What motivates you to lose weight ?

Options
124»

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have fibro, asthma, and managed to seriously injure myself just by walking at a normal pace and minding my own business twice now. Being fat sucks. I want to not be that way now.
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    All of you can do it . Just believe in yourself
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    People treat you differently when you're fat.

THIS. So much this. I was only moderately overweight, and I was comfortable with my body, and I was able to do all of the things I truly wanted to do (not willing to put in the time/effort to be an astronaut or a ballerina, much as it sounded interesting). But from a cynically practical standpoint, people treat you better the closer you are to society's standards for attractiveness. And that includes size.

Also, I'm cheap, and I didn't want to buy new clothes again.
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    When I first started at 217 lbs (about 3-4 years ago) it was to be healthy and more confident, I was down to 150lbs, but last year I gained about 20lbs which I’m working on losing now. I’m still doing it for better health and confidence, but now i'm also doing it to look better and my pants I wear to show horses are now too tight and since no one makes showmanship show pants for people with long legs, I had to have them custom made and it’s a lot easier and cheaper to lose weight then to have another pair made.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I take care of my physically disabled mother. And her weight has made her disability a LOT worse, both in terms of its effects on her life, and in terms of caring for her.

I realized that my weight was also heading into dangerous territory, and it scared me, a lot. So I decided to do something about it. I'm very glad I did. I also have unavoidable health problems (scoliosis, lupus), but being lighter makes living with them SO much easier.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    For me, there are several reasons, but probably the main one is I see my dad and stepmom in their 60s, in great shape, doing half marathons and hiking in the Rockies. I want to be able to do that at their age as well. Beginning last July, I started losing weight, and got about 10 pounds from goal weight. My husband and I did a half marathon in April, our first in 9 years, and we really enjoyed the experience. Since the race, I've let my weight get back up a few pounds. I'm motivated now to get that back down and try to continue to my goal. We'll probably be signing up for another race in the fall, too--it helps to have a fitness goal as well as a weight goal!
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Healthy life gives me freedom
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    qq8xw9fp34t8.jpg
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I want to see as many striatuons and veins across my whole body. For no real reason if I'm honest.

Also pure vanity and self improvement.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My motivations have evolved over time, initially it was to reverse my diabetes diagnosis which was successful, now I have mini goals to keep me going strong, the next goal is to look great in a dress for my Uni Grad coming up in December :)
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    <3
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    My motivations have evolved over time, initially it was to reverse my diabetes diagnosis which was successful, now I have mini goals to keep me going strong, the next goal is to look great in a dress for my Uni Grad coming up in December :)
    congrats ♥

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    Part me, valuing myself enough to make the effort to take care of myself well. And it's helped me get a better hold on my anxiety and depression. Part my mom, she's started her progress towards having bariatric surgery and sometimes we can be each other's worst enablers with junk and sweets. Now that I've been cleaning up my diet she's also starting to do hers. Plus I just want to plain enjoy life; tired of struggling to do activities, find clothes that fit, not being able to do things that interest me, things like that.
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Part me, valuing myself enough to make the effort to take care of myself well. And it's helped me get a better hold on my anxiety and depression. Part my mom, she's started her progress towards having bariatric surgery and sometimes we can be each other's worst enablers with junk and sweets. Now that I've been cleaning up my diet she's also starting to do hers. Plus I just want to plain enjoy life; tired of struggling to do activities, find clothes that fit, not being able to do things that interest me, things like that.
    wish you and Mum all health and happiness

• ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Okay, please don't laugh...:) My main motivation began with a potential trip with my daughter to a Walker Stalker Convention next year... A couple years ago we met Norman Reedus at another con and she got her picture with him...it is the cutest picture ever... I am obsessed with Negan/Jeffrey Dean Morgan on The Walking Dead...my daughter and I want to spend a weekend next year at Walker Stalker and I want to get photos with Jeffrey...really good ones that I will be proud to look at...I want to feel badass and confident when I walk up to him for photo...I want to have the confidence in myself to talk to him and Norman... This is how it began...but now...I am just sick of not being the best that I can be and I am finally going to make sure that I get there... And have a super hot photo with Negan to commemorate it! Ha!!!
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Because I wanna be skinnnyyyyyyy
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Okay, please don't laugh...:) My main motivation began with a potential trip with my daughter to a Walker Stalker Convention next year... A couple years ago we met Norman Reedus at another con and she got her picture with him...it is the cutest picture ever... I am obsessed with Negan/Jeffrey Dean Morgan on The Walking Dead...my daughter and I want to spend a weekend next year at Walker Stalker and I want to get photos with Jeffrey...really good ones that I will be proud to look at...I want to feel badass and confident when I walk up to him for photo...I want to have the confidence in myself to talk to him and Norman... This is how it began...but now...I am just sick of not being the best that I can be and I am finally going to make sure that I get there... And have a super hot photo with Negan to commemorate it! Ha!!!
    I love it