ashleighroy7
ashleighroy7 Posts: 21 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I want to lose 9lb in four weeks anyone any tips

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You may not be able to depending how much you have to lose. And even less likely to lose that much fat in that period of time.

What are your stats, workout routine, calories?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    4 pounds is doable but 9? What is your starting weight?
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Cut off an arm? If your profile picture is recent, there is no way you're going to be able to lose 2 lb of fat per week. If you attempt a very large deficit to lose at that speed, you're going to be burning off muscle too, which would make you look worse in the long run.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Set a more realistic goal. Unless you've got a lot more than that to lose.

Now to lose 2-4 lbs in 4 weeks - set up your MFP profile. Eat the amount of calories it tells you. Log as accurately as you can. Use a food scale, use the recipe builder, be careful with exercise calories, log everything that passes your lips, use accurate entries. Try and get some extra movement in.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm always curious when people want to lose a certain, usually odd number, of pounds in a certain amount of time -- usually a relatively short one.

The closer you are to your goal the slower it'll come off. 2lbs per week is agressive and more sustainable IF you've got the pounds to lose. I'm at a decent heft, so 2lbs a week is alright. The smaller you are the less you should try to lose, so between .5-1lb per week. What are your stats?
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Losing 2lbs per week is very sustainable with the proper nutrition and workout routine until you start to get sub 7-8% for men and about 16-17% for women. I would suspect most people at those levels would be fairly happy with their body unless they were trying to do some sort of competition or hit some specific weight.
  • edwardlewis5642
    edwardlewis5642 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Short term look at the Harcombe Diet and stick to it!!!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Keep to a lower amount of calories, avoid higher carb foods such as bread, pasta, rice and simple sugars like candy etc. Increase your activity level by at least 500 calories burned.
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is doable. I did it once. I just stuck to 1200 calories a day . All the best
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's doable just set up your profile to the maximum weight loss.
  • ashleighroy7
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm five foot for and 149 lbs I've just started walking 4.4 miles everyday I'm not fit tho and I'm trying to reduce my calories to 1200 as I was eating very big portions and snacking a lot
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    lol @ losing 9lbs in 4 weeks at 149. Should have thought about this about 12-16 weeks ago.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    why 9lbs in 4 weeks though? what happens after the 4 weeks? you didn't put the weight on in 4 weeks so why do you expect it to come off that fast?
  • ashleighroy7
    Options
    I lost 3lbs last week tho I was constantly hungry and wouldn't be able to stick at it
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1200 net....or 1200 gross?

You're just outside the range of a healthy BMI, it's really doubtful you'll lose 9 lbs in 4 weeks.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I lost 3lbs last week tho I was constantly hungry and wouldn't be able to stick at it

half of that was likely water if it was your first week, you won't see that water fall off again going forward.
  • ashleighroy7
    Options
    Why not is it not healthy to lose 2lb a week? I put 7lbs on in four weeks just as I was comforting eating want to get back to feeling better
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You might just do it with the initial water weight loss but it won't be fat you are losing.

To lose 1lb of fat you need to eat 3500 calories less.
  • sebastiansteinmann
    sebastiansteinmann Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Keto works great here because you do that get as hungry. Combine that with fasting and you could do it.

What are your plans in 4 weeks tho? Lifetime of pizza and burgers? That won't work.