Power walking works!! (50lb weight loss)

Options
12346»

Replies

• Mel3933
    Mel3933 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jrolls79 wrote: »
    You look like a college freshman! I can't believe​you have a 20 year old.

Wow thanks!!
  • Mel3933
    Options
    Ashley2733 wrote: »
    Do you eat back any of your exercise calories ?

No I don't do that. That never made sense to me. I just stick to 1300 calories
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Mel3933 wrote: »
    As of today I officially lost 50lbs over the course of 10 months! I'm 5'8 and started at 198lbs and am now 148lbs. I did a few different things here and there especially at the beginning but mostly I lost the weight through power walking. Nothing fancy, nothing crazy just walking. I walk fast and strong and hard but it is totally possible to lose weight through walking. I HATE working out but I love walking outside and that's why I stay committed. I ate healthy everyday and logged my food and that helped tremendously as well. I finally feel comfortable in my own skin after 3 babies, a binge eating disorder and riding the fat/thin roller coaster for years! My goal I set for myself was to lose 50lbs before my 40th birthday in September and I am so happy I accomplished it. I was never able to reach my weight loss goals before so that's big for me. It doesn't stop though. I will continue my walks and eating healthy. Maintaining can be a struggle too but I refuse to undo all my hard work this time!xbq3pkh7zu5a.jpg
    ubg9l3yajx3n.jpg

You are such an inspiration to me, and beautiful. I'm getting over an injury so all the cardio I'm doing right now is walking.
  • Mel3933
    Options
    deedsedai wrote: »
    You're a great inspiration, I saw a dietitian and she said pretty much the same, as long as you eat 1300-1400 and be active for about 15-60 minutes a day, then you will see results. If you don't, then they'll have to test me for other medical conditions.

I was doing some workout videos for strength training and was retaining water weight, but I think after walking for two weeks instead of doing strength training, I saw the results from it finally (number wise). It's slow but it's working. It's nice to know that I can walk because I enjoy walking more and its easier to fit in. Seeing your before and after is awesome and I hope to be there soon. I'm at your starting weight and hope to lose as much as you.

Strength training is definitely a good thing to do. Muscle will burn fat, you'll be more toned and I have done some of that throughout my weight loss process. But I haven't been consistent with that as much as my walks. Which I'm fine with. It all depends on what your goals are and what you will stick with. If you enjoy what you do you are more likely to be consistent and that is what will give you good results. Oh and with the water retention that could be due to having a lot of sodium in your diet so that's something to be aware of
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And you have a 20 year old daughter?? lol I'm 31 and I'd guess you're my age. Good on you for finding what works for you. People think you have to destroy yourself or run a marathon to lose weight. But walking is SO good for you! :D
  • Geona2011
    Geona2011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes! Congrats!
  • ChozoSpectre
    ChozoSpectre Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! This is crazy inspiring :smile:
  • Mel3933
    Options
    drenergy wrote: »
    You look amazing! And you have a 20 year old daughter?? lol I'm 31 and I'd guess you're my age. Good on you for finding what works for you. People think you have to destroy yourself or run a marathon to lose weight. But walking is SO good for you! :D

Thank you :)
    And yes your right that's why I wanted to share my story because people don't have to spend hours every day in a gym doing exercises they hate! Just do things you will be consistent with bc you enjoy them and eat healthy and results will come for sure
  • meabea
    meabea Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love walking success stories. Thank you for the inspiration and congrats on setting and reaching your goal.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because you inspired me so much. Have been doing something similar (not quite as long, 40 mins) and getting some excellent results. Thank you.
  • thatATLgirl
    thatATLgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you look great-- and younger!!
  • Mel3933
    Options
    Bumping this because you inspired me so much. Have been doing something similar (not quite as long, 40 mins) and getting some excellent results. Thank you.

This is so great to hear :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!