Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »

Does anyone else want to join me in every sunday posting our weight? Maybe we can encourage each other more that way?

I weigh in weekly with a 2017 year-long thread "2017-52-Pounds-in-52-Weeks-Challenge"

and with two short term challenge groups. I don't think I can keep up with another.

All are welcome at the 2017-52-pounds-in-52-weeks-challenge
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2017
    Missed you all!

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Preplanned all suppers this week. Tonight it's veggie lasagna & salad w/low sugar Apple crisp.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 10pm.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walked dog 30 mins.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-prob 40 mins.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 10 cups of water - heat wave until tomorrow.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    Read something for inspiration look into the menopause/weight gain connection. Still need to do this!
    After listening to podcast that focused on the science of building muscle & weight training for fat loss & also discussing with trainer, I need to change up my routine to 2-3 sets of lifting, 10-12 reps.
    Shop for Wike (new or used). I would like challenge myself by biking for local errands as much as possible for summer months.
    Looking into a boxing gym for my son, maybe I should check out what they have for me??

I have to force change on myself sometimes & allow myself time to adapt & accept.

The pics I posted below...
    I wanted to share the view of Boston from the path at a park I walk with Scout. Every time I see the "heart healthy trail" sign I'm reminded why I do this.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @OConnell5483 Good luck for your op - I think you said it was tomorrow? Hope all goes well and that you recover quickly. Also hope you managed to get all the work done that you wanted. If you didn't, then try not to worry about it - your health (both physical and mental) is far more important than any work project! Make sure you rest and take care of yourself :)

Thank you! Yes, it is in the morning (Tuesday). I didn't get nearly enough done at work and you're right...I'm stressing out about it. But I am hoping that by being off for two weeks, I can go back less stressed and maybe I'll be able to attack those projects with with a new outlook. One can always hope, right? LOL! I told them today in a meeting that I would try to come back in a week instead of two and they all told me to take the two weeks and not to worry about work, so I'll try! Thanks for remembering and for the good wishes!

P.S. My husband says I'll do anything to get out of work...maybe he's right? LOL!

By all means, take two weeks! Focus on rest and recovery for yourself. And let hubby pamper you. :smile:

• cschmitz110515
    6. I skipped the gym today - so discouraged. But ... tonite I am going to try and go to a zumba class. I know I am still eating too much , but I can't stop the exercise. If I were not doing the exercise I am, the scale would be up 5 pounds instead of 2. So .... keep doing what I am doing ..... just watch and be aware of what I eat better!

But ... even though the scale is not moving, I was able to wear a pair of shorts that used to be tight. So I am hoping the exercise is helping with inches. Just want the scale to move also!
    Gee --- sorry this is so long again!!

Thanks to all who are going to post your weight. I am hoping we call all really encourage each other !

Besides weighing yourself, are you taking measurements periodically? Are more of your clothes feeling looser? Because even if the scale doesn't move, you could be losing inches all over, especially with all your activity. For me, even though I haven't lost lots of weight, I know I'm in better shape b/c my normal work pants are getting really baggy around my thighs. And shirts that used to be more form-fitted are also getting baggy. There's more than the scale to tell how you're doing. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat!
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap - Ok, back on track JFT M 6/12
    1) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green = Yay! 72 in the green :smiley:
    2) Review hot-weather recipes / create meal options for week = found recipes I had forgotten all about :smiley:
    3) Another hot & humid day, walk > 25 flights of stairs at work = 28 :smiley:
    4) Brew tea for iced tea = done & drinking it at work today :smiley:
    5) Make hummingbird syrup and hang feeder = done but had to wait for thunderstorm to pass to hang feeder :smile:
    6) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = pretty darn close 10:16 :smiley:

Just realized this week will be a bit challenging, meal-wise. Tomorrow is happy hour w/ friends & former work colleagues, with adult beverages / supper. All day Thursday and half day Friday, attending a conference, with breakfast & lunch provided each day. This year the conference is local, so I don't have to stay for the dinner on Thurs. Sat. afternoon is niece's graduation party, again adult beverages / food. I'll make the best choices I can, and not eat everything "because it's there / free". Also, limit the adult beverages, since that weakens my resolve. Not sure about logging all the food, will be lots of guestimates.

Just for today T 6/13
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in the green
    3) Evening, cut up veggies for lunch / snacks, boil eggs, make rhubarb sauce
    4) Home chores...wash towels and wash dishes
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Good morning good morning!

I already posted my goals for the day but I wanted to check in anyway and wish you all a splendid day and to wish @OConnell5483 good luck with her surgery! Keep a smile on your face and take good care of yourself!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    This is such an inspirational thread. Best wishes to all.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »

Planned all meals for today so fruit and veg are taken care of. DH found the boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.69 /pound, therefore we are having a chicken week.

Monday Roast chicken, roast brussels sprouts, tomatoes
    Tuesday Roast chicken, roast red potatoes, sauteed asparagus
    Wednesday Chicken and Rice Bake, big Salad
    Thursday Salad with leftover roast chicken chunks
    Friday something on the grill. BBQ chicken breast probably.

Come the weekend I am going to need a big piece of red meat. (obviously I am not a vegetarian.)

Great job in preplanning your meals!! This is what I need to be doing. Thank you for sharing - always love to see what others are eating, and gives me ideas!
  • mytime6630
    edited June 2017
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed you all!

I have to force change on myself sometimes & allow myself time to adapt & accept.

I wanted to share the view of Boston from the path at a park I walk with Scout. Every time I see the "heart healthy trail" sign I'm reminded why I do this.

LOVE your new profile picture!! And thanks for sharing the pictures of the paths -- looks beautiful!
  • mytime6630
    Yesterday
    1. log all food -- I have been terrible at this again :)
    2. no sugar. Get those cravings out of my system :)
    3. read my response cards to remind me of WHY I want to lose weight :)
    4. Success brings success. Everytime we resist the urge to give into cravings, we become stronger. Don't give in to cravings today. It will get better :)
    5. drink water :) Did much better - drank water in the evening instead of grabbing junk food!
    6. I skipped the gym today - so discouraged. But ... tonite I am going to try and go to a zumba class. I know I am still eating too much , but I can't stop the exercise. If I were not doing the exercise I am, the scale would be up 5 pounds instead of 2. So .... keep doing what I am doing ..... just watch and be aware of what I eat better! :) Made it to zumba class -- a different instructor, and man, did I get a workout in!! She was so fast! But ... I felt so much better doing it!

A much better day yesterday ..... changing the mindset!! Made it to the gym already this morning - 60 minutes on the treadmill, and 60 minutes mowing the grass --- and --- it is 94 degrees out already!!! But ... at least its done now!

JFt, Tuesday
    1. drink water
    2. healthy eating
    3. clean house
    4. already mowed grass and went to the gym, but lay out clothes for tomorrow morning
    5. read response cards

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    6/13 Tuesday JFT:
    [Switch Tues. And Wed. Schedules]

Attend classes
    Run errands (mail, wash Jeep, bank)
    Physics HW and exam prep
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Yoga 40 min.
    Intro. Kid's Yoga
    Log meals on MFP
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Bedtime by midnight
  • HGSmith0920
    1. Sleep until 10 am at the LATEST :)Set the alarm for 9:30 and actually got up when it went off!!!
    2. Go to the gym and do some strength training :|Went to the gym and did my normal cardio workout but didnt do any strength training so I guess this was a 50/50
    3. Drink 64oz of water <3More like 96 and I'm still going!
    4. Do chores(dishes/laundry/general house cleaning) <3Did 5 loads of laundry, all the dishes, and cleaned everything but the bathroom
    5. Work on formatting short story :#
    6. Start outline for novel :#
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner with a yummy green veggie <3
    8. Spend time with the DH <3
    9. Bed by 10 pm B)Probably. Very tired today!

Well the day was fairly uneventful. Lots of cleaning and some running around! Went to the gym finally! Did my normal cardio(as stated above lol) but didnt really do anything else. Walked probably 3/4 of a mile walking between my house and my parents to change my laundry. But it was INSANELY hot today! Like 101F kind of heat. It was terrible!

But as for tomorrows goals!

1. Log all that I eat
    2. Keep till balanced
    3. Ask for help if I need it
    4. Have a great, stress free day at work
    5. Do some kind of exercise after work(gym/dance video/walk)
    6. Clean bathroom
    7. Make yummy dinner w/ green veggie!
    8. Spend time working on writings
    9. Bed by 10pm
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Tuesday:
    1. Plan and pre-track exercise for the rest of the week
    2. Swim a mile
    3. 10+ cups water
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed you all!

Thank you for sharing pictures! Love them; what a beautiful place to walk! I also love your profile picture! Beautiful inside and out!
  • PackerFanInGB
    @HGSMITH0920 Thank you for thinking of me today! How sweet! I sure so feel as though I am among friends on this three. It did go well. Not too much pain so far also, so crossing my fingers.

Carmella and Joan: I have decided to take the entire two weeks after all. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is exactly what I would tell anyone else so I should maybe take my own advice! I need to heal. Health must come first.
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited June 2017
    Lying in bed and can't sleep. I'm exhausted but just can't sleep. Maybe it's the pain meds I'm on...not sure.

Anyway, since I will be mostly immobile this week it is really imperative for me to watch my intake. My sweet husband brought me meals and snacks all afternoon and evening after we got home and he was so busy spoiling me that I didn't turn anything down...including ice cream and cake. So....I will need to thank him for being so sweet but lay down some do's and don'ts of what to bring me. Fruit=good. Ice cream=not so good!

Surgery went well. Doc said that the tear was large however, so I only have 15% of meniscus left. That means I will need a total knee replacement in the next 5-6 years. So that kind of sucks! I'm going to focus on healing and getting healthy and not worry about something I cannot change though.

My iPad keeps erasing my goals for Wednesday so I'll pop on later and post them!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Not a bad day yesterday - was working from home which normally sends me a bit crazy but the goals I set myself helped to keep me sane.

UNTIL I read an email at the end of the day which basically told me one of my projects is screwed which sent my stress levels through the roof. I didn't turn to food... but I did have a couple of gins which I wasn't supposed to have.

Today will probably be pretty stressful as a result of that email but I'm going to stay calm throughout and NOT turn to food to cope. It's not worth getting worked up about - at the end of the day, it's just a job.

Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita, yoghurt, seeds and only if am HUNGRY (not just bored/ stressed) :| Type of snacks was ok but had slightly too many and not all were due to hunger
    - No alcohol :'( Had 2 gins to get over the stress. Will move this no booze day to next week
    - Be in the green with 350 deficit (to compensate for going over by 350 today) :| Only 250 deficit due to slightly too many snacks and the gin! But in the green
    - Go to gym first thing :)
    - Focus on slides for training session first thing :)
    - Following that, work through to-do list sequentially :)
    - Don't be perfectionist - power through and tick things off! :|
    - check emails four times only :)
    - Take regular breaks away from computer :)
    - Hour long lunch break - shower & meditation outsideJo :)
    - Don't get stressed/ overwhelmed - use music/ breathing/ positive thoughts to calm down :| Mainly but fell at last hurdle!
    - Don't beat self up if fall behind on list :)
    - Go back to training slides at 5.30pm and power through until boyfriend gets home :| got sucked into reviewing a report which took ages as it was rubbish. However I'll take that as I've been putting that off for six weeks so was an achievement!
    - Switch off and relax!!!! :) I did successfully manage to do this, despite the email

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita if STARVING
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green with 100 deficit

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay calm - it's just a job!
    - Use music/ breathing/ positive thoughts to stay positive
    - Focus on the key priorities and only open emails 4 times (max)
    - Switch back to training slides at end of day and get the bulk of them done
    - Leave laptop at work so can run to work tomorrow
  • junodog1
    Recap yesterday
    JFT 06-13-2017
    <3 10,000+ steps
    <3 64 oz + H20
    <3 Eat 3 veg - olives, salad greens, cucumber, bell peppers, tomato
    <3 Eat two fruit - peach, grapes
    <3 Bed by 11:00
    :/ One load of laundry
    :s Make up spare room

Having a challenge to get anything done at home during these 10-hour workdays other than cooking and exercise.
    May just have to catch up on Friday, the day "off." I know I cannot do laundry or work on the spare room today as I have mandatory shopping after work - must get horse, cat and dog food. So I will be realistic and not include it in today's goals. (Watch - I'll probably get a load of laundry done now.)

JFT 06-14-2017
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64 oz + H20
    • Eat 3 veg - olives, salad greens, cucumber, bell peppers, tomato
    • Eat two fruit - peach, grapes
    • Bed by 10:45 - lights out by 11:00
    • Work - Finish MIP reconciliation
    • Work - Separate UTC6 quarters unreconciled
    • Work - Build files for Workers Comp audit data for Q4 2016 & Q1 2017
  • HGSmith0920
    Good morning all!

I posted my goals for today, last night but I just wanted to stop by and say hello and wish everyone a good day today! Have a great, stress free day all you who are working and have a great fun day all of you who are off!

Be back on later!
  • junodog1
    edited June 2017
    junodog1 wrote: »

Planned all meals for today so fruit and veg are taken care of. DH found the boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.69 /pound, therefore we are having a chicken week.

Monday Roast chicken, roast brussels sprouts, tomatoes
    Tuesday Roast chicken, roast red potatoes, sauteed asparagus
    Wednesday Chicken and Rice Bake, big Salad
    Thursday Salad with leftover roast chicken chunks
    Friday something on the grill. BBQ chicken breast probably.

Come the weekend I am going to need a big piece of red meat. (obviously I am not a vegetarian.)

Great job in preplanning your meals!! This is what I need to be doing. Thank you for sharing - always love to see what others are eating, and gives me ideas!

Your welcome! I gots lots of ideas. Isn't it always the implementation that's hard? That said the week of chicken is going well. I have not high-heat roasted a boneless chicken breast before because I have been concerned about them drying out. But I needed to roast the vegetables @ 450F and it seemed like a good idea to put the chicken breasts in too. I pounded them a little first to make the thickness uniform, seasoned and popped them in the oven for about 20 minutes next to the veggies. Wish I had done this years ago!