Inner Thigh Gap Fitness Routine (help!)

Options

Replies

• hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do Pilates Reformer twice a week and have been doing some cardio such as spinning and jogging a couple times a week. It is totally true that you can tone under the flab all you want, but you won't be able to see it until the fat is reduced. I have noticed that after doing adductor exercises in Pilates and since I've been losing some fat my inner thighs are way better than they were. They are almost not touching. Try Pilates! I think it's amazing and if you can find a reformer class even better! Exercises with the magic ring are incredibly effective and helpful too... Here is a link to some. http://pilates.about.com/od/technique/a/Inner-Thigh-Toning.htm. Good luck. :}
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Btw... I did lose inches everywhere... 1" in the chest and 2.5" in my waist... but in my thighs I lost a whopping 5.5" ...
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    The vibrating machine should do the trick.
  • Llante
    Llante Posts: 14
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the pics!!!

Ok so if I continue using MFP and keep eating under control, then add some stetching and muscle build I should be well on my way!

I did a bit of a search around the web and found a couple of interesting workout vids from POP Pilates.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I-c-yw5ZrQ&sns=em (she has another thigh one too)
    http://m.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/sleeker-thighs-in-one-month/ (I am on mobile so try the regular site)

I guess I want to be proactive about it all! I'll add measurements into my tracker ad well that's a great idea!

Thanks again ladies.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ha ha this is funny to me! I have never in my life had a gap between my thighs--I have always been a dancer since age 3 and actually remember thinking it very strange on the (rare) occasion when I would encounter a female with a gap.

I'm not sure if the average gal is built to have a gap -- don't be so hard on yourself!

blessings.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

Vibrating machines always part thighs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    if you want the gap then you will just have to lower your overall body fat %

no certain exercise is going to help. Cardio, weights, anda clean diet is all that you need.
    This.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    if you want the gap then you will just have to lower your overall body fat %

no certain exercise is going to help. Cardio, weights, anda clean diet is all that you need.
    This.

I don't think just reducing body fat would work for me or many--I do not have that body type. I am at 18% (17. something, actually)BF now, and even when I was in my late teens/20s weighing 113 lbs. and dancing full-time I did not have that shape.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options

I don't think just reducing body fat would work for me or many--I do not have that body type. I am at 18% (17. something, actually)BF now, and even when I was in my late teens/20s weighing 113 lbs. and dancing full-time I did not have that shape.
    I will have to recant my previous post and agree with you. I had too much sun this afternoon. Genetic predisposition will dictate the shape of your thighs. While you can add some shape (though muscle gain), even if you did get your bodyfat down to the teens, you may not have that gap between the thighs.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Vibrating machines always part thighs.

Perverts. :wink:
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Yeah, the chafing kinda sucks.
  • aneema31294
    aneema31294 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Btw... I did lose inches everywhere... 1" in the chest and 2.5" in my waist... but in my thighs I lost a whopping 5.5" ...
    . Hiya that's so amazing u lost so Much weight congrats!!!do u mind posting ur exact routine on the step mill of hiit etc,it will really help me out?
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap is primarily a genetic gift given to few.
    You can tone your thighs and lose fat off of them, but they will generally still touch. How about altering your goal slightly to "lean, toned thighs." You know that is something anyone can accomplish. Then, if a gap appears, bonus!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's all down to genetics. I'm still just about considered obese and yet I have a thigh gap. But I workout out pretty hardcore. I run 3-4x week, lift heavy (for me) 3x week and go to 3-7 (as time allows) high intensity classes a week.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Why are we resurrecting a 6 year old thread????
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Weightlifting will help you tone up. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why are we resurrecting a 6 year old thread????

And a thigh gap one at that...

For any lurkers, thigh gap is 100% genetic.