Low carb (keto or otherwise) for June!

Replies

• aastha627
    aastha627 Posts: 2 Member
    Current weight: 142 lbs
    Goal weight: 133 lbs
    Starting weight in May was 151 lbs. Lost 9 lbs so far.
    Feel like Im losing weight super slowly. Need some tips and inspiration!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    littlest gorilla to wrestling practice tonight. I need to find a good way to take advantage of that time instead of just sitting and watching. It is too far to get to my gym, and its not really an area made for taking a walk or a run, busy tight roads.

Is there any space in the building?
    Or if not bad weather, workout in the parking lot?

My kids started swim team practice yesterday, 3x a week.
    With their ages, they're in 2 different swim practice times, so I'm there from 4:30-7pm.
    While they swim, I do:
    - run up and down the stairs
    - along the hallway:
    ---- walking lunges
    ---- walk kickbacks
    ---- high knees
    ---- even dancing in a part of a stairwell where no one goes to

Another day, I do arms: lots and lots of push-ups and tricep dips, with abs in between.

3rd day is squats and straight leg deadlifts.

Other parents use to stare at me in my tank top, when my kids would be at their ice skating lessons, and I'd be running up/down the stairs and doing pushups/dips, while they sat there freezing in their coats.

--

Glad you found a new love kohlrabi.

My CSA harvested these today and I need to find recipes to cook them:
    - Broccoli Raab
    - Dinosaur kale (also know as tuscan or lacinato kale)
    - Bok Choy
    - Napa Cabbage - Bilko
    - Scallions
    - Pea and sunflower shoots
    - Swiss Chard
    - Baby Kale Mix (full shares)
    - Mint
    - Radishes

Amanda
  • bergerm05
    bergerm05 Posts: 3 Member
    June 1 295 carbs 2822 Cal
    June 2 214 carbs 2594 Cal
    June 3 325 carbs 3034 Cal
    June 4 296 carbs 2815 Cal
    June 5 221 carbs 2942 Cal

6/1/17 Starting weight 329.7
    6/6/17 today 324.1

Strength train 4 days a week, with 30 to 45 minutes of steps 2 days and one rest day.
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi, a little late but I'm in!

6/6/17 Starting Weight: 195.6 lbs

June Goal: 185 lbs, Net Carb 20 g, Calories: < 1400

• dianasturgeon
    dianasturgeon Posts: 4 Member
    @wljohn welcome to the challenge!

@dianasturgeon you can join at any point! What are your stats?

Great! I started Keto 5/31 at 282lbs and today at 273. Keeping my macros at 5% carbs, 25% protein and 75% fat. Drinking bulletproof coffee in the morning with this and never have felt better. Long ways to go but one day at a time.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Welcome everyone :) and good luck!
  • wljohn
    wljohn Posts: 4,981 Member
    Thanks. Went over on calories slightly today but not to bad. Also higher carbs than I would like, but net came out okay.
    Total calories 1657
    total carbs 49
    net 26
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Kimberlyrobinson87 Posts: 24 Member
    Day 6 completed.

Total carbs: 31
    Net carbs: 17g

Total calories: 1130
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    6/6

Total: 48
    Net: 40
  • kenapaul
    kenapaul Posts: 1 Member
    How can I join in?
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    64 -12 = 52
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Turned down lots of sugars & carbs today - toast, hot chocolate, Oreo ice cream, hamburger & french fries. :D
  • jmpaul88
    jmpaul88 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello.
    Starting Keto on June 7! Is this a good place for support and ideas?! I noticed not a lot of activity in the posts for the last several days?
    Thx,
    Jeff
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Total 24
    Net 17

All in all it was a pretty good day food wise. Work was a killer and train delays heading home had me miss my cardio session. Yeah I know it is just an excuse... but I'll get my lifting in tonight before heading to my oldest sons first lacrosse practice with the high school team as an incoming freshman. He is a Goalie and I know is a bit nervous seeing some of those seniors fire shots on goal.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Man tried a curry simmer sauce hit like 32 net carbs biggest day since I started. Oops but enjoyed the variation in my diet. I didn't measure it so can't be sure how much I ate. Always measure peeps.
  • palsky
    jmpaul88 wrote: »
    Hello.
    Starting Keto on June 7! Is this a good place for support and ideas?! I noticed not a lot of activity in the posts for the last several days?
    Thx,
    Jeff

It's a place for accountability you'll get tips as u go. Personally I'm new also. "Keto connect" Youtubers make recipes super easy to follow.
  • palsky
    Turned down lots of sugars & carbs today - toast, hot chocolate, Oreo ice cream, hamburger & french fries. :D

Nice one that's some will power and you'll have even more determination next time to say no to empty Keto busting carbs. Oh my sweet uber driver gave me a snickers bar this morning I took it to be polite then promptly gave it away.
  • waterliliesss
    waterliliesss Posts: 9 Member
    Day 7.. still feeling fatigued and sleepy..when does this energy surge come?
  • palsky
    kenapaul wrote: »
    How can I join in?

Repost megdnoorman
    Anyone is welcome to join at any time!

Just post your starting weight and your weight loss goal (along with any other goals) in your first post.

Goals:

- Keep your carbs under 50 grams total.
    - Track total and net carbs daily and post them here.
    - Stay within your calorie goal.
    - Update everyone on your weight loss.
    - Provide support and advice to fellow low-carbers!

Let's kick off June and lose some weight!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    huango wrote: »
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    littlest gorilla to wrestling practice tonight. I need to find a good way to take advantage of that time instead of just sitting and watching. It is too far to get to my gym, and its not really an area made for taking a walk or a run, busy tight roads.

Is there any space in the building?
    Or if not bad weather, workout in the parking lot?

My kids started swim team practice yesterday, 3x a week.
    With their ages, they're in 2 different swim practice times, so I'm there from 4:30-7pm.
    While they swim, I do:
    - run up and down the stairs
    - along the hallway:
    ---- walking lunges
    ---- walk kickbacks
    ---- high knees
    ---- even dancing in a part of a stairwell where no one goes to

Another day, I do arms: lots and lots of push-ups and tricep dips, with abs in between.

3rd day is squats and straight leg deadlifts.

Other parents use to stare at me in my tank top, when my kids would be at their ice skating lessons, and I'd be running up/down the stairs and doing pushups/dips, while they sat there freezing in their coats.

--

Glad you found a new love kohlrabi.

My CSA harvested these today and I need to find recipes to cook them:
    - Broccoli Raab
    - Dinosaur kale (also know as tuscan or lacinato kale)
    - Bok Choy
    - Napa Cabbage - Bilko
    - Scallions
    - Pea and sunflower shoots
    - Swiss Chard
    - Baby Kale Mix (full shares)
    - Mint
    - Radishes

Amanda

Those are some great points, and when the kids wrestling practice is held at the highschool I would run on the track and run the bleachers. This wresting gym is more or less a garage that they put a bunch of mats on the floor and have a 10x15 room for the parents to huddle into, or a small parking lot that is filled with cars and construction equipment. They are moving into a better facility soon, so I might be starting some sort of workout going around the gym, hoping it is a little more friendly for it.

I am waiting to get some Broccoli Raab, love to grill up some hot Italian sausage, break it up in to chunks and sautee it with some garlic and broccoli raab.

You can make a coleslaw out of the Napa Cabbage it gives it a really good crunch. Just make sure to use a recipe that obviously does not include any sugar.