Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    @Saragirl2 Welcome to the group! Where can I find the webinar you mentioned? It sounds like it's worth listening to.
  • dph118
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I have so much to catch up on! Welcome to all new joiners! I love how we inspire each other - and I know for me, getting on here keeps me focused! So thank you all for all the inspiration, new ideas, etc! By the end of this year, think of how great we are all doing to feel!! We can do this!!

I couldn't agree with you more! This thread is really helping me to stay focused and motivated! Thanks so much everyone for all of the great posts. This is my favorite part of my day! Welcome aboard to those new to the group!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • dph118

Got second health test result back today. All is normal. Thank you all who helped me not get anxious while I awaited the results.

This is wonderful news! I am so glad everything is okay. That anxiety of the unknown is awful!
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

Just for today: Wednesday

7 glasses of water- :)
    Log!! Really need to see how far off track I really am...- :)
    Compliment coworkers. Rough day yesterday, they could use a boost- :)
    Start catching up at work- I'm trying!!!!!
    Pack one box. Kitchen or bedroom- :/ watched a baby instead. Flimsy excuse lol

Just for today: Thursday

7 glasses water
    Focus and accomplish!
    Declutter a corner or pack a box

Yesterday was a nice stress free day... can I go two in a row?
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited April 2017
    04-25-17
    • :) Two mile walk - time first mile.
    • :) Drink water before each meal (a challenge group thing)

04-26-17
    • Drink water before each meal (a challenge group thing)
    • Finish RT-6 wire entries (work stuff)
    • Be in bed no later than 11:00

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    @Saragirl2 Hi! Welcome! The Half Size Me webinar you mention...is that a Podcast? I recently started listening to a few a day at work or when I walk, and most of them are inspirational and I really am hooked on them now. Wondering if this is another one I should

Joan6630 & OConnell5483,
    Half Size Me is the name of the podcast & it is free. Heather Robertson releases a new podcast every Monday am. Personally I enjoy the episodes where she interviews someone. You can check out her website. In addition to the free podcast I pay a monthly subscription I to be part of the HSM Community for extra support & have access to Heather's webinars (listen to over 250 prerecorded), access to the closed FB group & any courses available. Heather's approach is all about no gimmicks, being healthy & losing weight with a maintainer's mentality so we can live with the choices we're making & keep the weight off forever. I love the fact that I can listen to a podcast/webinar while I walk, workout, chores, etc. If anyone needs help setting up podcasts, let me know. A lot of her guests are active on MFP!!

One of my favorite episodes features "Betty Lou". Sure to put a smile on your face.

Hope you check it out.
    Sara
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap W 4/26 - rainy weather moving in, hair appt. after work, so no dog walk :/
    1) Total net calories w/i 100 of daily goal = big fail :s
    2) Finish three things on to-do list in evening = 3 completed, started another (would've finished, but Kitty curled up in my lap for nap) :smile:
    3) Floss = yes Day 4 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = another night to bed late...can't keep doing this, I'll be dragging by evening :/

JFT Th 4/27 - rainy day, skipping lunchtime hike at work, choir tonight ....squeeze in short walk with dog if rain ends
    1) Net calories <100 over daily goal
    2) Take stairs breaks during workday >25 flights
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • Smithbat
    Smithbat Posts: 16 Member
    Smithbat wrote: »
    H everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining your thread.

My goals JFT 27/4/17

1. Drink only one cup of coffee and three of tea. Rest will be water or fruit tea Done and I am very proud of myself[b[/b]
    2. Go for a bike ride after work when frost has gone It was raining instead and I was late finishing, this weather needs to make its mind up
    3. Make lunch for work tonight instead of tomorrow morning Just about to do it.
    4. Do not buy the sweets at workTotally resisted!!!
    5. Make sure I complete over my 8k goal for steps7.1k so far but my living room will now become my stepping area

4/5 is not bad for the first day.
  • run2chill
    run2chill Posts: 14 Member
    My goal is to be kind to myself and bless others today x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    4/27

Got second health test result back today. All is normal. Thank you all who helped me not get anxious while I awaited the results.

So happy all tests are OK. I know how stressful it can be waiting for results!
  • mytime6630
    JFT Thursday 4/27/17
    1. Log Every Bite
    2. Go to Jazzercise
    3. Plan/Prepare Evening Food Right After Lunch
    4. Take a Nap
    5. One Declutter Task

Karen in Virginia

Nice to see you back Karen! We missed you!
  • mytime6630
    Life has really been getting in the way of my morning goal-setting lately. I've been doing pretty well at setting and complying with them in my head though. :)

Today I am working from my parents' house (an hour and a half away from where I live) because my dad had something urgent to do in another city and my mom can't be left alone. She has some kind of serious heart issue going on and is in the process of getting a diagnosis...but she is getting worse, so we don't want to leave her alone for a whole day. This aging parents thing is not for the faint of heart. I am really missing having siblings around to help.

I am sure it is very stressful helping aging parents, especially when you are the only one to help with no siblings to help you out. So proud of you for doing it though - something you will never regret, and your kindness will pay itself back to you someday. I hope things get a little easier for you - thats a lot to go through.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Just for Wednesday:
    1. Stay in the green :)Yes! Finally!
    2. Stay in a place of peace and not anxiety. Keep things in perspective. Deep breaths. ;)I did stay calm and felt pretty peaceful, but at the same time had some underlying tension. How is that even possible?
    3. Get up every hour and walk away from desk, grab another cup of water :sNope. Work, work, work...
    4. Complete Phase II tasks that are due. Complete patient build for MST project. Attend meetings via Skype with a smile on my face and a smile in my voice. :DKept smile in my voice and on my face but had so many meetings that I really didn't get much done on my project.
    5. Be a positive influence in my department. Everyone is stressed. :DI think I have been successful at this since everyone has been coming to me for help on their projects when they get stuck.
    6. One random act of kindness :DYup! More than one
    7. Unplug one hour before bed, read and journal. :sNope. Worked late and couldn't turn off the wheels turning in my brain...

Just for Thursday, 4/27/17
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Water intake, increase by 10 oz over yesterday
    3. Step goal: More than yesterday!
    4. Listen to a Half Size Me podcast
    5. Prep for work tomorrow, tonight: Lunch, clothes, laptop bag
    6. Create a realistic Must-Do list from my current To-Do list. Top 3 things to complete for work tomorrow.
    5. Read, relax and unplug one hour before bed.
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member

Jft for 4/27
    1. To-do list
    2. Cardio for 20 min
    3. Eat a healthy dinner
    4. Plan dinner for the next day
    5. Write to-do list for the next day
    6. Write goals for the next day

It was tough to get these done earlier, but I did it!

JFT for 4/28
    -Complete to-do list
    -Pick up healthy dinner food and snacks at supermarket
    -Plan Monday's healthy dinner
    -Strength training (20 min)
    -Make sure up and dressed by 8 am
    -Write jft and to-do list for next day
  • shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

Just for today: Thursday

7 glasses water- :)
    Focus and accomplish!-somewhat
    Declutter a corner or pack a box- :s

Yesterday was a nice stress free day... can I go two in a row?
    Nope.

Just for today: Friday

Pack something. Anything. Or throw it away lol
    Focus on work and not every thing else
    Water 7 glasses
    Log

Been showing the house every other day. Ugh. Hard to stay on track. Need to focus on my health!

Happy Friday
  • dph118
    Thursday goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300. :smile:
    2. Keep carbs under 20g. :smile:
    3. Water! Water! Water! :smile: Made it, just barely.
    4. Meet step goal. :smile:
    5. Do one other kind of exercise to mix it up. :frowning: Too many appointments. Grrr. Didn't fit this one in.
    6. Work on baby blanket. :smile:
    7. Create German style CV. :confounded: I thought about it, but didn't even get started! UGH!

Friday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g.
    3. Drink lots of water!
    4. Meet step goal.
    5. Work on baby blanket.
    6. Work on files.
    7. Get that CV started!