What to eat when you need chocolate

Options

Replies

• Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hershey dark chocolate bars. The little ones. No dipping in peanut butter though.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate that takes a long time to chew - milk duds work great; it takes awhile to eat a little box and it's 55 calories.

Or Riesen.

Or tootsie rolls.

For me, regular chocolate goes down a little to easy and leaves me reaching for more. The chewing helps me feel satisfied.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    And with the milk duds - you can just put one little box in your lunch.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »
    I like chocolate that takes a long time to chew - milk duds work great; it takes awhile to eat a little box and it's 55 calories.

Or Riesen.

Or tootsie rolls.

For me, regular chocolate goes down a little to easy and leaves me reaching for more. The chewing helps me feel satisfied.

I forgot all about the Riesens. Yummy. Those chocolate parfait Nips are really good, too.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I eat low calorie chocolate ice cream. Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom. 100 cals per 1/2 cup and it's chocked full of fiber. I can always squeeze at least a 1/2 cup serving in if I want.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    2p0gwj8x6cy0.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I have a small piece or two of dark chocolate several times per week.
  • goredguar
    goredguar Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate! Hits the craving, but the flavour is intense so that you can't eat more than 1 or 2 pieces. Go for higher cocoa contents. :)
  • ElphabaWeasley
    ElphabaWeasley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much! I was hoping for some recipes but all of your ideas a so good. Thanks again!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My biggest hurdle when it comes to eating healthy and staying on track is everyday about 2 hours before I get off of work (we slow down and I get bored, plus tired from earlier in the day) I crave something chocolatey. I work in a pharmacy so I usually go out and grab a box of candy and easily eat 400+ extra calories. Do you all have any ideas of chocolate treats I could make each week to pack and prepare for this slump towards the end of the day? I thought about frozen grapes as a substitute (not chocolate, but still very sweet) but I cannot use the freezer at work for food. I appreciate any ideas and do not have any allergies or dietary restrictions. Thanks guys!

My personal favorite chocolate substitute is a Quest Bar...Oh Yeah has some good ones too. And Grenade Carb Killa White Chocolate Cookie literally tastes like a Cookies and Cream Hershey bar. They all kill your craving while being nutritious, helping get that extra bump of protein in and keeping you full
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Individually wrapped Ghirardelli dark chocolates are good. 50-70 calories each, depending on the flavor. I like sea salt soiree, which has some crushed almonds and sea salt.

Have you tried to the Dark Cherry Tango? SO good.

OOoooooo! Sounds so good. I'll be on the look out.
  • ChelseaBeees
    ChelseaBeees Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds ridiculous but have you tried Japanese sweets? One bag of Hello Panda is only 80 calories. Half a box of Pocky is around 170.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    A square of dark chocolate is about 50-75 calories depending on the brand, and I find it more satisfying than milk chocolate. I eat chocolate every day and budget the calories for it. Hasn't hurt my weight loss at all.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    chocolate
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My mom is a chocolate fiend and has found that watermelon curbs her chocolate cravings. No idea why. Just bring some watermelon, doesn't need refrigeration, and eat during the day.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar-free pudding cups are awesome and low-calorie. I'm also a huge fan of Pure Protein chocolate bars. They have 200 calories, low on sugar, high protein. I feel like I'm eating a candy bar when I eat them before workouts.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »

Or Riesen.

Or tootsie rolls.

Oh, I forgot those! Tootsie Pops are good - only 65 calories and they take a while to eat. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    chocolate.
    usually York paddies.

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Light vanilla Greek yogurt with cocoa and stevia is delicious. I also put cocoa in my coffee.