How do you wear leggings and squat?!

Replies

• bigscottyuk
    bigscottyuk Posts: 5 Member
    Us guys have joggers/squat issues too.

When I deep squat my joggers ride down & the crack of Dan revealed. Not excellent for anyone stood behind me.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Don't buy cheap leggings! Made this mistake.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    So I've always been one to wear regular loose workout pants but would like to wear leggings in the summer. My only problem is that I get paranoid about squatting while wearing leggings because I've seen women squat, and i get a full on view of their butt! Like it stretches and becomes see through. I tried on a pair in the dressing room, did squats, and a downward dog but I don't know if the lighting in the gym will change the "see through" look lol. How do you shop for leggings and know for sure they wont be see through?!

You buy quality leggings which don't go see-through. Sweaty Betty are my go-to. Not the cheapest (I buy them on sale) but my earliest pair is still going after nearly four years and still looks new.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

But I know a lot of guys/girls at my gym who use Bluetooth- so the phone stays in their bag and they walk around w/o it.

Yep, that's what I do. I love my bluetooth headphones.

Re: leggings - i dunno, I don't worry too much about it. I also wear undies beneath 'em too, so i guess I have an extra layer just in case.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2017
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    You know how many people I've flashed at the gym. My own husband didn't even tell me my leggings were see-thru. I felt so betrayed.

Knowing how guys can be, I've tried convincing my wife to workout in full cotton sweats or a burlap sack or something. For some reason, she's not going for it. Good luck on your search @kimblesnbits13.
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    I used to wear baggy workout pants and just bought my first pairs of leggings. It never even occurred to me that they could become see-through! And what would you actually see? Are you girls all naked underneath or wear thongs? I feel like I'm completely out of the loop here ...
  • OnthatStuff
    Us guys have joggers/squat issues too.

When I deep squat my joggers ride down & the crack of Dan revealed. Not excellent for anyone stood behind me.

Yes @bigscottyuk, the truth will set them free! For the same reason you mentioned, I end up w/ a major wedgie until my set's over. At those times I've often thought, "this wedgie is probably not excellent for anyone standing behind me."
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    I also have this problem. I bike to the gym and yoga. Leggings are great because they don't get caught in my chain and then I don't have to change once at the gym. Sadly, on a sunny day, with your butt in the air, people can see e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. It was a sad day when someone told me. I bought an expensive pair in a print (which is not easy, so many printed women's leggings are still black on the butt). Now the search has started again for a pair for warmer weather. it is not easy. I stooped so low as to shop with a bright flashlight to try to simulate the sun. Nothing has passed the test yet.
  • OnthatStuff
    edited May 2017
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I also have this problem. I bike to the gym and yoga. Leggings are great because they don't get caught in my chain and then I don't have to change once at the gym. Sadly, on a sunny day, with your butt in the air, people can see e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. It was a sad day when someone told me. I bought an expensive pair in a print (which is not easy, so many printed women's leggings are still black on the butt). Now the search has started again for a pair for warmer weather. it is not easy. I stooped so low as to shop with a bright flashlight to try to simulate the sun. Nothing has passed the test yet.

@amandaeve ... that's because tights/leggings were created many centuries ago by ye' ole Sweaty Creeper. If my sources are correct, that person -- probably a man -- was not pleased with the workout clothing of the day being as modest as it was.
    n0f583xhxuz2.png

• PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    I've never worn leggings to the gym .... ever. I only wear shorts even when it's freezing out :smiley: I don't know how people can workout in leggings, sweat pants, etc.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    @OnthatStuff I totally know that guy.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I used to wear baggy workout pants and just bought my first pairs of leggings. It never even occurred to me that they could become see-through! And what would you actually see? Are you girls all naked underneath or wear thongs? I feel like I'm completely out of the loop here ...

if you're wearing regular underwear underneath, it becomes pretty visible if your leggings go seethrough. I don't need to see you're wearing lace undies or a leopard spot pair (some people don't care, I care. I wouldn't want people to see what i'm wearing, I don't want to see what you're wearing either).

skin coloured thongs are your best bet imo.

OP, I squat check every pair I buy in the shops, and take my husband with me for a second opinion! I go for darker colours, and if I get printed patterns, I try and get ones printed on dark material not white. I also have brands I trust (but I still check if i'm going to buy new ones!). I have a few cute pairs that aren't squat proof that get worn on days i'm not squatting/bending over
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    So I've always been one to wear regular loose workout pants but would like to wear leggings in the summer. My only problem is that I get paranoid about squatting while wearing leggings because I've seen women squat, and i get a full on view of their butt! Like it stretches and becomes see through. I tried on a pair in the dressing room, did squats, and a downward dog but I don't know if the lighting in the gym will change the "see through" look lol. How do you shop for leggings and know for sure they wont be see through?!

I honestly don't even worry about it. I just wear leggings that are comfy and go for it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I have a vulgar video from the lululemon dressing room. Squat check yo self.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I wear basketball shorts.
    Dunno, leggings just make me feel self conscious and naked. Lol.

Yeah that's why i never wear them to the gym. I don't mind feeling naked at home haha. I also wondered where people keep their phone when they wear leggings. All my workout pants have pockets.

in my gym bag?

or just leave it in the locker.

Everyone at my gym carries around a bag though- backpack or duffle.

I have an IG video I took for funsies one day when we were all there- looks like we effing moved in to the gym- everyone set their bag in the same space- it was a lot of stuff.

People that leave their phone in the locker clearly don't need music when they work out huh!? I've seen girls put their phone in the waistband of their leggings and I can only imagine how sweaty the phone would get if i were to do that!

I do that for short period of time. It doesn't get sweat. My hip bone doesn't sweat.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I've never worn leggings to the gym .... ever. I only wear shorts even when it's freezing out :smiley: I don't know how people can workout in leggings, sweat pants, etc.

Cause winter.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    You know how many people I've flashed at the gym. My own husband didn't even tell me my leggings were see-thru. I felt so betrayed.

giphy.gif

This is the best lol My BF would have been so uncomfortable and not wanted me to go out like that. Anyway, I love leggings! I would say don't buy see through ones is the best advice here? Not all are see-through. I agree with the idea of seamless ones as well, if you find them. Also, I honestly don't care what strangers at the gym think, but I have a man at home and he's the only person who's opinion matters at the end of the day, so I guess that's why I don't care. Maybe if I was still on the market I'd want to make a better impression? Or maybe I'd be self-centered and still not care. Probably the latter. If they didn't want to see a bunch of sweaty people, half of whom are overweight, in awkward positions, then they should have avoided the gym? Lol.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I don;t have any problems with my leggings. Squatting in shorts is far worse. Major wedgie alert!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Verity1111 wrote: »

giphy.gif

This is the best lol My BF would have been so uncomfortable and not wanted me to go out like that. Anyway, I love leggings! I would say don't buy see through ones is the best advice here? Not all are see-through. I agree with the idea of seamless ones as well, if you find them. Also, I honestly don't care what strangers at the gym think, but I have a man at home and he's the only person who's opinion matters at the end of the day, so I guess that's why I don't care. Maybe if I was still on the market I'd want to make a better impression? Or maybe I'd be self-centered and still not care. Probably the latter. If they didn't want to see a bunch of sweaty people, half of whom are overweight, in awkward positions, then they should have avoided the gym? Lol.

I don't think anyone is buying see through leggings on purpose. That's the point.