Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hilarious... i did not mean to write 'kitten' above. I actually wrote a swear word which it looks like MFP has censored....
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Hilarious... i did not mean to write 'kitten' above. I actually wrote a swear word which it looks like MFP has censored....

Hahaha looks funny because it looks like you said you ended up eating cake because your colleague brought in a kitten

There's ways round it, I use symbols lol e.g. *kitten*, fu€k, etc.
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Today I'm going to the pub with friends for dinner - always a dangerous occasion but I'm not going to allow myself any alcohol this time. If I fail on this one, can you guys tell me off tomorrow please?!

I'm onto you now!
    I told Joan off the other day!!

You can do it! And you will feel a great sense of achievement if you do.
    Ill be looking out for your post later!

Er... so I did end up drinking. I decided to swop my no alcohol day to another day. But that's not really good enough so please do tell me off...

This week I'm not drinking on Monday, Tuesday and either Wed or Thu. I'm not allowed to carry any over to next week!! (Or to the weekend as I'm going away with friends so it's totally unrealistic to think I won't drink then)

Well, that's disappointing.

Ahah I'm joking!
    At least your swapping for another, just as long as you don't drink on that day :lol:
    And good that you're keeping realistic goals too!

Yeah and as long as it doesn't happen too often - I got into a bad habit of pushing back the days too often in December and I ended up in a situation where I wasn't supposed to drink for about 3 weeks over the Christmas period!!! (So obviously I just gave up). I reckon carrying one day over to the next week is prob ok but any more than that is asking for trouble!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options

Today I'm going to the pub with friends for dinner - always a dangerous occasion but I'm not going to allow myself any alcohol this time. If I fail on this one, can you guys tell me off tomorrow please?!

I'm onto you now!

Er... so I did end up drinking. I decided to swop my no alcohol day to another day. But that's not really good enough so please do tell me off...

This week I'm not drinking on Monday, Tuesday and either Wed or Thu. I'm not allowed to carry any over to next week!! (Or to the weekend as I'm going away with friends so it's totally unrealistic to think I won't drink then)

Ahah I'm joking!
    At least your swapping for another, just as long as you don't drink on that day :lol:

Yeah and as long as it doesn't happen too often - I got into a bad habit of pushing back the days too often in December and I ended up in a situation where I wasn't supposed to drink for about 3 weeks over the Christmas period!!! (So obviously I just gave up). I reckon carrying one day over to the next week is prob ok but any more than that is asking for trouble!!!

Whaaaat you tried to reduce over the Xmas period?!
    I drank in December, but did dry January (not a drop!!)
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Stayed true with no alcohol, and today I'm focusing on water. I need to drink more water. Aiming for 8 glasses today.

And Bex953172, so sorry about your gran.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

Goals for 6/5/17

1. Stay in green :/
    2. Prelog food for the day :) I did this but ended up eating a bunch of snacks after dinner so it didnt really help much
    3. Go for a walk on my break from work :/ It was pouring out all day, which I didnt expect
    5. Go for a walk after dinner tonight :/ See above
    6. Be in bed with the lights and tablet off by 10pm :/ Got caught up watching Playoff Hockey!

So yesterday was total rubbish I guess. Didnt get a single true smiley face! How sad is that? But I did have a GREAT day at work. Lol Even with a hiccup when I was closing my drawer for the night I still had a great day! Just one more month! And then I'll be right where I want to be! I just have to push through and do the best I can. I need to put these last two weeks behind me and just keep on doing what needs to be done. I have to ask for help when I need it and remember to use the functions on my teller menu that I have available to me!

So here are my goals for 6/6

1. Stay in the green and log ALL of my food
    2. Prelog food for today
    3. Dont make any mistakes at work
    4. Ask for help when I need it
    5. Dont cry if I get fired today
    6. Go to the gym after work
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner
    8. Spend some time with the hubby.
    9. Be in bed by 11:30(I'm off tomorrow)

Have a great day everyone!
  • bookmeister86
    Options

I'm onto you now!

Ahah I'm joking!

Whaaaat you tried to reduce over the Xmas period?!
    I drank in December, but did dry January (not a drop!!)

No I tried to cut back in late November / early December but because I kept pushing my 'alcohol days' back I ended up with a big block of 'no alcohol' days all together! (Which I decided just to ignore and start again in Jan)

I did dry January a few years ago - it was rubbish, I'm not doing that again! :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

My youngest is home sick so no gym for me...unless I go tonight when husband gets home late. This will be one of those "when the rubber meets the road" days where I'm going to have to keep myself in check re: snacking.

Pretracked most meals/snacks.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Doing exercises in living room. Check for workout info on TV.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar & latest podcast.
    Will walk dog for 20 mins at park-possibly this eve.
    Had to cancel am workout, my gym pal will be surprised if I do an evening workout without her.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    Read something for inspiration look into the menopause/weight gain connection. Still need to do this!
    Need to read up on reps/sets on weights to see which is best. My last trainer said to do 1 set of 15 reps (by 15 I'm barely completing the weight), the trainer at my at a new affiliated gym with brand new equipment is saying 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

Have a great day everyone!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options

Yes, MFP censors certain words in the community threads. It took me a while to figure that out, reading other threads, but sometimes the word 'kitten' makes it so funny!

@Bex953172 so sorry about your nan...hugs and prayers for you and your family.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support!
    Tbh I'm okay about it.
    It was quick, painless, she was 83 and she was happy and smiley before it happened.
    My dads really upset,especially as it was his last living parent.
    Someone's got to be level headed about it all.

Dear Bex,
    I am sorry to learn that your lost your grandmother. (When I hear that I want to say did you find her, but that's just not right.) I had very strong grandmothers and I don't mean in health particularly, but one lived to her mid 90's and one to 102. They passed away over a decade ago, but I still think of them regularly and how they would like to see all the things we are doing today. I expect she enjoyed you and your children immensely. My sympathy to your father. Between my husband and I we have only my mother left. I am fortunate that her health and circumstances are both good. I will be devastated when she dies.

Would you like to tell us something about your Nan? What made her special for you?

With sympathy,
    Chris
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap M 6/5
    1) Food & snacks already pre-logged except dinner...keep net calories in the green = No :/ I did ok until evening, when I hit some of the leftover Easter chocolate then ate pretzels b/c I still felt hungry. :s
    2) Focus at work today, really want to wrap up current project before the end of the week. = Making good progress. :smiley:
    3) Have snack with protein toward end of work day, before 5:00 hair appt. Supper will be late tonight. = I did ok, ate as planned, but light supper caused later (unplanned) snacking. :s
    4) Make rhubarb crisp in evening = done and brought to work to share T :smiley:
    5) Sort laundry, have ready to wash/hang on line before work T a.m. = done :smile:
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off...need to get sleep back on track, weekend is always a balancing act with my and hubby's different work / sleep hours. This week, I want to walk dog before work T, W and R. The Bellin 10K is 8 a.m. on Sat. = 10:45 :/

Just for T 6/6 - Today will be a little tough to track. I have an all-afternoon planning meeting for my professional association, with round trip drive of 1 hour. The meeting starts with lunch provided, which I think is a taco bar. Oh bother.
    1) Track food as best I can for lunch and eat healthy for supper
    2) Drink 10 glasses of water
    3) Walk dog before work = 2.34 miles :smiley:
    4) Wash / hang clothes on line before work = 2 loads on line, need to fold tonight
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    JFT, Monday
    1. prelog all food for today - plan ahead :)
    2. drink water :)
    3. log what I eat :)
    4. mow grass - this will take me 2+ hrs! so lots of calories burned :)
    5. eat smart tonite when eating out when my friend :)
    6. get together fabric to share with others :)

JFT, TUes
    1. plan tomorrow meals - at least dinner. Did this last nite - trying to make this a daily habit. Lunch and breakfast are easy - its dinnertime, and nite time snacks that I have a hard time with unplanned eating
    2. drink water
    3. log all food
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. Already got this done today - yah! 60 min on treadmill
    5. go to zumba class tonite
    6. read response cards
    7. eat only when sitting down
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    I'm so lost I don't even know if I posted goals yesterday or not! LOL. I need some routine back in my crazy life. Just found out I have to have knee surgery next week on Tuesday, so that will be two weeks off work, which will put me two more weeks behind! No pressure! :dizzy:

Just for Tuesday
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate 80 oz
    3. Read my cards
    4. Only eat sitting down
    5. Deep breaths. Remain calm. Find my inner strength.
    6. Leave and take a real lunch break
    7. Remember, you can only do so much. You are one person. Just do your best
    8. Read Simple Abundance and/or listen to podcast
    9. Take a walk or go to gym to de-stress.
    9. Bed early

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    Work was absolutely amazing! It was nice and calm, peaceful and unbelievably stress-free! That hasnt happened since I've been at that branch. Not a single screw up, and got all of my questions answered without and backlash or harsh looks! It was just great! Now the reason it went so well was because my manager and my supervisor were both out of the branch. My manager had a really bad family emergency and might not be back until next month, which really really sucks for her and her family. Though, it's good for me(is that heartless?) and my supervisor was at training up north. So it was me, a floater that is absolutely amazing, and a supervisor from the Brick branch which I love. Plus the meeting I was supposed to have concerning my writeup followup got postponed for 2 weeks so I have two more weeks to prove my worth! So all of this is just turning out to be great! It really took a touch from God and a great day to change my outlook. I went into the branch this morning with a new outlook on life, thinking that whatever happened happened and DH and I would go from there. But there was no need to go there! Woohoo! Plus I'm off tomorrow!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So here are my goals for 6/6

1. Stay in the green and log ALL of my food :DLogged all my food but ate about 400 in the red because I was a snacking fiend
    2. Prelog food for today :)Did this up until dinner. Didnt prelog dinner because I didnt know what I was going to make and then went on a total snacking binge after dinner
    3. Dont make any mistakes at work B)
    4. Ask for help when I need it B)
    5. Dont cry if I get fired today o:)DIDNT GET FIRED!!!!
    6. Go to the gym after work :/I really should have brought my clothes with me to work, then I probably would have gone, but by the time I got home, I really didnt want to go back out
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner :)
    8. Spend some time with the hubby. :|Kind of but not really. Spent time with him this afternoon, but ended up going and doing laundry up at the house and spent about two hours up there with my parents.
    9. Be in bed by 11:30(I'm off tomorrow) :)I'll probably be in bed by 10pm, I'm so spent

So here are the goals for 6/7/17

1. Log all food and stay in the green
    2. Actually go to the gym
    3. Pick up my meds(forgot to do this today and dont have anymore!)
    4. Finish the laundry
    5. Pick up the house
    6. Work on formatting my book to publish on the weekend
    7. Make a yummy dinner
    8. Meal planning and shopping list
    9. Bed by 10:30pm

Gonna be a long day tomorrow, but the DH closes. So I get a morning with him and then an afternoon/evening to get all my work done around the house!

• Bex953172
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your support!
    Tbh I'm okay about it.
    It was quick, painless, she was 83 and she was happy and smiley before it happened.
    My dads really upset,especially as it was his last living parent.
    Someone's got to be level headed about it all.

Dear Bex,
    I am sorry to learn that your lost your grandmother. (When I hear that I want to say did you find her, but that's just not right.) I had very strong grandmothers and I don't mean in health particularly, but one lived to her mid 90's and one to 102. They passed away over a decade ago, but I still think of them regularly and how they would like to see all the things we are doing today. I expect she enjoyed you and your children immensely. My sympathy to your father. Between my husband and I we have only my mother left. I am fortunate that her health and circumstances are both good. I will be devastated when she dies.

Would you like to tell us something about your Nan? What made her special for you?

With sympathy,
    Chris

This made me smile :-)
    If you picture the perfect nan then that was her, she was kind, warm, funny, gave the best hugs, generous, caring and just full of love!
    It never upset her if you didn't visit much, she understood that I struggle to find the time with my family and she was just happy with a phone call to know she wasn't forgotten!
    She's my favourite nan and I'm going to miss her a lot!

• bookmeister86
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita - if I am HUNGRY :)
    - Choose healthy lunch :)
    - Be in the green with 200 deficit :)
    - Exercise class after work :)
    - No alcohol :)
    - Listen to music to boost mood and focus :)
    - If getting stressed, make a cup of tea or meditate rather than eating :) Didn't get stressed!
    - Get top priority activity DONE before starting on anything else :)
    - Leave work by 6.30 LATEST (which means start clearing emails/ updating to-do by 6) :/ Actually 7.45 but I'd spend 1h15 on exercise class which I forgot about when I wrote the target. So that is ok, but not ideal as I really shouldn't leave late regardless of exercise class

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks
    - Choose small portions at friends' dinner
    - No alcohol (buy tasty soft drink)

- Listen to music to boost mood and focus
    - Go for run/walk at lunch
    - Work through to-do list productively (no perfectionism!)
    - At same time, don't stress if am not going to get everything done. It's probably an ambitious list
    - Finish work by 5.30 LATEST (which means start clearing emails/ updating to-do by 5)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap T 6/6 - Tues. was a little tough to track. I had an all-afternoon planning meeting for my professional association, with round trip drive of 1 hour. The meeting started with lunch provided, which was a taco bar. Oh bother.
    1) Track food as best I can for lunch and eat healthy for supper = not bad, net calories -59 so I'll take it :smile:
    2) Drink 10 glasses of water = 10 :smiley: need to make sure I hydrate this week before race on Sat.
    3) Walk dog before work = 2.34 miles :smiley:
    4) Wash / hang clothes on line before work = 2 loads on line, need to fold tonight...done, including all socks and undies in the dryer :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = not so much, since I went outside and watched the International Space Station fly over our neighborhood at 10:39...so cool :o

Just for today W 6/7 - a more "normal" day
    1) Pre-logged all food / snacks except dinner, keep net calories in the green
    2) Hydrate...at least 10 glasses
    3) Walked dog before work = 3.02 miles, beautiful morning, saw our pair of ducks again :smiley:
    4) Evening, fill planters, remember to boil eggs, start meal planning / grocery list
    5) Bedtime 10:15 & TV off...seriously, need to sleep earlier!
  • Saragirl2
    Options

Bex953172 sorry to hear of the loss of your nan. She sounds lovely & strong all in one. I lost my grandmother a few months ago and at 97, hers was a life to celebrate! We cried & laughed, such good memories to carry me on those days when I feel the need to pick up the phone and hear her voice. I hope you also have wonderful memories to comfort you. Stay strong for your dad, I call my mom every few days to see how she's doing as they were so close. Thinking of you and your family.

• Saragirl2
    Options

So...the comment about "the rubber meeting the road"? Let's just say that the car didn't even leave the garage! :(
    Didn't exercise or eat healthy-so today's another day and I'm tracking and heading out the door w/dog in 10 mins.

My youngest is home sick so no gym for me...unless I go tonight when husband gets home late. This will be one of those "when the rubber meets the road" days where I'm going to have to keep myself in check re: snacking.

Pretracked most meals/snacks.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Will walk dog for 20 mins.
    Weight lifting a gym-35 mins.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    Read something for inspiration look into the menopause/weight gain connection. Still need to do this!
    Need to read up on reps/sets on weights to see which is best. My last trainer said to do 1 set of 15 reps (by 15 I'm barely completing the weight), the trainer at my at a new affiliated gym with brand new equipment is saying 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

When I withdraw from my support system & tracking, I gain weight. This is the time I need to lean in, contribute & ask for help!