thing to do...I mean I'd much rather just be on a ride, but they're highly beneficial..."dread" would be too strong of a word.

There are also some things that pop up in my trainers programming that aren't exactly super awesome, but I don't "dread" them...they're just annoyingly beneficial.

IDK...I don't think exercise should = suffering and dread...nobody is going to stick to suffering and dread. For the most part, it should be enjoyable and fun.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Dreadmill.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Dread is too strong a word, but I have a love/hate relationship with yoga. I KNOW it's good for flexibility and balance and being spiritually centered. So many good things, but I feel like it doesn't give me the bang for my buck that I get from either cardio or strength training. I'm always happy afterwards, but pushing myself to it requires strength of will and letting go of my constant drive to be busy, busy and moving at a fast rate of speed.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Running uphill. Hate hate hate it. But it's good running down again.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Angall08 wrote: »
    Out of all the exercises you do, which one do you dread the most.

Burpees. They are evil.

I'm also not a fan of the elliptical, but it could just be the few models I have tried (at fitness goods stores & a gym on campus) were not suited for me.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Push ups and planks! I have issues with my right arm that make it hard for me to do some body weight exercises, but the same issues keep me from lifting heavy, so a girls's gotta do somethin'!
  • monstar4kc
    monstar4kc Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Usually people dread the exercise that they aren't good in. In my case, that's lateral raises hands down. I'd rather do 10 burpees or push-ups for every lateral raise that I have to do.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I suck so much at planks and all its variations, but spiderman pushups are the absolute worst. I used to prescribe to the idea that compound lifts were enough core work, but my sitting posture is piss poor and I'm hoping more core stuff will help. So now I'm doing things I've avoided for so long and I feel it!