Low carb (keto or otherwise) for June!

Options
megdnoorman
megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
Anyone is welcome to join at any time!

Just post your starting weight and your weight loss goal (along with any other goals) in your first post.

Goals:

- Keep your carbs under 50 grams total.
- Track total and net carbs daily and post them here.
- Stay within your calorie goal.
- Update everyone on your weight loss.
- Provide support and advice to fellow low-carbers!

Let's kick off June and lose some weight!

Replies

• megdnoorman
    Options
    Welcome, @peckchris3267!
  • jayna_v
    jayna_v Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm at 178 lbs and my goal is 150. This is my first time trying the keto diet. I've usually done very well losing weight on a paleo diet but all my bad eating habits have reappeared after traveling a lot for work. Looking forward to getting back on track with my health and feeling better!
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    Welcome @jayna_v !
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    That's already great progress @fatblatta! Hopefully your success will continue during this challenge!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! Don't want to miss the turn over from the last group!
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    @GorillaNJ welcome!
  • iloveturnipgreens
    iloveturnipgreens Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started keto, today actually! I was clean eating and lost 15 pounds - 195 to cw of 180. Trying keto so I can enjoy some of my favorite foods again. What should my caloric intake be? Thank you for starting a challenge. Looking forward to losing with everyone! Any tips/advice/suggestions/websites/recipes/followers welcome.
  • tracyt829
    tracyt829 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Already down to (well..its doing the waiver between 216 and 214 before it drops) from 234. Goal is 150... The mega goal would be 135. I'm 5'10 and not "big boned" like other people say of me. I travel quite a bit, thus hard to keep to a smaller portion/low carb diet. However, I've been mastering that by taking a lunch at least the first day and then can find places to eat healthy without the portions being too large. It takes work. Most of the time I can stay away from the carbs.
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    Hello! I just started keto, today actually! I was clean eating and lost 15 pounds - 195 to cw of 180. Trying keto so I can enjoy some of my favorite foods again. What should my caloric intake be? Thank you for starting a challenge. Looking forward to losing with everyone! Any tips/advice/suggestions/websites/recipes/followers welcome.

Welcome to the challenge! I know some people up their cal alottment while on keto, I don't personally, but I find ketogenic foods to be more filling so I dont need a higher calorie count most of the time.

Anyone else have any advice on counting cals while doing keto?
  • megdnoorman
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @tracyt829 welcome! Low carb snacks can be tricky without a refrigerator. I do jerky (check to make sure there isn't any added sugar or additives), walnuts, pistachios, almonds and maybe some fruit or veg that will last a few hours outside of the fridge... but nuts, fruits and veggies can all pack a surprising amount of carbs (even considered the fiber/net carbs).

What low carb foods do you eat on the go?
  • wardenmom
    wardenmom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just started as well. I weigh 170 and want to get to 155. I am still researching and reading. From what I can gather I should be at 75% Fat, 20 % Protein and 5% carbs.
    My plan at this time:
    Stay under 20 grams of net carbs
    Eat approx. 1400 calories a day
    Looking forward to some accountability!! Thanks everyone!
  • 30missa
    30missa Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm in
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    23 total - 10 fiber = 13 net
    Im early.
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in I started at 286 currently at 233.2 with a goal of 160. I lost 10.2 during the May challenge and would like to do that again. I try to stay under 25g total carb and 15 net carbs.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was quite the day... I had 27 overall carbs and 19 Net carbs so I will count that as a win. I've been fighting this clogged ear issue for a week and finally went to the dr last night. He put me on a steroid so we will see how weight loss goes this week, I was glad to see that I had dropped 2 more pounds this week. That is about 15lbs lost in the month since I started Keto.

I am finding it easier and easier to stick to as I learn which foods to avoid and what to add in to my day. Today I pick up from my crop share for the first time... so I will be adding in more veggies which I have been kind of pushing off the past week or two. I love this link for veggie carb counts https://www.ruled.me/best-low-carb-vegetables-ketogenic-diet/
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    wardenmom wrote: »
    I am in! I just started as well. I weigh 170 and want to get to 155. I am still researching and reading. From what I can gather I should be at 75% Fat, 20 % Protein and 5% carbs.
    My plan at this time:
    Stay under 20 grams of net carbs
    Eat approx. 1400 calories a day
    Looking forward to some accountability!! Thanks everyone!

Happy June!

I have the same macros and same basic goals :)
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    @30missa welcome :)
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    @Cathietc welcome and congrats on the loss!