Appetite suppression/weight loss pills

Options
Just wondering if anyone uses any and if so what kind and how has it worked for you?

Replies

• tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone uses any and if so what kind and how has it worked for you?

phentermine aka adipex is a prescription weight loss appetite suppresant..

if ur issues are deeper then ur fda approved choices are contrav, belviq and qysmia....

ive tried all.. i dont have mental health issues so the last three didnt work for me but phentermine is a great way to kick start a new diet
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    chels5988 wrote: »
    I just use water. Fills the stomach long enough to distract me into doing someting other then grabbing a snack lol

This reminds me. No-cal beverages like Vitamin Water Zero, Coke/Sprite Zero, Fresca also help to tide me over while taking the edge off of cravings.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Be careful with them. I'm sure there is plenty in them that's not good for you. Will they work long term?

Maybe try exercise, eat right within calories, sleep and water before giving the pills a go.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    If it's legal it doesn't work. If it works, it's not legal and almost certainly very dangerous.

I drink lots of water and diet coke. Works a charm.

There are things that are legal and work... most of them require being under a doctors care, because Amphetamines are addictive and dangerous.

So the above is totally correct. if it works, it is at best risky, and at worst potentially deadly.
  • Holly1111555
    Holly1111555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have used for appetite control regularly (after a trial and error period of various caffeinated appetite suppressants) is psyllium husk. It gives me the feeling of being full, and the fiber helps with regularity.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I find focusing on getting enough protein, fat, and fiber helps me to feel more full on less calories. A cup of coffee is also great at decreasing my appetite when I'm snacky, I assume it's the caffeine.

The problem with pills is that eventually you have to stop taking them, and then your appetite comes back. Learn how to eat now in a way that you enjoy and that fills you up on the right amount of calories and you will not have to rely on temporary bandaids. Good luck!
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Some can definitely help with improving your weight loss, almost all are way over hyped, but usually can help to an extent with weight loss and appetite suppression. Caffeine is a super easy and affordable option, can help give you more energy and suppress the appetite, causing you to eat less and move more.
  • cherilee0831
    cherilee0831 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am on phentermine but don't feel anything from it. I am losing weight anyway so I am stopping it. What I do think is helping is metformin which I am on to get my sugar back in range (pre-diabetic).
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, Sarah--that's what I suspected would probably be the case with appetite suppressants, so thank you for sharing!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My doctor prescribed Topomax for me and I have lost 16lbs since May 9th. Like others have said, you do have to learn new habits or you will just put the weight back on when you stop taking the pills or the effects wear off. I have to practically force myself to eat. I'm never hungry. It's a very weird feeling, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can. I still have about 60lbs left to lose. Good luck!
  • SarahStarr86
    SarahStarr86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Knoxvilla5 wrote: »
    Wow, Sarah--that's what I suspected would probably be the case with appetite suppressants, so thank you for sharing!

You're very welcome! We are all in this boat together :)

• Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've taken so many OTC weight loss pills and appetite suppressants and personally love them. But only because I don't have to drink 6 cups of coffee to get the same effect I get from the pills. So I really only like them because of the caffeine boost in most of them.
    I don't think they actually did anything for my weight loss. The weight I lost was due to exercise and calorie deficit.
    The only thing I'd say worked is when I was taking CLAs. I'd take 2 about 10 minutes before every meal with 8 oz of watering and I ate less typically. But they contains fish oils too.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Caffeine and ephedrine is a well researched and proven appetite suppressant.