MY SECRET TO GET BIG !!

12346»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    gym4life64 wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but most people don't want to put in the work. In the gym or the kitchen. Blame their lack of progress on steroids. Steroids do not build muscle! You still have to bust your azz in the gym AND the kitchen! Steroids let you recover and get back in the gym sooner. That means MORE hard heavy work! Drugs don't make a champion. Character, heart, desire, drive, even fear of failure. THAT is how you succeed

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/anabolic-steroids-muscle-growth.html/

Exactly. And the study linked from there: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637535

Men assigned to the non-exercise and steroid group had significant gains in both muscle mass and strength by doing nothing more than 600mg/wk and no exercise whatsoever. So yes, steroids do build muscle.

dang!

.... and all these years of training, lifting heavy and eating clean; wasted !
  • gym4life64
    gym4life64 Posts: 824 Member
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/anabolic-steroids-muscle-growth.html/[/quote]

Exactly. And the study linked from there: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637535

Men assigned to the non-exercise and steroid group had significant gains in both muscle mass and strength by doing nothing more than 600mg/wk and no exercise whatsoever. So yes, steroids do build muscle.[/quote]

So a mere 600 mg/week of testosterone will build over 17 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks without training. So a year of test and NO TRAINING I can put on 34lbs of muscle!!??!! And people believe that? Seriously. Think about that. No training and 34lbs
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member

Men assigned to the non-exercise and steroid group had significant gains in both muscle mass and strength by doing nothing more than 600mg/wk and no exercise whatsoever. So yes, steroids do build muscle.

So a mere 600 mg/week of testosterone will build over 17 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks without training. So a year of test and NO TRAINING I can put on 34lbs of muscle!!??!! And people believe that? Seriously. Think about that. No training and 34lbs[/quote]

Where are you getting that number? It simply says that men who take testosterone and didn't exercise had more gains than those who didn't take testosterone or exercise. It also says those who took T and exercised had more gains than either non-exercise group (and gained muscle mass).

No one here is advocating taking any performance enhancing drugs. The whole point is that you need to put in the work. Most of the people talking about gaining muscle/getting big (and not living in the gym while you do it) have actually done it.

• gym4life64
    mathjulz wrote: »

So a mere 600 mg/week of testosterone will build over 17 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks without training. So a year of test and NO TRAINING I can put on 34lbs of muscle!!??!! And people believe that? Seriously. Think about that. No training and 34lbs

Where are you getting that number? It simply says that men who take testosterone and didn't exercise had more gains than those who didn't take testosterone or exercise. It also says those who took T and exercised had more gains than either non-exercise group (and gained muscle mass).

No one here is advocating taking any performance enhancing drugs. The whole point is that you need to put in the work. Most of the people talking about gaining muscle/getting big (and not living in the gym while you do it) have actually done it.

[/quote]

That number was in the article. Cut and pasted right from it. Also, I wasn't the one who posted the article in the first place. My original statement was that most people don't or are not willing to put in the work. But hey, what do I know.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2017
    That number was in the article. Cut and pasted right from it. Also, I wasn't the one who posted the article in the first place. My original statement was that most people don't or are not willing to put in the work. But hey, what do I know .

Learn to quote.

There would be a point of diminishing returns... with or without exercise and with or without anabolics. So no, obviously you would not be able to continuously gain 17 lbs of lbm every 20 week cycle.

In your original statement you also cited that "steroids don't build muscle", which I pointed out was inaccurate based off the listed studies and article.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    A natty can gain on average maybe 12-15 pounds of muscle their first year - if they eat properly, lift properly, rest properly. If they overtrain - undertrain - try to lean gain - recomp it can be much less. Every year after that first year this number goes significantly south. There is a "genetic" cap for a natural, where you just won't gain any more LBM no matter how hard you train. However, let's look at what on average, you can achieve in a simple 8 week cycle....

"How Much Mass Gains Can Be Expected in a Steroid Cycle?
    December 29, 2014 By Bill Roberts

Q: “How much mass gains can be expected in a steroid cycle? Obviously later cycles won’t yield as much as the first cycle, but overall how does it work?”

A: In a first cycle, retained muscle gains can be as high as 10 lb for the first two weeks of use, or 20 lb or somewhat better for 8 weeks of use. This is assuming well-constructed cycles and appropriate eating.

In the two-week cycle case, the novice can typically get another 5 lb of retained muscle mass per cycle, up to at least the 25 lb net gain point.

In the eight-week cycle case, a second cycle will often yield only another 5-10 lb of retained muscle mass.

Once retained gains have reached typically 25-30 lb over natural best, then further gains typically will slow greatly. This really isn’t because of the number of cycles done, but because of how far one has gone past one’s natural maximum. These numbers are not hard limits. Some do much better.

At some point, gains may very well slow to for example 3 lb per year. For example, that was Lee Haney’s average between his first and last Mr Olympia.

Where major losses have occurred, regains can be very fast, just as fast as beginner gains or even moreso. Slight losses from one’s peak however are often slow to be regained.

In all cases, by retained muscle gains I mean the difference in bodyweight when “off” where bodyfat is equal, or in LBM when “off” if correction is being made for bodyfat changes.

During the cycle itself, bodyweight can be 8-10 lb or so greater than this, due to increases in water retention in the muscles. This weight is rapidly lost at the end of the cycle, and doesn’t represent actual increase in contractile protein. But it is scale weight that is readily noticed during the cycle, and which enhances muscular appearance."

We are talking WEEKS to MONTHS here. Not multiple years. Yes, I still contend that gains like this require hard work, proper nutrition on top of the drugs used.

meh, I'm not sure why we are discussing this. lol. I guess it's a sore spot with me. Most of the people I *know* use steroids won't admit that use to anybody and the ones that do are adamant that they could of gotten the same results being natural - but it would have just taken a "little" longer.

I really don't care if someone is "enhanced"... I just disagree that it's just a "shortcut" - it's much more - and I get irritated when I hear the mantra "work harder, bruh. Eat MOAR" like that is the only thing missing from my routine. ;)
  • gym4life64
    "" But steroids alone worked better: 6.6 pounds LBM in the same 10 weeks"" next paragraph ""So a mere 600 mg/week of testosterone will build over 17 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks without training. The highest group also showed a 75% gain in leg press strength. Without training. Just let that sink in. For many males this is a year’s worth of gains if they are lucky. In 20 weeks. Without training. Just drugs. Awesome. "" Then ""Will steroids keep building muscle forever so you gain and gain? Probably not although the one longer study is suggestive."" So yes or no?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2017
    "" But steroids alone worked better: 6.6 pounds LBM in the same 10 weeks"" next paragraph ""So a mere 600 mg/week of testosterone will build over 17 lbs of muscle in 20 weeks without training. The highest group also showed a 75% gain in leg press strength. Without training. Just let that sink in. For many males this is a year’s worth of gains if they are lucky. In 20 weeks. Without training. Just drugs. Awesome. "" Then ""Will steroids keep building muscle forever so you gain and gain? Probably not although the one longer study is suggestive."" So yes or no?

It means, probably not, but possibly.... Again, it doesn't explicitly say 17 lbs of lbm every single cycle. Is a .001 lbm increase still gaining?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

It means, probably not, but possibly.... Again, it doesn't explicitly say 17 lbs of lbm every single cycle. Is a .001 lbm increase still gaining?

Nope. It's only gainz if you're killing yourself in the gym and super jacked bro. Stop being lazy and making excuses ;)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2017

You're extrapolating. The study didn't say that and nobody else claimed that. Whether you're natty or not, gains don't indefinitely continue on the same scale. If they did, we'd have bodybuilders as big as pickup trucks by now and powerlifters with lift totals in the 3-4 ton range.

You're not wrong that many people don't want to put in the work (insert Ronnie Coleman quote here). But you are wrong in your contention that steroids don't build muscle. It's been proven otherwise.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    This thread has not disappointed. Bravo!

I guess the OP bailed?
  • usmcmp
    Hornsby wrote: »
    This thread has not disappointed. Bravo!

I guess the OP bailed?

Long ago, when he realized we weren't miscers.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    mathjulz wrote: »

That number was in the article. Cut and pasted right from it. Also, I wasn't the one who posted the article in the first place. My original statement was that most people don't or are not willing to put in the work. But hey, what do I know.

Hmmm. I only read the study abstract. My bad.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    you guys got trolled so hard lol RIP
  • usmcmp
    you guys got trolled so hard lol RIP

He may have been trolling, but someone was going to come along and think he was giving great advice and try to follow it.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    If anyone read that post and took his advice, they'd almost deserve it lol