Replies

• nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    I have to say I'm really struggling at the moment. I previously lost 4 stone in 2013. Kept it off for 2 years and have now put it all back on. But the last year I have been trying to lose it and struggling. I don't know why I'm struggling as I feel like I really want to lose it.
    You can do it , sweetie ♥
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I always thought I would lose the weight at some point but never made much of an effort.

Then I turned 34 and it sounded like a very grown-up sort of age, and I realized I still had all the food habits I developed in my late teens and early 20s.

So I started changing my habits and losing the weight, and have started doing physical activities I like! It's not always easy, but it is remarkably simple.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    the mirror!
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Keep going ! You can do it
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am more controlled, relaxed, rested and energetic. I sleep better. I have more time. I feel at ease. I guess that is a description of "healthy".

This is a perfect description. Honestly, I was pretty happy when I was overweight as well, but running, hiking, sports, travel... it was all uncomfortable and I constantly felt like I was fighting to have energy.

I'm only halfway there but everything is easier, and I don't stress over the logistics of things as much. It's such a relief.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Got tired of being in my 20s and shopping in the plus size section.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Getting healthier is one motivation. I want to live less on the couch and more in the great outdoors. Another motivator: my mother in law has been taking a water aerobics class for the last 2 years three times a week. She is 94 years old!
  • coxwife11
    coxwife11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im just starting my journey. I have two beautiful children and an amazing husband and I want to be the best for them. For myself, im just sick of the way i look. although before I joined this group with the advise from my dr, ive lost 27 lbs after my second pregnancy. Im not quite at pre pregnancy weight have about 10 more lbs for that but I want to get below 200. Im a short girl and it just doesnt look right. 28 years old, needing a life change.
  • kincharles
    kincharles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find myself again. After leaving the service I.. well, I didn't deal well with the outside world. I still don't. I cannot adjust mentally so I medicated myself - first with booze, then with food (when I found myself at the top of the slippery slope of alcoholism). One day, a year or so back, I looked at myself in the mirror and didn't recognize the man staring back at me - that led to more eating until I realized I was just becoming more of that stranger so I decided to put a stop to it. I have 2 bad knees and a bad right foot (legacy of an injury while serving) but I was pushing myself anyway - then I started pushing myself to get rid of anger at my inability to adjust, then because I couldn't stand who I had become, then I started eating better (slightly) and found MFP to start getting my calorie goals in line.

I tried for a long time to find a relationship to, hopefully, bring stability and 'me' to my life.. but that hasn't worked. Right now I am, from observation and summation (based on what I have heard/seen from women around here), 'un-dateable' because I choose to walk everywhere (5 miles a day to/from work - not counting the time on my feet at work) - even though it is my coping mechanism and healthier than driving; this caused me, for a little while, to eat even more for 'comfort' so even extra excercise wasn't doing anything. So I have stopped trying to be someone that meets other peoples vision and just be who I was years ago. I know who I am, and it isn't the nicest person I guess - definitely not a guy to make ladies swoon (do women still do that :p) but I finally feel like I am on the road to being who I am on the inside. It is slow, but I have to be true to myself or then it just all won't have been worth it.
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    kincharles wrote: »
    I am trying to find myself again. After leaving the service I.. well, I didn't deal well with the outside world. I still don't. I cannot adjust mentally so I medicated myself - first with booze, then with food (when I found myself at the top of the slippery slope of alcoholism). One day, a year or so back, I looked at myself in the mirror and didn't recognize the man staring back at me - that led to more eating until I realized I was just becoming more of that stranger so I decided to put a stop to it. I have 2 bad knees and a bad right foot (legacy of an injury while serving) but I was pushing myself anyway - then I started pushing myself to get rid of anger at my inability to adjust, then because I couldn't stand who I had become, then I started eating better (slightly) and found MFP to start getting my calorie goals in line.

I tried for a long time to find a relationship to, hopefully, bring stability and 'me' to my life.. but that hasn't worked. Right now I am, from observation and summation (based on what I have heard/seen from women around here), 'un-dateable' because I choose to walk everywhere (5 miles a day to/from work - not counting the time on my feet at work) - even though it is my coping mechanism and healthier than driving; this caused me, for a little while, to eat even more for 'comfort' so even extra excercise wasn't doing anything. So I have stopped trying to be someone that meets other peoples vision and just be who I was years ago. I know who I am, and it isn't the nicest person I guess - definitely not a guy to make ladies swoon (do women still do that :p) but I finally feel like I am on the road to being who I am on the inside. It is slow, but I have to be true to myself or then it just all won't have been worth it.
    You are STRONG . You deserve healthy happy life . You can do it ♥
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Simple, up to now losing weight has helped me get rid of headaches. But I'm still on blood pressure medication. So huge reason to lose the last bit and keep it off.

The more I train though I've additional performance metrics I want to hit. Dead lift of 2x body weight, 500 meters row<1:50, etc..... I could keep eating, but it's fun hitting these and becoming one of the stronger/fitter girls in the gym. I enjoy being able to motivate others to train too. My starting point, was just coming to the gym, now I love it, it's just what I do, so I can't imagine thinking it's okay to put weight back on. Maybe, I might compete next year in a power luging competition, would be far easier in the lower weight class!
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    my fat face and tight pants
  • nifty50fitandlean
    nifty50fitandlean Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In November my husband came back from the doctor and had high cholesterol, was type 2 diabetic and high blood pressure. He was literally a ticking time bomb. I love him and I knew he couldn't do it without me. It's not like I didn't think I needed to lose a lot of weight, but I wasn't ready mentally. But I was less ready for us to die. Once I got past the first few weeks I began doing it for myself. I want to be fit and healthy. I want to look good in clothes and I don't want to feel like the first thing people think when they see me is that I'm fat. I have 2 kids transitioning to adulthood and I want to be around to see them have kids and be a terrific grandma. I want to feel sexy again. And I do, I feel great, I cry just about every time I go clothes shopping and can go to the regular size department.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Apart from being healthier and feeling better about myself, my 10 year highschool reunion is happening this year THAT is motivating me to move like nothing else in my life right now! :lol:
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Wish you Healthy Happy life ♥
  • nikstark
    nikstark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When my first son was born we discovered he had a very rare genetic condition. His health problems were extremely (uncontrollable seizures, trach, gtube, profound global delay). Our life revolved around caring for him and giving him the best we could until he passed away this March, which doctors said would happen at some point in his childhood.

The last three years had been nothing but stress, lack of sleep, and just outright devastating events. Id always get friendly reminders to take care of myself, even though I had no possible way of doing that. Before my son was born I weighed 135, this year I weighed 196 (four months after having my second son).

So my motivation for losing weight is my son and the rest of my family. I feel that I owe it to them to take the time to take care of myself, because I neglected to for the past three years.