Appetite suppression/weight loss pills

Options
2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Caffeine and ephedrine is a well researched and proven appetite suppressant.

and linked to heart damage/death
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My appetite was naturally suppressed for a week last time I was down with the flu. It was weird and honestly rather miserable, because I started feeling the effects of not eating yet still had no desire to eat. Personally I'd rather function normally, with hunger and the ability to enjoy food. Even if that does mean telling my body "No, you can't have that now" sometimes.
  • scarlett624kh
    scarlett624kh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Adipex/ phentermine really worked for me and fast. I lost 50 pounds in less than six months easily after giving birth. It's definitely a bad idea long term though. It can make you kind of edgy and irritable too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone uses any and if so what kind and how has it worked for you?

phentermine aka adipex is a prescription weight loss appetite suppresant..

if ur issues are deeper then ur fda approved choices are contrav, belviq and qysmia....

ive tried all.. i dont have mental health issues so the last three didnt work for me but phentermine is a great way to kick start a new diet

Phentermine is also a great way to kick start heart damage.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10329901/phentermine/p1
    I have seen a lot of posts on and off about this and other weight loss drugs. I can vouch that they absolutely work. I have lost a lot weight using Phentermine on and off throughout about a 10 year span.

BUT...

The weight doesn't stay off. And those side effects? They are real.

You could take Phentermine and lose the weight, but you might end up like me. I'm 30 years old, slightly over weight, and have moderate tricuspid valve regurgitation. As in, I might need open heart surgery because my heart was damaged by Phentermine. To be clear, I never took it for more than a few months at a time, was monitored by a doctor, and did everything "right".

My lifespan has likely been shortened to lose a few pounds. Weight I could have lost on my own with a little bit of gumption. It wasn't worth it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Everything has side effects. People can make informed decisions after researching it. ECA stack has been used for decades with success.
  • remisscupid
    remisscupid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on phentermine as well. I love it, but you're only supposed to be on it for like 3 months, then off for a while, then if you still need it you can get more prescribed if your doctor thinks you still need it.

It works.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I've been on phentermine as well. I love it, but you're only supposed to be on it for like 3 months, then off for a while, then if you still need it you can get more prescribed if your doctor thinks you still need it.

It works.

but being on it doesnt teach you how to eat for the rest of your life to keep the weight off either. it doesnt help you to deal with cravings or hunger either.it may work but at what cost in the long run?
  • xo0candypops0ox
    xo0candypops0ox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of diet pills, natural supplements and fat binders and detox products, none of which have worked at all. I've found the most effective thing to use to curb appetite is plain black coffee... Strong with no sugar. Or 2 glasses of really cold water if you drink it quickly. If I have a super strong black coffee in the morning sometimes I can even skip lunch because I don't feel hungry.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Everything has side effects. People can make informed decisions after researching it. ECA stack has been used for decades with success.

True. For me, they gave me insomnia for several days, and I almost got fired by the end because I was acting a bit crazy and was so twitchy I wanted to beat myself. Not a good combo for me.

On the other hand, once I got my sleep disorders finally diagnosed and taken care of, with Provogil during the day and 5htp at night, the combo really helps supress my appetite. I can definitely tell when I don't take one or the other, because with, I xan tell when I not hungry anymore. Without, I'm never not hungry.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I tried one diet pill ever and it was one of those green tea and chromium blends. I felt horrible on it. Lethargy and stomach cramps bad enough to make my workouts useless because I was plodding slowly through the gross feeling. I took them for less than 7 days and threw them out. I also lost nothing and ended up bloated looking.

I thought it was just that pills aren't for me, but recently realized that my Vegan Protein Shake also had green tea after re-checking the ingredients because it also gave me GI discomfort and that dragged out feeling. So I guess avoiding green tea altogether is best for me.

I've also been on Adderall (as an adult) for ADHD and OCD and that works great as an appetite suppressant (it was originally manufactured as asn obesity drug). But at the time, I was already thin and it made me a wound up, bundle of anxiety and "sweats". Even worse it causes muscle pain after wearing off and releases tons of cortisol into your body. It's Amphetamine Salts, after all. I don't recommend trying it for weight loss. I took myself off of it years ago because it was horrible even as necessary medication.

I currently take 1000 mg of Metformin daily for PCOS. But not for weight loss. I haven't found it improves nor harms weight loss either way (for me). But it does make me very dizzy upon rising and sudden movements, which makes my balance off during workouts. It also dehydrates, so I have to drink over 200 ounces of water daily just to get through workouts.

I don't recommend taking anything you don't medically need because it usually screws up your natural ability to eat, sleep, and workout normally. I have 2 cups of black coffee with breakfast prior to workouts and that's it. No vitamins.

On days where I do 3 or more hours of Strength Training....I mix BCAA's in with my Water and sip before, during, and after workouts to help preserve muscle & fight muscle fatigue when in deficit. But be careful to find one with nothing else added (many have added caffeine, green tea, etc). Plain BCAA's make me feel great. Stick with basics. The other stuff isn't worth the money and hassle.