• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Burpees & overhead press-ugh!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i'll put in a minor vote for bench press too. it doesn't come near the level of hate i feel for lunges, or even squats. but it's way up there on my what's-even-the-point list.

for me, all that happens when you bench press is: you bench press, and then for three days your boobs hurt. and then for a couple of days they don't hurt, and then it's time to do bench press again.
  • RDahling
    RDahling Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I don't do exercises I dread.

I second this for the most part.

Now, for the exercise I do that kills me the most - goblet squats (4 x 15 @ 15kg dumbbell in extended arms). Just crushes me every time.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I do not do any form of exercise I hate, there are always alternatives. I never liked for example squats. There are periods where I find them tolerable, but most of the time, I replace them with other exercises.
    I also hate stationary bikes (I actually do not like much bikes in general), so I walk/run/swim.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    burpees and overhead press.

Have finally upped the overhead press consistently to 15kg! come on! 15kg! my brain tells me that is nothing cos I leg press 80kg.

I know, smaller muscle group, but come on shoulders! pull it together! :p haha

I don't hate OHP but so feel your pain, it's by far my worse lift and although I'm making progress it's very slow progress. Have you thought of getting some fractional plates, my children bought me some for Christmas, a set of 0.25kg and a set of 0.5kg. Means you can up the weight just 0.5kg at a time instead of 2.5kg.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Squats!!!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Team sports. No thanks.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »

Have finally upped the overhead press consistently to 15kg! come on! 15kg! my brain tells me that is nothing cos I leg press 80kg.

I don't hate OHP but so feel your pain, it's by far my worse lift and although I'm making progress it's very slow progress. Have you thought of getting some fractional plates, my children bought me some for Christmas, a set of 0.25kg and a set of 0.5kg. Means you can up the weight just 0.5kg at a time instead of 2.5kg.

Currently I use the machines in the gym rather than free weights (keep meaning to start and then stuff happens like too many people in the gym/mate not free to coach/spot etc) and go up by 5kg each time. But there is a 2.5kg option which I may try next time. :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything I don't enjoy, but I'm not a fan of yoga, boot camp style or dancey (like Zumba) workouts at all.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Anything single legged. I hate lunges and step ups and my current programme has gone and combined them!
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope...ugh
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    1- Running... hate it... but I do it once a week anyway
    2- Planks... pure torture
    3- Dead lifts... so beneficial but yet so undesirable
    4- Barbell Squats... by far the most intimating of all the exercises I've done.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

had to add to this as I was at the gym this morning and spotted the 2.5kg addition was stuck on the 'pushed in' setting on the shoulder machine. So have actually been pressing 17.5kg!

hehe yay!!
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    burpees
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't much like burpees but practice makes perfect - my trainer makes me do a total of 60 each session.