Do you have confidence in your body?

Options
zaynesmommy2015
zaynesmommy2015 Posts: 20 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
My confidence is so low it's crazy. I am about 160lbs and confident is not in my vocabulary. I always feel so fat. I don't do certain things or wear certain things because of my weight. I can walk around in public and I feel like people look at me and say oh she's ugly and fat. My boyfriend gets irritated when I talk like this and he says my body is beautiful but I know he's just saying that to be nice! Anyone feel the same? How do you gain confidence? I feel like that can only happen if I'm about 125-130 lbs but it's been so hard for me to lose weight

Replies

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Nope, maybe 150 pounds from now I will.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Hitting a number, in my opinion, will not magically imbue you with confidence. I'm 5'10" and 130lbs give or take a hair because maintenance- it will still be a cold day in hell before you see me on the beach in a bikini, etc. There were race photos of me from behind at the marathon I ran last weekend that were mortifying to see.

I may never be entirely confident in how I look, thems be the breaks. I have however cultivated more confidence in my own abilities however through developing as a distance runner and that *usually* means more to me.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss in the mid 170s, am at 135 now, 5'5. I actually DID have confidence in my body before. I wasn't thin but I was fairly fit because I play an all women'Bs contact sport. I can't tell you what that did for me, personally. The community of other women and the blatant proof of what a body can do at any size changed me as a person.
  • BuBeauty01
    BuBeauty01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Pretty much never.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I had heaps of confidence in my body ... until I was diagnosed with precancer and now I feel like parts of my body are letting the side down.

My confidence is more in the realm of ability and strength than what I look like.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I had heaps of confidence in my body ... until I was diagnosed with precancer and now I feel like parts of my body are letting the side down.

My confidence is more in the realm of ability and strength than what I look like.

((( <3 ))) sad to hear about the diagnosis. h.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do.
    But I am confident because I work very hard at it. I know it's not perfect but I know it's much better than if I didn't work for it.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    No. But fake it til you make it.

I am in a sport which is also a performing art. In a short-skirted freestyle dress, in the centre of that ice, there is absolutely nowhere to hide. So I pretend that I am confident, even as I'm turning into a quaking nervous mess inside. And the judges buy it, the audience buys it, even the skaters and their parents who know me well buy it. So at some point, I started buying it, too.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    My confidence is so low it's crazy. I am about 160lbs and confident is not in my vocabulary. I always feel so fat. I don't do certain things or wear certain things because of my weight. I can walk around in public and I feel like people look at me and say oh she's ugly and fat. My boyfriend gets irritated when I talk like this and he says my body is beautiful but I know he's just saying that to be nice! Anyone feel the same? How do you gain confidence? I feel like that can only happen if I'm about 125-130 lbs but it's been so hard for me to lose weight

Losing weight won't necessarily make you body confident, you need to work on your mind as well as your body - it's not your weight that is stopping you from doing things it's your head. I am around 230lb and I am still fairly confident about my body, of course there are things I would like to improve but it doesn't stop me dressing the way I want to or from doing things. Your boyfriend likely isn't just saying that to be nice, you're getting irritated with him because of your own insecurities.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.