Ladies' Advice

Options

Replies

• CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    CNG24 wrote: »
    I leave for a few minutes and we aren't talking about Ryan Reynolds or how nice a man with reddish hair looks in green... Shame... ;)

Green and dark purple for sure

Yeeeeessssss!
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    A_Witty_Ginger Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I like jeans and t-shirts when they fit nicely. Not super tight but not super baggy either. Especially when the guy has some muscles and you can tell by the way the t-shirt fits. Polo's and jeans are nice too if you want to get a little fancier.

The problem i isually run into are the shirts that "teepee" below the chest. Know what i mean? I have a broad frame and usually have to get plus sizes for mobility in the arms and shoulders but everything droops out inches from my waist lol. Tried tucking shirts in but it looked super goofy

Get handy with a cheap sewing machine, just enough to take in the sides of those t shirts. It's easy enough, I can do it.

Makes me wish i paid more attention in Home-ec lol. Im pretty sure i could youtube some lessons
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    didnt realize guys put so much thought into this

I didnt for the longest time, but I like the thought of being more stylish and appealing...without going overboard
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting lots of helpful advice! You'll be knocking em dead before long!! :)
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting lots of helpful advice! You'll be knocking em dead before long!! :)

Haha! I'll settle for turning a head or two ;)
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options

Haha! I'll settle for turning a head or two ;)

You will get there! ;)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I like men in good jeans from places like Frame or All Saints. Black. Good sneakers that are kept clean, a nice pocket tee, leather jacket, beard, and good hair cut. And some muscles.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options

The problem i isually run into are the shirts that "teepee" below the chest. Know what i mean? I have a broad frame and usually have to get plus sizes for mobility in the arms and shoulders but everything droops out inches from my waist lol. Tried tucking shirts in but it looked super goofy

Most department stores sell shirts that are athletic cut...meaning they are tapered at the waist and fuller in the chest and arms for broader shoulders. Those should work for your shape.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    sorry, didn't realize someone already posted my answer...just wanted to add...my dad was a ginger, and my daughter is one...hot pink on a man with red hair! love it. Purple and green are great as well as navy and black. I love me a ginger...heavy sigh <3
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options
    abrubru wrote: »
    sorry, didn't realize someone already posted my answer...just wanted to add...my dad was a ginger, and my daughter is one...hot pink on a man with red hair! love it. Purple and green are great as well as navy and black. I love me a ginger...heavy sigh <3

@abrubru I never really saw myself in hot pink. I love dark green and purple but i always imagined hot pink to mix better with swarthy complexions. And yes, always love a ginger lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    "Looking for some new duds and wondering what the opposite sex likes to see a man wear"

Its been said already, but wear things that you feel comfortable in. Jeans and t-shirts are fine. Pick styles that fit you well and are flattering. A little bit of "personality" in your clothing is great too.

"I was thinking of "reimaging" myself"

Nothing wrong with trying out new stuff, try on things that you may not usually choose and see if you like it. You will get a feel whether it is a comfortable choice for you or not.
  • hardyd85
    hardyd85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If your looking for good fitting t-shirts check out next level apparel. I have a problem with t-shirts. Larges are normally to small and extra large is normally a blanket on me. The next level shirts have a tapered athletic fit. I am able to wear a XL and it fits nicely in the arms and waist. I'm 6ft 230lbs with a 44" chest and a 36" waist currently.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

I didnt for the longest time, but I like the thought of being more stylish and appealing...without going overboard

Just don't take it to far. You wouldn't want to be treated as a piece of man meat now would you.
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options

Just don't take it to far. You wouldn't want to be treated as a piece of man meat now would you. [/quot

100% honesty? I used to covet that kind of attention. There's something flattering about being objectified by the opposite sex, but Ive learned that while that guy gets a lot of attention, no one takes him serious. I quite like my dignity intact :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options

You wouldn't want to be treated as a piece of man meat now would you(?)

well.... I willing to try; I damn sure am.

• Ironandwine69
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Even you being a fan of red wings is not working?
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    Options

Lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I reckon even quality footwear can't negate a *kitten* personality....
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

I reckon even quality footwear can't negate a *kitten* personality....

Footware?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    The styles in the pics are fine, except:

No skinny jeans. I hate them. Many other women hate them. Some like them, but the majority do not. I'm talking about women in their 30's and 40's when I express this hatred for skinny jeans on men. It's possible younger women may feel differently...you're 29 so my opinion may not be the most relevant on this. I suspect the types that like man buns (I detest them with a passion) would also like skinny jeans. But I am not friends with any women who like man buns so can't say for sure.

The cardigan in the first pic is something I would really hate to see on a man. Granted, tastes vary based on the person, but it seems much too effeminate to me. The only man who ever looked right in a cardigan was Mr. Rogers. If you aren't Mr. Rogers and you're cold, put on a jacket, or a hoodie, or a real sweater...don't grab your girlfriend's cardigan!!!

In general, jeans are fine as long as they fit well. Fitted T-shirts work well. If you want a slightly dressier (but can be casual also) look, button down shirts are always great. Slim fit looks better on many men. Don't tuck in.

Check out Ralph Lauren...they have some great shirts.

Finally, don't wear running shoes unless you actually expect to be running. Shoes are important.