• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    btw, this thread doesn't disappoint :D
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    LucasLean wrote: »
    gym4life64 wrote: »
    Based on research, there's no benefit past .82g/lb and that's with a mark-up.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Your arms look ginormous though. You on the juicy juice?

Keep reading the "research" or follow what every big guy has done? 1g of protein per pound is a MIN! In part because of the amount you need to eat.

Menno-Henselmans-Bayesian-Bodybuilding.jpg?resize=630%2C365

That works for me!^^ #thosetraps #drooling

That's way too lean for my taste
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member

[/quote]

That works for me!^^ #thosetraps #drooling[/quote]

That's way too lean for my taste[/quote]

Until you're so wide you can't fit through the doorway, you're too scrawny for me ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    this thread isnt about peanut butter... how sad... i'm out...
  • Ironandwine69

That works for me!^^ #thosetraps #drooling[/quote]

That's way too lean for my taste[/quote]

Until you're so wide you can't fit through the doorway, you're too scrawny for me ;)[/quote]

Agree.
    But I don't like that super lean/dry look.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    mathjulz wrote: »
    tattygun wrote: »
    Playing devils advocate here but OP appears to be FAR bigger than all the people in this thread who are so adamant that he's wrong.

Unless he's lying about his natty status then what gives?

Perhaps I've missed it (I'm having a hard time following the OPs stream of thought writing) but I didn't really see any stats. And the profile picture could easily be someone who is not him (a lot of people will post pictures of what they see as ideal/their goal instead of themselves).

It's because he was trolling from the start.
  • Ironandwine69
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Playing devils advocate here but OP appears to be FAR bigger than all the people in this thread who are so adamant that he's wrong.

Perhaps I've missed it (I'm having a hard time following the OPs stream of thought writing) but I didn't really see any stats. And the profile picture could easily be someone who is not him (a lot of people will post pictures of what they see as ideal/their goal instead of themselves).

Troller!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Troller!

Hahaha
  • gymzonian
    gymzonian Posts: 15 Member
    Lmao to the comment section. Anyone up for a dance break. No? Oh okay... lol
  • Tyson88Rosen
    Tyson88Rosen Posts: 7 Member
    No muscle unless on steroids? Lol
    On a healthy diet you can build up but it is certainly slower than if you cheated and took a cycle
    On a heathy diet you can increase calories gradually and most can put on approximately 8lb clean muscle per year
    The foods you eat to cut don't have to change when building, just the amounts will
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    On a healthy diet you can build up but it is certainly slower than if you cheated and took a cycle
    On a heathy diet you can increase calories gradually and most can put on approximately 8lb clean muscle per year
    The foods you eat to cut don't have to change when building, just the amounts will

I didn't see anyone claim you can't gain muscle unless you are on steroids. Care to point that comment out?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

How much dirty muscle can I put on?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member

Google "Dirty Muscle." Exactly how much can you take?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »

Actually scared to.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »

Actually scared to.

Be very afraid.
  • gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    Just my opinion, but most people don't want to put in the work. In the gym or the kitchen. Blame their lack of progress on steroids. Steroids do not build muscle! You still have to bust your azz in the gym AND the kitchen! Steroids let you recover and get back in the gym sooner. That means MORE hard heavy work! Drugs don't make a champion. Character, heart, desire, drive, even fear of failure. THAT is how you succeed
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Based on research, there's no benefit past .82g/lb and that's with a mark-up.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Your arms look ginormous though. You on the juicy juice?

Keep reading the "research" or follow what every big guy has done? 1g of protein per pound is a MIN! In part because of the amount you need to eat.

That works for me!^^ #thosetraps #drooling

That's way too lean for my taste

I have a wide range of acceptable. ;) But traps! Man! I always just want to bite them... :p
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Just my opinion, but most people don't want to put in the work. In the gym or the kitchen. Blame their lack of progress on steroids. Steroids do not build muscle! You still have to bust your azz in the gym AND the kitchen! Steroids let you recover and get back in the gym sooner. That means MORE hard heavy work! Drugs don't make a champion. Character, heart, desire, drive, even fear of failure. THAT is how you succeed

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/anabolic-steroids-muscle-growth.html/