Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @HGSmith0920 glad everything worked out ok at work.

@Evamutt How was your pasta? What brand is it? Congrats on the new stove.

Rachel Baking cookies with grandma. I remember it fondly. I wish she was still around.

So I didn't make it to the gym all weekend. I did however spend a great deal of time in the yard. I pulled the biggest weeds I have ever seen in my life. They looked like elephant ears. I had to get the shovel out and dig them up. Some of the roots were probably 3-3 1/2 " thick. Sweated like a pig. then I dug up this tall zebra grass that I planted years ago. Had to have my son help with that. all in all my flower beds look great and I don't feel quite so guilty as I really worked hard and my whole body felt it so I know I burned some calories. Hubby was roofing a house all weekend and girls were gone so my eating wasn't to bad. except for the bowl of peanut butter ice cream I had for breakfast yesterday.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @HGSmith0920 I used to be with a gamer guy. He loved it when he was home alone. No one bugging him, he could cuss up a storm, pig out and game until he couldn't keep his eyes open. Don't feel guilty for your gym time.

@evamutt Grats on the garage sale find.

@Rachel0778 Don't be too hard on yourself. I am envious of your time with your grandma. Mine passed away right before my youngest was born. Can you maybe find some healthier alternatives to cookies to bake the next time with her?

@ngolden3320 I wouldn't feel guilty either. Gardening/yard work can burn a lot of calories.

Well I am still hanging on by the tiniest bit of thread. My weight actually went down a couple of pounds this last week. So I am thinking it was some water weight. I have almost finished my 30 day squat challenge. I have 40 more to do today, and then 250 to do tomorrow. I definitely notice some toning going on in my bum and thighs. Plus it is pretty easy to do. I usually break them up and do so many per hour. Trying to get motivated again. I have another 7k this Saturday and I had planned on trying to run some of it, but I haven't done any running in almost 3 weeks. :(
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    Today was not such a good day. I think I shared here but back in January, hubby woke up with high heart rate...125 & was in hospital for a week. I won't go into too much detail but it came down for about 3 weeks then went back up to 115. Dr going to do procedure on him in July & if that doesn't work, a pacemaker, which he said will work. It's an electrical problem. So he hasn't felt like his normal self thru all this but felt "ok" & accepting his new norm for now. This morning it was 155! He still felt "ok". Dr told him to double his meds for now & see what happens. All this to say I hung out with him most of the day in case....This morning I took my big guy(dog) on bike run, then walked the rest then went on a bike ride by myself because I didn't want to go to zumba class so I can be around hubby. This afternoon I brought him with me to pick up some kittens from the county shelter & deliver them to my friend to foster. Being home this much gave me an appetite. I just finished the other pack of that pasta I bought. I finally figured out what it reminds me of...Ramen noodles. I put the rest of the ground turkey spaghetti sauce on them I made & I'm full. I did loose another pound today after 3 weeks but I'm still going down, not up, however slow. Through all of hubby's medical issues, I do feel at peace most of the time. I can't help thinking about him dying. We just don't know the future. It makes me feel sad that the last 3 years have been good, since he has an anger/ reactivity issue & he really started working on it ,so our lives have been fairly content together & we may not have more time together in this state. We are both believers, so that makes a tremendous difference for us in life/death matters. He really loves life & enjoys so many things. He built a new computer for himself recently, he does wood working & he knows how to fix just about anything. He's pretty much a home body & I like to go out & do things almost every day & he also has a good relationship with our 4 children now too. I'm very grateful the Lord has been working in both of us & our children have learned to respect/love him. It's good for them too, not to have resentment. I'm glad this day is coming to an end tho. I'm so worn out from the emotion & the heat. time to sit on couch & watch TV with my dogs. Hope everyone has a good night
  • rpolevoy11
    rpolevoy11 Posts: 3 Member
    My name is Becca. I'm coming back to MFP after a hiatus away. I'm now at my heaviest and have 50 lbs to lose. Looking for friends that can help motivate me and hold me accountable! Please feel free to add me! :smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Good morning @rpolevoy11 Congrats on coming back! We are a wonderful group here! Create some goals and have fun!
  • HGSmith0920
    @Evamutt I'm so sorry about your DH. My DH has a lot of health problems as well. He's been having chest pain for the last few months as well as his joints and arthritis and all sorts of other things. He grew a heavy drug user and a semi professional athlete so his body is just broken. He kicked the drugs several years before I met him and has no desire to go back but between that, the alcohol and the cigarettes(he's kicked all of them), he's just has a broken body. He walks about 7 miles a day at work and that takes a serious toll on his body at the end of the day so he has to take it slow when he's home. He's a video gamer and a sports nut so I spend a lot of time watching him play his games or watching hockey and baseball. But I really do enjoy that I get to spend a lot more time with him now that I work normal business hours! Praying for your DH!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Welcome @rpolevoy11!

@ngolden3320 Gardening absolutely counts as physical activity! Way to go!

@Evamutt I am so sorry to hear that your husband's heart issue has gotten worse. I hope the medication starts working and that you will have many more years together. I am glad you were able to repair your relationship so that you have no regrets

@jdelaroy You're rocking the summer race season, way to go! I could choose a healthier option, but tradition is tradition and it wouldn't be quite the same. Her cookies are infamous. I just bite the bullet the 3-4 times a year I visit.

So I had a bit of a NSV yesterday. The photos from our last derby bout came out and I barely recognized myself. I seriously have body dismorphia because I think that I am this giant person, when in fact I looked downright slender in these photos! (I posted an example on my MFP page so that you can see what I mean). It's incredible how much perception can differ from reality.

Practice last night was a lot of fun since we are shooting our promo video so we got to feel like rock stars (fog machine, big lights, multiple cameras and all!). I can't wait to see how it turns out. Tonight I have my pole dancing class which I'm really looking forward to since I haven't been able to go for weeks! This is turning out to be a really fantastic week.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @HGSmith0920 - It sounds like things are going pretty well! Great job :D Keep it up!

@Rachel0778 - Glad you don't have regrets. Negative feedback isn't pleasant, but as long as you can use it to help yourself get back on track, it can end up being helpful. Nothing wrong with parties; just bank some calories, or adjust your goals. Either way, it's not the end of the world. :)

@ngolden3320 - Sounds like an awesome weekend! And there's nothing wrong with peanut butter ice cream for breakfast - just fit it into your plans. Do we get to see pics of your flower beds?

@jdelaroy - Congrats on getting to the end of your challenge! Do you have an alarm set to remind you each hour? Don't worry too much about your 7k, just make sure you're well-rested and warmed up. See what you can do!

@Evamutt - I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on with your husband. Hopefully the procedure in July will take care of things and this will simply have been a way to remind the two of you to cherish being together for many years to come. Keep us posted!

@rpolevoy11 - Welcome!

I'm a teacher - high school English - but right now I'm working a summer job as security at a local amusement park. It sounds more exciting than it is; mostly we tell kids to quit running! But I do enjoy it quite a bit. I get to walk around and wave at people all day.

Went to the gym yesterday and planning to go again today. I'm hoping I can get to the point where I've got the energy to at least do my weights on my 11-hr days. I think Saturdays will be gym-free days, since that's my 13-hr shift!

And then we went to my parents' house and had dinner with them. Which was awesome, but I have nooo idea how to log it. So I just didn't. :p OH WELL. Back at it today!
  • Evamutt
    Thank you all for the well wishes for my hubby, He's setting up a video call with Dr to see if he might skip the procedure & go straight to the pace maker. We tried to walk this morning, after half block he had to turn around.
    It rained a little this morning but I took most of my dogs to the dog park anyway. Hubby said he's not going to check his HR much, it makes him anxious & there's not much to do about it at this point, so I don't know when to stick around or when to go do my "regular" things. going to play it by ear
  • HGSmith0920
    @clicketykeys I went to school to be a high school english teacher! Between a break up induced emotional meltdown and a really rigorous school schedule, I didnt quite make it. Lol. Nwo the goal is to get my BA in business administration and move to the back office of the bank, but that could take a few years. Lol. I need to get comfortable at the bank with daily transactions before I can even think about going back to school or anything. One thing at a time. I worked at a sleep away summer camp for 3 years when I was just out of high school. Those were long days too! Lol. So I know the feeling about long days outside. But good for you for taking the job and I bet it's a great workout walking around all day!
  • HGSmith0920
    @Evamutt I sure hope they dont have to do any major surgery! That would be terrible! Hopefully it's just the pacemaker procedure and that it's much less invasive. All the best to you both and you are both still in my prayers!
  • Evamutt
    HGSmith I will be praying for your DH & you as well in my daily prayers. I'm done eating for the day, except I pre log 1oz of veggie straws to have later in the evening while watching tv before I go to bed. Tomorrow my "dog park" ladies meet for lunch. we try to get together once a month at different, inexpensive restaurants. I don't feel like going. I missed zumba yesterday & I really like it so I would miss it tomorrow if I went, plus I don't feel like eating out & it's payday so want to go grocery shopping.(can you tell I'm tired & grumpy?) Maybe I'll feel different tomorrow, I'm real tired today. I've been eating a little different lately, I've eaten larger calorie meals & not had snacks in between, except the veggie straws at nite. I've been eating more protein & less carbs & it stays with me till the next meal. I usually change things up every several months. I've been buying the "steamer" veggies in lite sauce & eating mostly those with some form of meat. Tonight's dinner was a Brussels sprouts steamer in lite butter, one grilled chicken thigh, 1/2 Greek yogurt with 3/4 c cereal & few Tbl cool whip.They do have more sodium than I want but it's just a change for a while. I was really into fresh zucchini for the longest time. I love the plain, non fat Greek yogurt from costco, so that's one of the stores I'll be going to. I hope everyone has a good night & thanks for letting me ramble on
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @clicketykeys 13 hours on your feet?! WOW! I am in awe of your stamina and patience for kids

@HGSmith0920 I'm glad your SO is able to be so active at work to keep his body moving, although I'm sure he must be in a lot of pain!

@Evamutt I can totally understand not wanting to go to things, especially if it means skipping your favorite class. Is there another class you can take tomorrow in it's place, or maybe do some Zumba at home? I like the steamer veggies too, I usually only buy them when they're on sale but they are great for a convenience grab on the way to work!

I was a machine last night! I did the laundry, did the dishes, took the dog for a walk, and cooked a double batch of my thin mint brownies for the bake sale all before pole class! Pole class was rough though. I just couldn't get a good grip and was sliding everywhere and felt like a complete failure. The instructor was great at giving me different things to try but I was so frustrated with myself. I guess that's what I get for taking a month off during derby season! Hopefully next week will be better. Today my day is filled with meetings, wish me luck on making it through with a positive attitude!
  • HGSmith0920
    @Rachel0778 GOOD LUCK!!! I bet the meetings will fly by! Honestly, I've always wanted to try derby, but I'm a bit of a chicken. Lol. And congrats on getting so much accomplished! Normally on my days off I'm like that. Or the days I wake up 3 hours before my alarm! Lol. I dont have off again until this weekend and I'll be busy with my church's womens retreat for most of it.

@Evamutt Thank you for the prayers! They are always appreciated! I use the frozen broccoli steamers because a lot of my dinner recipes call for broccoli, but instead of cutting it fresh which can be a total hassle, I'll just leave a bag out on the counter for a few hours and let it defrost and then it's ready to go into whatever I'm making. Lol

Boy am I tired today! We didnt go to bed until about 1:30am...waaaay past my bedtime. But the DH closed last night and didnt get home until about 10:30pm and then we were watching the Penguins game and the post game show and we just totally lost track of time! So I ended up not getting up until 9am when I really wanted to get up at 7:30am with the DH. I just couldnt. Lol. Plus my cat, Panda, was being a total *kitten* last night. And meowing at the top of his lungs and jumping on us for no reason. I didnt know what to do! But it definitely was a terrible night sleep. So tonight will definitely be an early bedtime for me!

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @rachel0778 I know what you mean about tradition. Somethings are worth changing. I loved your derby pic! I hope the meeting went well last night.

@clicketykeys. No alarm, I have a Fitbit that keeps track of activity in an hour. So when I am at work I write my steps down every hour to make sure I get the minimum steps. I usually do squats when I check my steps. I just go to the restroom and do 20-40. 11-13 hours on your feet in a day? Crazy!

@evamutt I can understand him not wanting to check it, but sure can be stressful. I wish you both luck.

@evamutt It sounds like you know what you want. No reason you can’t skip your lunch with the girls this time. Hope you get a good night’s rest.

@rachel0778 Wow, you were a machine. You can come to my house and be a machine. LOL good luck at your meetings. You will feel so much better at your next class. Hang tough.

@hgsmith My BF and I lose track of time when we are together as well. It seems like the time just disappears. I am sorry your cat was being a butt.

I am still not doing good, only thing I have done faithfully the last few weeks is my squats. (Now over.) I think I am going to try and keep doing some though. I like the definition it is giving me. TMI Alert. The BF smacked my *kitten* this am, and he hurt his hand. He said something along the lines that those squats were working and he sure could feel the difference. I also squeezed the air out of him.

Today, I am focusing on figuring out a schedule that I can live with that will work with my new work schedule (I hate it.) Happy Thursday folks!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @HGSmith0920 - I don't have a Fitbit or anything, but I've got the Steps app and on a short day I'm usually around 15-20k, and on a 13-hr shift it's 25-30k. So yeah, lots of walking! Not fast or anything, so I'm not really getting much cardio/aerobic benefit, but hey, every little bit helps, right? Good luck at the bank! How long have you been there? I take it you're enjoying it?

@Rachel0778 - Grats on such a productive day! Do you use resin or anything like that to help with your grip?

@Evamutt - How are you feeling today? Still tired? Emotionally intense experiences can definitely leave you drained!

Baking some granola crisps today. Fingers crossed! I made up the recipe myself and I'm kind of guessing at... well... all of it, lol! Today's version is rolled oats, egg whites, wheat germ, and sharp cheddar. Oh, and rosemary and sage. That goes together... right? *wince*
  • HGSmith0920
    @clicketykeys That's an insane amount of steps! When I worked at a deli and would walk after work I would usually hit about 18k. But 30k is a bit much for me! Lol. I've been at the bank for about a month and a half. I really do enjoy it. It's just annoying having to relearn everything. But today had been going really well! But too busy, not to to slow and I think I've done everything right so far. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    @jdelaroy I'm sorry you're having a hard time! Sometimes new work schedules suck! I've worked every kind you can think of and the ones I work now(bank hours lol) are my favorite. Congrats about the kickbutt...butt. Lol. I bet your happy about that. And I would keep doing the squats. If you like the results then keep at it!

So I can tell that I am losing weight. In the last month I've lost 10.2lbs and I can tell when I look in the mirror at work. That's the only longish mirror I have access to. The one at home is shoulder high and the glass doors in my living room ate warped so that's a no go. Lol. But my work pants are getting looser and my belly isn't straining my shirts anymore! Lol it's very nice!
  • Evamutt
    I have to share.... so hubby's HR has been 155 for a few days, so according to him, early this morning while asleep, he woke to a warm radiating sensation going across his chest. He said he knew it was the Lord. So he goes in for his routine ekg this morning, the Dr calls him back before he even arrived home & told him his heart is completely normal, HR 60 and he's out of A fib (which he had since 2001!! I do hope the Lord keeps him like this for a while, or the rest of his life would even be better!! Also I went ahead out to lunch with my friends today. I had a good salad with turkey breast & it was all good.
  • Evamutt
    Rachel10778, I hope the meetings went by fast & you had a good day. I really admire you doing derby, I don't think I can do that, not even when I was younger. Once in a great while I have energy to whisk thru many tasks , but I have to recover from it the next day lol. I don't like to do anything fast any more since I retired. My last job was non stop super fast for 5 years!! Congrats on the loose pants & weight loss, HGSmith, I don't have a full length mirror either. I don't have a fitbit so don't know how many steps I take. I'm on my feet most of the day tho. It would be interesting to find out.