Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

It is not posting my info??
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    just for monday
    only eat what i've planned & prepped
    be on time for spin class
    take care of returns
    walk dog before work
  • MLHC1
    Options

Sunday 6/11 JFT:

Sleep in until 9 am (never do this, lol)✔
    Quality time with family✔
    Family and budget meeting✔
    Revise kids weekly schedules✔
    Plan kids weekly lesson plans ✔
    Plan weekly meals ✔
    Grocery list (shop Monday after classes)✔
    Laundry✔
    Physics HW Ch.1-3 (didn't do yesterday)✔
    Log meals on MFP ✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌

Most of this is done. Now time to roll up my sleeves and get the last three done!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Back from a weekend away with my friends. I have to be honest and admit I was an absolute pig - ate and drank ridiculous amounts!

I was always planning to indulge myself somewhat on this weekend but am a bit disappointed at the amount I went over board, it was rather excessive!

And actually, I think I would have enjoyed the food I'd had more if I'd had a bit less of it...

Oh well, time to pick myself up and carry on. Next weekend is going to be the first weekend in six where I won't be away so will be a good opportunity to get healthy again - eat some nutritious food and get exercising! I've only got one weekend away left this summer (weekend after next) so hopefully I'll get back on track.

For now, today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks at all including at coffee with supplier where she will probably offer to buy me something. Must resist!
    - Take a small portion at lunch - no sweet stuff, no crisps, no cheese
    - Be in the green
    - No alcohol

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't get stressed/ angry - use music/tea/breathing to stay calm
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done!

• MLHC1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    :) Monday 6-12 JFT:

Attend classes
    Grocery shop
    Pick up mail
    Implement revised kid's schedule
    Physics HW Ch. 4-5
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Yoga 40 min.
    Prepare slow cooker meal for Tues (refrig.)
    Dinner by 7:30 pm
    Log meals on MFP
    Bedtime before midnight
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I was at the beach with the DH for the weekend and tried to stay untethered from the electronics. Had quite a bit of reading to catch up to ya'll.

JFT 06-12-2017
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64 oz + of lovely lovely H20
    • Eat 3 veg
    • Eat two fruit
    • Bed by 11:00
    • One load of laundry
    • Make up spare room

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Had a computer-free weekend...I have to admit, I need breaks like that. So now to catch up!

Recap Sat. 6/10 - a jam-packed day
    1) Walk in Bellin Run 10K in less than 1:35:42 (my most recent 10K time). = Almost...it was hot (upper 70s F) by mid-race, that always slows me down, especially since my second 5K is normally faster than the first half. Chip time 1:38:01 and average pace 15:47 / mile. That was 2 minutes 19 seconds slower than my most recent 10K, but 6:40 faster than last year's Bellin, when the heat & humidity were horrendous. As always, a great event, I even got a high-five from a Green Bay Packers player on the course! This year was my 21st time walking the event, the first time was 1992...I still have every t-shirt to prove which years I participated. I'm already looking forward to June 9, 2018. :smiley:
    2) After race, buy herbs at farmers market and plant. Maybe go to Schroeder's Flowers, race bib gets a special deal. = Changed into my flip flops and strolled through market, there were others with Bellin shirts / bibs on. Got my produce and herbs, then bought more flowers for planters at Schroeder's...surprised to see "traffic control" there, but lots of people with their race bibs shopping. No planting when I got home, napping was much more important. :smiley:
    3) Middle brother coming to town late afternoon. Plan: Brother, hubby and I will have dinner in restaurant, then go to Celtic Woman concert. My goal: don't eat huge calories just b/c I walked 10K. = Ate so-so, net calories in the red (had to est. for restaurant). Didn't help that 11 oz. energy drink handed out at race finish was 180 calories, or that we had deep-fried appetizers before dinner, which I ate b/c my stomach was growling. Had a fantastic time with hubby and middle brother, and Celtic Woman concert was wonderful! :smile:

Sunday, walked dog 3.09 miles early (beat the heat) before church. Planted another 3 planters, last rain barrel planter, and 5 herbs. I have a hard time eating right in hot / humid conditions, hate to meal plan and "cook". Ate so-so again, too many mixed nuts as snack, net calories -313. :neutral:

Long updates again, this is turning into a mini-journal for me! :wink:

Ok, back on track JFT M 6/12
    1) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    2) Review hot-weather recipes / create meal options for week
    3) Another hot & humid day, walk > 25 flights of stairs at work
    4) Brew tea for iced tea
    5) Make hummingbird syrup and hang feeder
    6) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This morning I weighed myself, and decided I am going to post my weight every Sunday. Somehow, I need to get better at trying to lose. All the exercise I am doing, and the scale is barely moving -- which tells me I am still eating too much. As my doctor said, losing weight is 90% eating, and only 10% exercise. So this week, I went in the wrong direction.

Does anyone else want to join me in every Sunday posting our weight? Maybe we can encourage each other more that way?

This will be good for me. I eat back calories when I am active, but often I snack / eat too much. My weigh-ins have been all over the scale lately due to life. I weigh myself daily and log weekly. I will post my Saturday a.m. weigh-in.

My June goal is to lose those pesky 4# and stay below 180...I'm so close!

6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 (after pre-race spaghetti supper the night before)
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

This morning I weighed myself, and decided I am going to post my weight every sunday. Somehow, I need to get better at trying to lose. All the exercise I am doing, and the scale is barely moving -- which tells me I am still eating too much. As my doctor said, losing weight is 90% eating, and only 10% exercise. So this week, I went in the wrong direction.

Does anyone else want to join me in every sunday posting our weight? Maybe we can encourage each other more that way?

I'll join! I will do mine on Tuesday morning - I'm away a lot at weekends at the moment so Sunday morning won't be possible for me. First one tomorrow!
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Not a bad day today, but could have been better:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks at all including at coffee with supplier where she will probably offer to buy me something. Must resist! :/ Ate 2 ryvita mid morning because I was absolutely starving. This is what happens when stomach gets stretched from a weekend of over eating! Tomorrow should be better.
    - Take a small portion at lunch - no sweet stuff, no crisps, no cheese :/ Ate 6 sandwiches rather than 4, and two were cheese. On the plus side I resisted the crisps!
    - Be in the green :/ -350 due to the extra sandwiches, ryvita, and the slightly more fattening breakfast than normal (had run out of frozen berries for my normal breakfast so grabbed a pastry instead)
    - No alcohol :)
    - 30 minute lunch break :)
    - Meditate :)
    - Don't get stressed/ angry - use music/tea/breathing to stay calm :| Sort of worked... need to get better at positive thoughts as well
    - Don't procrastinate - get stuff done! :)

Posting tomorrow's commitments now as working from home tomorrow (and normally do this on my commute):

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita, yoghurt, seeds and only if am HUNGRY (not just bored/ stressed)
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green with 350 deficit (to compensate for going over by 350 today)

- Go to gym first thing
    - Focus on slides for training session first thing
    - Following that, work through to-do list sequentially
    - Don't be perfectionist - power through and tick things off!
    - check emails four times only
    - Take regular breaks away from computer
    - Hour long lunch break - shower & meditation outside
    - Don't get stressed/ overwhelmed - use music/ breathing/ positive thoughts to calm down
    - Don't beat self up if fall behind on list
    - Go back to training slides at 5.30pm and power through until boyfriend gets home
    - Switch off and relax!!!!

• bookmeister86
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Good luck for your op - I think you said it was tomorrow? Hope all goes well and that you recover quickly. Also hope you managed to get all the work done that you wanted. If you didn't, then try not to worry about it - your health (both physical and mental) is far more important than any work project! Make sure you rest and take care of yourself :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    JFT, Sunday
    1. plan meals around healthy stuff :/ OMG -- went to the store, and once again, put in those darn skinny cow ice cream treats. Right now, I CANNOT buy those, as I end up eating almost the entire box. Scarfed down 4 of those before I even realized what I had done. No .... noone was forcing me to eat that junk.
    2. go to the store and stock up on healthy, low cal snacks :/ Never go to the store when you are hungry!
    3. read my response cards :/
    4. eat slowly :/:/
    5. drink more water :/
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :/ I was so down on myself last nite, and skipped my workout. I am working so hard at exercising, zumba classes, etc., only to ruin it all by what I put in my mouth. So last nite I almost just said the heck with it. But .... I am hoping by posting my weight for all of you guys to see will help to get my b...... in gear!!!
    7. work in the yard today :/
    8. get some sewing done tonite. :)
    9. snack tonite will be cottage cheese instead of popcorn :/ Didn't eat any snack at nite --- I took care of that all day :'(

Late in the day today, so I'll post what my goals are
    1. log all food -- I have been terrible at this again
    2. no sugar. Get those cravings out of my system
    3. read my response cards to remind me of WHY I want to lose weight
    4. Success brings success. Everytime we resist the urge to give into cravings, we become stronger. Don't give in to cravings today. It will get better
    5. drink water
    6. I skipped the gym today - so discouraged. But ... tonite I am going to try and go to a zumba class. I know I am still eating too much , but I can't stop the exercise. If I were not doing the exercise I am, the scale would be up 5 pounds instead of 2. So .... keep doing what I am doing ..... just watch and be aware of what I eat better!

I think my daughter realized I had a bad day yesterday .... food wise. She asked me if I was losing weight! Wasn't that sweet! But ... even though the scale is not moving, I was able to wear a pair of shorts that used to be tight. So I am hoping the exercise is helping with inches. Just want the scale to move also!
    Gee --- sorry this is so long again!!

Thanks to all who are going to post your weight. I am hoping we call all really encourage each other !

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good evening my friends!

Didnt post goals for today and it's just past 9pm, so lets do a catch up of the day!

0. Celebrate the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup by staying up waaay too late to watch all the celebration coverage!
    1. Slept in this morning
    2. Prelogged food
    3. Kept till balanced
    4. Had an easy, stress free day at work
    5. Came home and made yummy food with a side of fresh broccoli for dinner
    6. Logged ALL of my foodI have been totally failing at this recently. I'll log what I eat during the day and then completely ignore logging all the random things I eat in the evening and at night
    7. Hung out with the DH and took a short stroll to the end of the driveway and backNice walk but was eaten alive by mosquitos
    8. Be in bed with the light off and tablet down by 11pm[I'm off tomorrow!/b]

Now for tomorrows goals!

1. Sleep until 10am at the LATEST
    2. Go to the gym and do some strength training
    3. Drink 64oz of water
    4. Do chores(dishes/laundry/general house cleaning)
    5. Work on formatting short story
    6. Start outline for novel
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner with a yummy green veggie
    8. Spend time with the DH
    9. Bed by 10pm

Lots of stuff to do but I bet I can get it all done!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good evening my friends!

Didn't post goals for today and it's just past 9 pm, so let's do a catch up of the day!

0. Celebrate the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup by staying up way too late to watch all the celebration coverage!
    1. Slept in this morning
    2. Prelogged food
    3. Kept till balanced
    4. Had an easy, stress-free day at work
    5. Came home and made yummy food with a side of fresh broccoli for dinner
    6. Logged ALL of my food I have been totally failing at this recently. I'll log what I eat during the day and then completely ignore logging all the random things I eat in the evening and at night
    7. Hung out with the DH and took a short stroll to the end of the driveway and back Nice walk but was eaten alive by mosquitos
    8. Be in bed with the light off and tablet down by 11 pm I'm off tomorrow!

Now for tomorrow's goals!

1. Sleep until 10 am at the LATEST
    2. Go to the gym and do some strength training
    3. Drink 64oz of water
    4. Do chores(dishes/laundry/general house cleaning)
    5. Work on formatting short story
    6. Start outline for novel
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner with a yummy green veggie
    8. Spend time with the DH
    9. Bed by 10 pm

Lots of stuff to do but I bet I can get it all done!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Good luck for your op - I think you said it was tomorrow? Hope all goes well and that you recover quickly. Also hope you managed to get all the work done that you wanted. If you didn't, then try not to worry about it - your health (both physical and mental) is far more important than any work project! Make sure you rest and take care of yourself :)

Thank you! Yes, it is in the morning (Tuesday). I didn't get nearly enough done at work and you're right...I'm stressing out about it. But I am hoping that by being off for two weeks, I can go back less stressed and maybe I'll be able to attack those projects with with a new outlook. One can always hope, right? LOL! I told them today in a meeting that I would try to come back in a week instead of two and they all told me to take the two weeks and not to worry about work, so I'll try! Thanks for remembering and for the good wishes!

P.S. My husband says I'll do anything to get out of work...maybe he's right? LOL!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Thank you! Yes, it is in the morning (Tuesday). I didn't get nearly enough done at work and you're right...I'm stressing out about it. But I am hoping that by being off for two weeks, I can go back less stressed and maybe I'll be able to attack those projects with with a new outlook. One can always hope, right? LOL! I told them today in a meeting that I would try to come back in a week instead of two and they all told me to take the two weeks and not to worry about work, so I'll try! Thanks for remembering and for the good wishes!

P.S. My husband says I'll do anything to get out of work...maybe he's right? LOL!

Good luck! We will be thinking of you, and hope all goes well. Also -- that you take these TWO weeks to try and relax and recover. You need the time off -- don't try to go back in one week!!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    :) Monday 6-12 JFT:

Attend classes✔
    Grocery shop✔
    Pick up mail✔
    Implement revised kid's schedule✔
    Physics HW Ch. 4-5
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jft 7/13
    1. Get out of bed by 7:15 am and 30 mïn of exercise
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Right, here's my weigh in as promised....

Today's weight: 12 stone 4.25, or 172.25 lb
    Target weight: 11 stone, or 154 lb

This is pretty terrible - it's 5lb heavier than last week!!!

I'm pretty sure most of that is temporary bloating - I did eat pretty much continually for four days. However some of it will be real :/

Bit of a wake up call really - shows me that even if I decided to give up and stay at my current weight (which is less than I used to be) I'd have to watch what I ate - as if I eat the way I want to, I BALLOON....!

This week should be better as I'm not going out in the evenings much and I'm not going away at weekend either.

So next week I will hopefully have lost the water weight (not sure how much of the weight that is - maybe 3lb) plus 1lb of 'real' weight. So hopefully I'll be back at 12 stone /168 lb - or not far off it!

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Recap yesterday

JFT 06-12-2017
    <3 10,000+ steps 12,023
    <3 64 oz + of lovely lovely H20 - yup
    <3 Eat 3 veg - 2 servings tomatoes, 1 brussel sprouts
    <3 Eat two fruit - grapes, strawberries
    <3 Bed by 11:00
    :/ One load of laundry
    :/ Make up spare room
    Didn't get any of my home chores done. I went home and had to clean and vacuum pack the chicken breasts the hunter gather husband captured at the grocery.

JFT 06-13-2017
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64 oz + H20
    • Eat 3 veg - cabbage salad, asparagus, potatoes
    • Eat two fruit - strawberries, blueberries
    • Bed by 11:00
    • One load of laundry
    • Make up spare room

Planned all meals for today so fruit and veg are taken care of. DH found the boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.69 /pound, therefore we are having a chicken week.

Monday Roast chicken, roast brussels sprouts, tomatoes
    Tuesday Roast chicken, roast red potatoes, sauteed asparagus
    Wednesday Chicken and Rice Bake, big Salad
    Thursday Salad with leftover roast chicken chunks
    Friday something on the grill. BBQ chicken breast probably.

Come the weekend I am going to need a big piece of red meat. (obviously I am not a vegetarian.)