You know you were born in the 70's and 80's if..........

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Big League Chew
    Alexander the Grape (they're Grape Heads now)
    Boston Baked Beans in the little boxes
    Atomic Fireballs
    and those lollipops... you know they were rainbow colored, but clear like glass and you could suck them into a point and stab someone with it.. not that I did.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Labyrinth. The greatest movie EVER, besides The Lost Boys and Legend and the Dark Crystal. =D

Still love Labyrinth! We have the DVD and my kids love it now too. :)

Yes! Absolutely one of my Top 5 movies. Ladyhawke also (not the forum mod -- she's awesome too-- the movie).
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Judy Blume novels

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    You wore high top british knight tennis shoes with 2 diff colors of shoe strings
    had at least 2 pair of satin pants
    Jordash or calvin klien were the only jeans to wear ops dont forget gitanos
    everyone had and carried boom boxes
    you had dances at school just for fun and no one ever got hurt or cops were never there
    you tried pot at the school bus stop
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    I'm LOL over here!! I can't believe all these things ... and soo true and funny!! I can't believe no one mentioned Z-Cavaricci and SKIDS ... or are those more early 90s?? LMAO

*Saturday morning cartoon were THE best!
    *The clacker post had me crackin up, those hurt!!
    *MTV only played music ... now those were the days!
    *How about some of the TV shows ... Cosby show, Facts of Life, ALF, Knight Rider, Full House, The Hogan family, Tales from the Krept! OMG ... that man scared me (well, skeleton).
    *ET was a great movie, the Little Mermaid was another favorite! Karate Kid, Jaws, Friday the 13th!!
    I <3 being an 80s child!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Judy Blume novels

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
    ]\\

hehehe....... the cat ate my gym suit
  • bjohs
    You couldn't watch 9 1/2 Weeks enough times. I guess that makes me old enough to remember what Mickey Rourke used to look like to!!!
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    POGS! Those stupid cardboard disks with metal "slammers"! Bahahaha...
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    You desperately a *****in' Camaro
    Sent that song to my fiance when he mentioned wanting a Camaro....lol...apparently he hadn't heard it before. *evil laugh*

70s: I don't want to even describe the outfits my parents put me in....unfortunately there are pictures to prove it. *shudder*

80s: You had purple pleather pants with a garish-silk-like patterned vest that was too big and you wore it over an over-sized white button up shirt.....or was that just me.....
    Pants that had front pleats with tapered legs....
    Neon patterned running shorts under skirts.....
    and of course, the requisite "Surf Ohio" shirt. :laugh:
  • remember where you were when heard about the Challenger accident.watched Princesss Di Wedding...

pop rocks, ring pops, Zotz candy, Richard Simmons videotapes sweatin to the Oldies

Solid Gold music show on Saturday mornings
  • RdySetGO11
    ohhh and 'Saved by the Bell'. I think I've seen every episode! Good ole Zack Morris and Slater! Oh and don't forget Screech and Jessi Spano's hair! I ♥ the 90s!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    you had dances at school just for fun and no one ever got hurt or cops were never there
    I had a 6th grade 'homecoming' dance in the middle of the school day and they played AC/DC Shook me all night long. Oh yeah, went to a Catholic school. LMAO!
  • tracyjo74
    tracyjo74 Posts: 4 Member
    Waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons and staring at the test pattern waiting for them to come on and the National Anthem playing at night after Friday Night Videos and Kung Fu theatre was finished! And....Candy cigarrettes with the "lit ends" in the box,
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Highway speed limits were only 55 mph.
  • RdySetGO11
    When you carried a PAGER! 143-143 lol
  • bjohs
    A Fish Called Wanda, About Last Night, St. Elmo's Fire, Bachelor Party, Blues Brothers... I could go on and on!
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    4 real roflol i did that hahahahhaahha:laugh:
  • bjohs
    When you actually owned the full hard cover encyclopedia library!!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    You loved the movie Legend of Billie Jean!
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Roller Skating!
This discussion has been closed.